Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Which Fallout Title is worse?

Which Fallout game is worse?

• Total voters

Garryydde

Arcane
Patron
Douchebag! Repressed Homosexual
I'm having a hard deciding whether FO3 or Brotherhood of Steel is worse. This has probably been asked a million times but which one do you think is worse?

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Brotherhood of Steel is that shitty Xbawx shit that has basically nothing to do with Fallout, right?

Then definitely that.

Oh wait that applies to both of them lololollolollololololololo.

Garryydde

Arcane
Patron
Douchebag! Repressed Homosexual
This is probably a bannable offense but...

ZaYQWfh.jpg

I have no same.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
Which one has fake vampires living in a subway system?

That should answer your question.

laclongquan

Arcane
I dont know. the Raider Matron of FBOS draw me in . And the LP on Dex is not bad.

Then again F3 has a ton of good females (modded) and I feel no desire to try that shit.

Possibly FBOS.

Fuck me! I misclick. Oh well.

naossano

Cipher
At least Fo3 tried to do something bigger, be mod friendly, and remain computer compatible as Fallout games should be.

But, on the other hand, they put "3" on the name...

Slow James

Savant
I'll say FO:B was the worst. FO3 shows that the team was familiar with the idea of what a Fallout game should be, but they just fell short of the mark. Skill checks and choices were pretty abundant and exploring areas just for the sake of exploring was actually pretty enjoyable.

If the game didn't have "Fallout" in its title and was just a future-based setting Oblivion (and everyone knew that going in), it might have been better received. As is, Inagree with the above poster - neither of these games are FO games. There is only 1, 2 and New Vegas.

::ignores that FO: Tactics even existed::

Slow James

Savant
It is way better than the two on this poll. And the name tell what the game is about. A tactical game, and a good one.

Again, a game that would have probably worked better without the Fallout name attached. It honestly reminds me a little of JA in its gameplay, but it still just doesn't "feel" like a Fallout game.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
It is way better than the two on this poll. And the name tell what the game is about. A tactical game, and a good one.

Again, a game that would have probably worked better without the Fallout name attached. It honestly reminds me a little of JA in its gameplay, but it still just doesn't "feel" like a Fallout game.

It features SPECIAL system. Only Fallout uses this system (ok, there is also Lionheart, but it doesn't count), so why invent a bycicle when you can just stick to franchise? Beisdes, F:T is about the only combat-oriented game based on SPECIAL. At least, I don't know of any other one.

D&D has Icewind Dale series, TDE has Blackguards, why can't SPECIAL has it's own combat-fag game? Give it some credit, man.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
::ignores that FO: Tactics even existed::

Haha. No. It was bottom of the barrel of skirmish games. Indestructible walls everywhere, no degrading wounds, linear levels, no smoke grenades, magical healing, horribly underutilised character skills.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
D&D has Icewind Dale series, TDE has Blackguards, why can't SPECIAL has it's own combat-fag game? Give it some credit, man.
Because combat was the worst part of the SPECIAL system? Because it was regressive shit as a tactical game? Because it took a massive dump on the Fallout setting?

Bleed the Man

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
BoS doesn't try to be a Fallout title, while Fallout 3 certainly tries.

Fallout 3 is a worse Fallout game, and BoS is a worse game in general. Pick your poison.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Because combat was the worst part of the SPECIAL system? Because it was regressive shit as a tactical game? Because it took a massive dump on the Fallout setting?

Your asking too much from it. It never pretended to be Fallout 3 or something as iconic as JA2. It is what it is: combat-oriented SPECIAL game, based on Fallout setting (hell, it even didn't have any global story - what "dump" are you talking about?)

Indestructible walls everywhere, no degrading wounds, linear levels, no smoke grenades, magical healing, horribly underutilised character skills.

Can you name at least 5 turn-based tactical squad games that have all of that? I can think of 3 at most.

Besides, when I was waiting for Fallout 3/Van Buren back in 2001, I was thankful for any Fallout spin-off (yep, used to be a fanboy until F3 came out). It doesn't have any replayability, but it's fun to complete it once.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Fallout 3 is better than that Xbox piece of shit by a mile. Let's not act like it isn't, even if it's a massive turd as well.

Edit: Actually I like Bleed the Man's answer most. :salute:

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012

Your asking too much from it. It never pretended to be Fallout 3 or something as iconic as JA2. It is what it is: combat-oriented SPECIAL game, based on Fallout setting (hell, it even didn't have any global story - what "dump" are you talking about?)
Let's start with not honouring the time divergence and shitting real world modern weapons all over the game, fucking hummers, no Fo1 power armour, no combat armour, no Fallout 1's firearms, part of BoS going on a massive trip including airships, Vault 0 (what about the Enclave?), anime-style robots and power armour, hairy deathclaws and many more.

Indestructible walls everywhere, no degrading wounds, linear levels, no smoke grenades, magical healing, horribly underutilised character skills.

Can you name at least 5 turn-based tactical squad games that have all of that? I can think of 3 at most.
You tried to discredit my point of Fallout Craptics being massively inferior due to all of these combined by wanting me to show you which game isn't deficient in one of them. What the fuck?

Destructible terrain, including walls and fences is pretty much standard in the genre, the same with degrading wounds and no magical healing and smoke grenades. With skills it's more variable.

bonescraper

FO3, because nobody remembers POS while FO3 destroyed the franchise.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik

Let's start with not honouring the time divergence and shitting real world modern weapons all over the game, fucking hummers, no Fo1 power armour, no combat armour, no Fallout 1's firearms, part of BoS going on a massive trip including airships, Vault 0 (what about the Enclave?), anime-style robots and power armour, hairy deathclaws and many more.

You tried to discredit my point of Fallout Craptics being massively inferior due to all of these combined by wanting me to show you which game isn't deficient in one of them. What the fuck?

Destructible terrain, including walls and fences is pretty much standard in the genre, the same with degrading wounds and no magical healing and smoke grenades. With skills it's more variable.

Maybe you got a point. Maybe I've got a bad taste or something. But I enjoyed playing it, and never regretted money spent. Didn't give much thought to "how does it fit in Fallout setting", coz I treated it like a half-trashy spin-off, a fantasy, a chewing gum before Fallout 3. And thus found it enjoyable to an extent.

You should have seen what fucking russians did with Jagged Alliance or Disciples series. Now THAT's how you kill a franchise.

Turjan

Arcane
But, on the other hand, they put "3" on the name...
Actually, you can be thankful for that. Just imagine they would have gone with the fad to just reboot the series and simply name it "Fallout", slowly blotting out the memories of the first game with the rise of new gamer generations.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom