Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Which CRPG has the most stupid name?

• Total voters

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Speaking of Divine Divinity (from Divinity Developer's Journal):

Bu5KlxJ.png

O2n7Q4N.png

Unwanted

Irenaeus II

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
Zed "Kingdom Come : Deliverance" is undoubtedly the stupidest title of them all. A classic example of the "let's string together as many empty, bombastic buzzwords as we can" syndrome, so prevalent in vidya gaems.
The result is so bland and impersonal it's not even funny...

With a name like that I would expect a name about the Apocalypse.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Like, for example, Ultima (what's it even supposed to mean?)

Consult my very first post on the RPG Codex: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/ultima-9s-bob-white-plot-full-docs.60870/

7. Not only is Hawkwind the Time Lord but he is the last survivor of an ancient race called the Ultima (I kid you not!).

The Ultima sought to eradicate the evil within themselves and succeeded by casting it out of them, but every time an Avatar of Virtue arose…and Avatar of Corruption was created. This lead to a long war between the Ultima and their evil siblings which spread across the universe.

Keldryn

Arcane
Like, for example, Ultima (what's it even supposed to mean?)
Literally, "last one". I always remembered Ultima Thule - "end of the world" - so Ultima is a good name.

Richard Garriott had planned to title his game Ultimatum, but discovered that named had already been trademarked for a computer game, so he shortened it to "Ultima."

I voted for Divine Divinity, just because I have considered it the dumbest name for a long time. ELEX is probably worse, but I had never heard of it until now.

The Legend of Legacy comes pretty close.

Not in the RPG realm, but while the name King's Quest made sense, and Space Quest worked pretty well, the name Police Quest always sounded stupid to me (cool games, but dumb name).

Wait, I almost forgot about Quest 64.

Quest64_big.jpg

Self-Ejected

CptMace

Self-Ejected
Richard Garriott had planned to title his game Ultimatum, but discovered that named had already been trademarked for a computer game, so he shortened it to "Ultima."

I voted for Divine Divinity, just because I have considered it the dumbest name for a long time. ELEX is probably worse, but I had never heard of it until now.

The Legend of Legacy comes pretty close.

Not in the RPG realm, but while the name King's Quest made sense, and Space Quest worked pretty well, the name Police Quest always sounded stupid to me (cool games, but dumb name).

Wait, I almost forgot about Quest 64.

Quest64_big.jpg

Don't worry they fixed it for Europe.

holy_magic_century_europe.jpg

:incline:

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Torment: Tides of Numenera

I cringe whenever I see it. An awkward mix of marketing Numenera shit on the corpse of Planescape and a try-hard attempt to replicate the original by what appears to be a gang of franchise raping autists.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Regarding games not on the list, Beyond the Beyond, Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together and Infinite Undiscovery are pretty damn retarded. But then again, they are JRPGs so retarded names are a norm.

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
What about Black Geyser. As a non-native english speaker I don't quite get whats wrong with the title. Is it the sound of the word 'geyser'?

Unwanted

a Goat

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Edgy Vatnik
Black Geyser obviously

@up: Cut the last 3 letters and turn "e" into "a".

Also VD's spoiler in discussion about it, but I don't recommend opening it. I'd even say DON'T open it

Where's Kingdom Come: Deliverance?
:happytrollboy:
For some reason I often read it as "Kingcomrade: Deliverance"
Sudeki: am I supposed to add numbers in a grid or something
You're supposed to commit sudoku.

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
Lords of Xulima: no matter how you pronounce it, Xulima is ugly as balls.
Until I actually heard its name pronounced in a video, I kept reading it Xultima, like an eXtreme version of Ultima. :lol:

Edit: also, while Sacred isn't as bad compared to some of the others, the expansion and gold edition, Sacred Underworld and Sacred Gold, make it sound like the underworld and gold are sacred.

Last edited:

pippin

Dragon Age is guilty of the sin of being the most uninspired title I can think of right now. It's an age which happens to be named after a dragon. It has no meaning for the game's theme at all, even when the big baddy is supposed to be a Dragon.
Two Worlds 2 sounds like they didn't actually expected to make a sequel.
ELEX sounds like an energy drink.

Self-Ejected

Ludo Lense

Self-Ejected
Even though it isn't CRPG-related nothing will ever beat this for stupidest title.

663360-631909_touchdic_super.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom