Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Which CRPG has the most stupid name?

• Total voters

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Vote TODAY!

Renevent

Cipher
Dragons of the Rip...very silly sounding name. ELEX is a close second if you considering what it actually stands for...on it's own it's not as bad though.

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Two Worlds 2
Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura

But my vote goes to: Infinite Undiscovery

Athelas

Arcane
Divine Divinity simply because it's redundant.

Final Fantasy because there is obviously nothing final about the franchise.

Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura
What's wrong with that title? Like PS:T, it contains the name of the world/setting followed by the central conflict/dilemma. Both informative and intriguing.

mondblut

Arcane
DivDiv. That's the one retarded name I recognize on the list. Well, ff too, but all jrpgs are retarded by default, and not crpgs to begin with.

Eclectic, Lavish, Exhilarating, Xenial

lolwut? is it rainbow hair the rpg? nah, not gonna google it, too stupid.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Don't Go Alone
OK, mom.
Necrotech
Evul corporation? Well, I never!

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Knights of Legend
E.Y.E.: Divine Cybermancy
Superhero League of Hoboken
Tunnels&Trolls

...and yea, dragons of the rip.

ROARRR

Savant
Possibly Retarded
If you know what ELEX actually means than it is a stupid name.
Else it could be a legit fantasy name.
So I go with Dragons of the Rip.

V_K

Arcane
DivDiv of course is out there, but there's a ton of strong contenders. Like, for example, Ultima (what's it even supposed to mean?) or Gothic (has nothing to do with either Gothic novels or Gothic architecture).

Unwanted

Irenaeus II

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
DivDiv of course is out there, but there's a ton of strong contenders. Like, for example, Ultima (what's it even supposed to mean?) or Gothic (has nothing to do with either Gothic novels or Gothic architecture).

Oh yeah!! Gothic!! That's the stupid name I was trying to remember. It has nothing to do with Goths or Gothic art, which means it was chosen only because it connects to Medieval Age. Retarded.

At least in Deablo you fight the devil as final boss or some shit.

jaybirdy

Educated
PST, definitely. I remember escaping from a planet (sorta), but I don't remember any tournament, and why would you call your CRPG by that name, it should be for an FPS or something.

ELEX has to be the top dog right now.

Beside that, it's a fierce battle between Bravely Default and a lot of other JRPG with their charming (?) random soup of english words as titles/taglines.

Cosmo

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Zed "Kingdom Come : Deliverance" is undoubtedly the stupidest title of them all. A classic example of the "let's string together as many empty, bombastic buzzwords as we can" syndrome, so prevalent in vidya gaems.
The result is so bland and impersonal it's not even funny...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom