Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Where to get Tilesets

Where can I buy quality tilesets and sprites that are complete enough to develop a whole game with? Prefer ISO tiles.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Yeah, well, hopefully by 2030 it'll be just like you're describing. But here in 2016, you have to unturn every stone and search in every nook and cranny just to find a few assets of consistent style and quality. The rest, you commission.

Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Where could I hire artists? How much would I expect to pay?

If you are actually serious, simply type your first sentence into the google search bar.
The price will depends on how much assets you want them to make.

Just to be clear, following pricing will be in United States dollars. And this is 2D pricing.
Typically, an unique 32px pixelart character with several standard animations will cost you around $300 (cheapest using russian/potato/huehue slaves) to $1000. More animations or more detailed animations will be far more costly.
Tilesets and backgrounds are charged differently and you will pay around $50 to $500 per background, depending on how detailed you wanted it to, native screen resolution and the artstyle you requested it to be in.
Of course, as with everything else, try to negotiate if you are commissioning a lot of contents from a single artist to get discounts for bulk commission.
How much you will be spending for visual will depends on your willingness to create the art yourself, your desired artstyle for the game, game native screen resolution, number of characters, number of "stages" and the gameplay visual requirement.

Regardless, good luck and do your best.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Or you can extract assets from Fallout Tactics (highest-res 2D Fallout graphics ever made), build the extractor into your game, and then require the user to have possession of FO:T before it can install itself.

Of course it's cumbersome and probably won't result in sales. GoG won't sell that sort of arrangement, that's for sure.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom