Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Where the Water Tastes Like Wine - American folk tale adventure where you wander through the US

toucanplay

Novice
I have no idea why I'm wasting time in this stupid self-monologuing, self-chest thumping, self-nut sucking "story" that has no idea what it aims for.

I think that's because the motivation behind making something bleeds into the creation. If you're principally creating something because of your ego, it's often pretty apparent that's the case. It can still be good, of course; it depends on whether you've earned that ego or not.

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
FWIW, I actually highly recommend The Worst Hard Time. It's a fascinating period of American history in a well-written book, one that can't help but make you appreciate all the modern comforts and conveniences. Working as a farmer was just a bit harder than making vidya, that's for sure.

[EDIT: Actually, maybe the game's gameplay was meant to be mimetic of the extreme tedium of a Dust Bowl existence coupled with the cruel indifference to your wellbeing that the world seemed to display...]

Last edited:

sser

Arcane
Developer
I'm surprised it cost so much or had that many people working on it. Looks like the issue is that it has no gameplay and an obscure setting (anybody want to discuss the over-purchasing and investing of farm equipment by American farmers in between 1900-1919??).

Anthony Davis A good primer here.

Why did you ping me? I'm not gonna play this game.

Dunno, I got a ping from you :M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom