Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Where my Bubbles Gone?

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
I'm not sure what's going on but...

If there's a fundraiser to get Bubbles a camera we need a thread about it so we can mock it properly.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So is this new fundraiser really all going to the Bubbles Loot Trust?
Yes.

Is the goal to tempt him back or reward him for his work?[ Is it just a ploy to prevent those indebted to jcd from paying up?
Moar liek I said we'd do a fundraiser to fix his shitty cam, so we're doing a fundraiser to fix his shitty cam.

Seriously, it's terrible.
If the fundraiser included asperger medication besides the camera, there'd be a good chance of getting him back, I reckon.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
For some reason I just found this majestic thread last night and it got me through the entire shift. Great job, bubbles. I will remember you always.

:rpgcodex:

hello friend

Arcane
:salute: Prime Junta Fun is king and a system + setting constellation can be a lot more than the sum of it's parts, but fuck some people are dense. It should pretty apparent at the most cursory glance that AD&D has a lot of flaws. They all do, in one way or another. Whether or not that is a problem is debatable, and a matter of taste.

You would have my sympathy for being dogpiled for speaking sense if it wasn't so fucking funny.

mondblut

Arcane
The rules themselves must be flavourful and varied, using different dice rolled different ways for different things. AD&D is great because it embodies years of RPG tradition and experience, from the early days of Chainmail to the depths of Planescape, and this tradition and richness is encoded not only in the settings and stories, but in the myriad of specifics, from Bend Bars percentages to horse trait tables, artistic PCs to elf level caps. AD&D rules in and of themselves, apart from the awesome background materials, are fuel for the imagination. The gaps in them are just as important as they let that imagination run free. Learning AD&D isn't about understanding some kind of logic, it's a voyage of discovery in its own right.

:love:

This summary has reminded me why do I love AD&D so much.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
The rules themselves must be flavourful and varied, using different dice rolled different ways for different things.

fuel for the imagination.

Learning AD&D isn't about understanding some kind of logic, it's a voyage of discovery in its own right.

1267350350-00.jpg

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
So i missed this whole drama, may read tomorrow during work though. Only noticed this thread thanks to me needing more ad free time (and supporting Codex of course, yea that too).

So, excluding that this campaign is a raptor hoax or troll, enjoy that new camera bubbles. I kinda liked your contributions and your sense of humor.

Seeing that we didnt hit 1k, and instead of getting you a cheap Chinese fake-cam, we found this east german technological marvel for just the right price.
0209classic02.jpg

Enjoy.

Severian Silk

Bubbles was a great poster tho he did get a bit too serious when he started contributing to the site which should be lesson to everyone I think.

Yeah, this. I am reading up on this now a bit and this is completely overblown. People should stop taking the codex so god damn serious, sure yeah it's a prestigious magazine and all that but it's the CODEX and in the end no one should let this affect themselves too much. Just... don't take this place, your "job" here and yourself in general too serious.

Sorry if this sounds mean, not supposed to ;)
How are we supposed to win Pulitzer Prize if we don't take games journalism seriously?

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom