Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Where my Bubbles Gone?

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Do I need to read that post to know it's shit?

Of course not.

Doktor Best

Arcane
Do I really have to play... say, Dragon Age 2 to know that it's a steaming, stinking pile of shit!? Of course not! I mean, that's a known fact.
So Bubbles is really kinda wrong about this issue... I think if someone saw the gameplay videos or read a bunch of reviews or whatever, it can be enough to know something about a game and form opinion about it. You don't necessarily even have to play it, let alone finish the game... Look, I'm not saying you can review the game without playing it, hell no. But to say something about it, fuck yeah!

No, it is not enough to know, but to assume. Ofcourse you can form an opinion out of assumptions, its just not an opinion as educated as the one of someone who actually played it. The thing is, Dragon Age 2 is (to the majority of people here atleast) not important enough to care wether their basis of information is strong enough for a well rounded opinion about the game or not. There are only so many things you can do in your life. Preassumptions are necessary to dictate your course of action to a certain degree.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
So is this new fundraiser really all going to the Bubbles Loot Trust? Is the goal to tempt him back or reward him for his work? Is it just a ploy to prevent those indebted to jcd from paying up?

:notsureifserious:

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
So is this new fundraiser really all going to the Bubbles Loot Trust?
Yes.

Is the goal to tempt him back or reward him for his work?[ Is it just a ploy to prevent those indebted to jcd from paying up?
Moar liek I said we'd do a fundraiser to fix his shitty cam, so we're doing a fundraiser to fix his shitty cam.

Seriously, it's terrible.

Explorerbc

Arcane
Bubbles
I know, I just wanted to annoy the people who complained. After 9 hours and three straight days of covering video games, the last thing I need to see is "ruh roh shit pics". You had a year to request any improvements after the last Gamescom; if you want to spring for photography classes and a professional camera + tripod for next time, be my guest.

Now I see what you meant by saying Bubbles took some things a bit too seriously.

Reapa

Doom Preacher
I privately asked Bee for my ejection on Monday and expect it to go through at some point in the near future. The decision has been well-considered, as far I can judge that myself. I do not plan to return to these forums in any capacity, and I think I'll be able to stick to that. I won't post about RPGs anywhere else, and I won't publish content anywhere else. I apologize to everybody I have hurt or offended.

My remaining Gamescom+GDC content will be delivered to Bee unless she objects. It will consist of pure transcripts, without any commentary. The commentary should be left to those who are still part of the site.

Come on man, that's needlessly extreme. If there are things on this forum that disturb you, then we can find a way to keep those things away from you and still let you do the stuff you're great at. Even if it means leaving the forum almost entirely - look at TNO, he came out of nowhere after years of absence and gave us a DX: MD review. That's good too. I mean, if you'd never had access to the Content forums and never saw what was behind the curtain, would any of this had happened? Find out what works for you and do it.
wtf??? what curtains??? content forums??? why would the codex need such crap? just let people post their shit on the codex forums and copy paste on the front page if it's good. and people, fuck the establishment! if you have something to post do it on the forum, front page or not! you don't need an invitation to write reviews and nobody cares if your reviews have official codex staff stamps on them. what are you, stupid? has everyone gone full retard???

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
So i missed this whole drama, may read tomorrow during work though. Only noticed this thread thanks to me needing more ad free time (and supporting Codex of course, yea that too).

So, excluding that this campaign is a raptor hoax or troll, enjoy that new camera bubbles. I kinda liked your contributions and your sense of humor.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom