Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

"Where did all the tactical first person shooters go?"

Beowulf

Arcane
There is a lot 10 points penetrations going on in that screens.
Damn, what to do, reinstall old R6, or wait for Interstellar Marines to be released before Grimoire?

Shadowfang

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
Then you should have tried Rainbow Six: Siege Beta. It ended today and aside the completly matchmaking shit, it was pretty good.

It had NO HEALHT REGEN.
NO RESPAWS.
2-3 SHOTS, YOU WERE DEAD OR BLEEDING.
While bleeding you hould be on the ground and could NOT USE ANYTHING. You could only wait for your team-mate to bandage you up but it wouldn't regenerate your lost life.
Then you would have various other mechanics, like environmental destruction, security cameras, barricating doors and windows and so on...
The gunplay was also very well balanced.

I'll probably buy it. If they make the matchmaking work, add server lists (it was still a beta though) and the price is like some 20-25 euros on Kinguin (if by that time the multiplayer community is still alive).

I followed some of its developmentand it leaves much to be desired.
Its been heavly critisized by hardcore fans and from what i saw it looks very silly and arcadish.

The weapons might be lethal but they are far from being realistic. The gunplay looked twitchy and doing massive holes with a 9mm in a wall is pathetic.

Edit: I just checked on IM and it still looks the same with all the same issues.
Looking through the sights of the smg, removes the helmet hud and gives you that stupid zoom, that comes so in handy in a cqb fight.
You still can't lean. Starting to think that they are not going to add it at all.
You can't change fov.
Their priorities are all messed up, and their turtle pace isn't helping.

I abandoned all hope with this genre and i am going full skyway.

Last edited:

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Ghost Recon, The couple first Rainbow Six and Swat 3 & 4 Were such great games and I recall they were pretty good sellers too... I really dont understand what the heck happened to those series

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Squad is looking good though, if you guys seen that. Project Reality guys behind it

Beastro

Arcane
Fuck playing Rainbow Six with the N64 controller.

Least it was better than a PSX controller.

bussinrounds

Augur
Ground Branch looks good (long time away)

First heard about this at least 5 years ago. And then heard more recently that it would be (if it ever comes out) MP only.

That's when I completely stopped giving a fuck

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom