Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What's the Codex's opinion on the Doom & Destiny games?

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
I mean these:

I've played them for a bit and they're really good IMO. They're basically anti-jRPGs. They were made by Italians who wanted to invert as many jRPG tropes as possible. More importantly though, the games have obscene amounts of content. There's so many locations to explore and so many quests to do it's ridiculous. The second game is still receiving content updates. Also, the games don't take themselves seriously at all, there's plenty of 4th wall breaking writing, tons of pop culture references. Yeah, kinda like Fallout 2, I guess. :roll:

Anyway, try them if you haven't. I'm not that good of a shill.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Be ready for the nerdiest adventure of your life! Journey with four everyday friends into this turn based hilarious jrpg filled with parodies and cameos! Explore a huge fantasy world full of secrets, monsters, dungeons and preposterous villains! Nerds are storming fantasy and it's awesome!

:abyssgazer:

Walden

Savant
ss_49118ede2accb49ccd4a689584f7b28a2a811d7b.600x338.jpg

eminem-puke-o.gif

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
well its not completely horrible, but yeah the writing is a bit juvenile

kinda like the 80s/90s "cool kids", it's kinda charming in its own way tbh

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Who are you and what did you do with Drog?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom