Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What's the best fishing game on Steam?

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
I like having something I can kind of just shill out with while I catch up on podcasts or listen to music, and a fishing game seems perfect. It's also just not something I've done much of, the fishing mini-game in Ocarina of time is about the extent of my experience.

Preferably one that actually works well on a keyboard and mouse or Xbox controller. I have that Dreamcast fishing game that i got in a bundle, but there was clearly no effort put into the port and it doesn't work too well.

My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I too would be interested in a good chill fishing game. The closest experience I've got is with playing the old deer hunter games on chill rainy days, something like that would be good.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

XenomorphII

Prophet
Not on steam, but you can always do the rom and emulate thing for Super Black Bass from the Super Nintendo. It is still the most fun fishing game I have ever played.

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
Pro Pilkki 2 might be the most elaborate fishing simulation out there, although it's entirely about ice fishing. It's free, too, but not on Steam as far as I know.

Beastro

Arcane
There's Reel Fishing for PSX.

I like having something I can kind of just shill out with while I catch up on podcasts or listen to music, and a fishing game seems perfect. It's also just not something I've done much of, the fishing mini-game in Ocarina of time is about the extent of my experience.

Preferably one that actually works well on a keyboard and mouse or Xbox controller. I have that Dreamcast fishing game that i got in a bundle, but there was clearly no effort put into the port and it doesn't work too well.

Grand Strategy games are the best ones while doing those things.

Last edited:

PrettyDeadman

Final Fantasy 15, because you can fish with your friends (handsome and loyal royal guards) in there.

Generic-Giant-Spider

47072_front.jpg

If you can find this, get this.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Amazon Trail has great spear fishing, if you want to change it up.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Final Fantasy XV maybe. Maybe try real fishing instead. You can still post on the Dex on your phone and play music plus you can bring fish home to your whoever and tell them they have to gut this fish since you spent all day sweating man sweat.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom