Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Whorecraft: Battle for Asseroth

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
There's plenty to spend WoW gold on - heirlooms, mounts (spider mount is 2 million, transmog mount is 120k, repair mount is 20k), and now in 7.2 BoE legendaries in addition to usual BoE epics. Decking out a new character with gear and vanity items can effectively cost millions of gold.
Yeah but none of that shit is useful. Economy is so whacked. I just sold two stacks of 20 each of that silver whatever generic fish for 1,000 gold each. 50g per fucking fish. Only because I undecut the controlling phag-mo's who listed it 100g per fish.

Re: HoTS -- Yeah as stated above they are transitioning to the shitty loot box system. It's clearly their weakest franchise now (you can tell because the developers actually put effort into it) but it's still cheaper to maintain than WoW.

Puukko

Arcane
Tomb of Sargeras is out. Cleared it on normal and touched a bit of heroic. Initial impressions are positive on my part, I'd say it's a small step up from Nighthold which was good as well. Some interesting, varied mechanics on the bosses.

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Some great looking areas as well, Mistress Sassaaxzsaklasn's room, Elf ghost rooms and KJ's ship being my favourites. Suffers from a little too much "round arena for a FIGHT!" though.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
What's next for wow? Hopefully it shuts down and Blizzard stops fucking with vanilla, bc, and wotlk servers so people can play wow when it was actually a game for adults, and not retarded kids.

Wulfstand

Prophet
New raid is pretty gud, visually I'm enjoying it fr more than nighthold. Mechanics wise most fights on heroic feel far easier than nh's heroics, however I'm waiting for to start M progression before judging anything in that department.

Stoked for 7.3 as it's looking well good on the ptr, new promising raid, dungeon, scenarios and 3 new maps. It'd damn better be as we'll most probably be spending the rest of the expansion on those 3 new maps.

Wulfstand

Prophet
Yeah, really cool trailer. The guy got hired by Blozz a few months back, hopefully he does something for 7.3.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
New raid is pretty gud, visually I'm enjoying it fr more than nighthold. Mechanics wise most fights on heroic feel far easier than nh's heroics, however I'm waiting for to start M progression before judging anything in that department.

Stoked for 7.3 as it's looking well good on the ptr, new promising raid, dungeon, scenarios and 3 new maps. It'd damn better be as we'll most probably be spending the rest of the expansion on those 3 new maps.

I do wonder if those 3 maps are filled with the quality quest content we got in 7.2 and Broken Shores. I still like how they hyped it up and what was released was one quest a week re-tread of things you've already done. And they dared to say they put massive effort in it. Yeah, right, I could make that questline through database edits in couple of hours, alone.

Wulfstand

Prophet
Yeah that's also one of the things I was wondering as well, whether the reason why the broken shore campaign sucked so much dick was because they were saving up the budget for argus.
So far people have been saying the little amount of questing they've done on the ptr has loads of wod influences, namely it's very cinematic, but we'll have to see. Each patch in Legion was released 77 days after the previous release, so we'll be questing on argus soon.

The new raid will almost surely be released w/ 7.3.5.

What I'm most curious about are the new tierset's set bonuses, as per tradition the last tier has to have some crazy fun bonuses, so I'm reeeeally hoping marksmanship gets something really fun.

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
worstui.jpg

L1pBi.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

339.jpg

LOOKS LIKE A SICK GAME BROS

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Moronic addon overkill. The small UI with the little boxes (Grid) is all you really need as a healer (and that one has since been incorporated into the base UI). Not sure why the guy has that AND full blown health bars for the entire raid. Or why you need to keep track of your total healing done in real-time. Or why, as a healer, you need a fucking threat meter. The other screenshots are the same... duplicate and/or useless information covering 75% of the screen.

Last one is elemental shaman? WTF do you need any kind of UI for that? Hit your three buttons and move out of the fire.

Last edited:

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
Moronic addon overkill. The small UI with the little boxes (Grid) is all you really need as a healer (and that one has since been incorporated into the base UI). Not sure why the guy has that AND full blown health bars for the entire raid. Or why you need to keep track of your total healing done in real-time. Or why, as a healer, you need a fucking threat meter. The other screenshots are the same... duplicate and/or useless information covering 75% of the screen.

Last one is elemental shaman? WTF do you need any kind of UI for that? Hit your three buttons and move out of the fire.

Not that I play WoW or anything but I wish they would ban addons from this game. It's crazy that they allow addons like DBM to trivialize boss fights by spamming your screen with massive text every 5 seconds telling you exactly what to do for every fight.

Then those addons become required because god forbid your raid wipes on anything and you lose 5 minutes that could be spent farming for +1 ilvl and you'd fall slightly behind some fucking 12 hr/day career twitch streamer and they'll have a slight head start on you for the next patch when Bli$$ increases max ilvl by 10 more points to keep you fucking monkeys subbing and grinding the same shit in perpetuum and...

fuck there's so much wrong with this shit game I could go on all day but I'm just gonna go to the gym to PUMP OUT THE HATE now cya

Aildrik

Savant
Longtime WoW player here... been playing since Vanilla. I liked the questing/leveling in Legion, but holy shit what a fucking grind AP is turning out to be.

Revenant

Actually, at this stage of the expansion the AP grind is not really that big compared to pre-new artifact trait Legion's. People used to bust their asses doing Mythic+ to get those 20 ranks of the last trait, now I think you can get to Concordance by just a couple of weeks of casual play.

Aildrik

Savant
I think that is part of my problem; a lot less free time to play these days. Also, for Mage at least, you are looking at having to build out multiple specs so that is yet more grinding. Frost seems better for single target, but Fire excels in cleave heavy fights. This seems to penalize some DPS classes that are expected to bounce between specs where someone like an enhance shaman or a restro druid can focus on a single spec.

I dunno.... maybe I am just wearing my rose colored glasses and thinking back to simpler times like TBC, but I find the grinding in some of these later expansions really tedious.

J1M

Arcane
I think that is part of my problem; a lot less free time to play these days. Also, for Mage at least, you are looking at having to build out multiple specs so that is yet more grinding. Frost seems better for single target, but Fire excels in cleave heavy fights. This seems to penalize some DPS classes that are expected to bounce between specs where someone like an enhance shaman or a restro druid can focus on a single spec.

I dunno.... maybe I am just wearing my rose colored glasses and thinking back to simpler times like TBC, but I find the grinding in some of these later expansions really tedious.
Numerically, you can keep two specs at AP one or two ranks lower than just a single spec. But, as you mentioned, it still feels extremely punitive, which makes it a failure of design. They should have just increased the amount required and had any you collect apply to all specs.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
So the new FF14 expac was a massive disappointment that ruined the game for me, but I'm still jonesing for an MMO. How are Warlocks these days? Last time I played this game was during Wrath.

Wulfstand

Prophet
Longtime WoW player here... been playing since Vanilla. I liked the questing/leveling in Legion, but holy shit what a fucking grind AP is turning out to be.

With ak40, getting 2 specs to Concordance is a joke. Literally, just do wqs and raid finder.

So the new FF14 expac was a massive disappointment that ruined the game for me, but I'm still jonesing for an MMO. How are Warlocks these days? Last time I played this game was during Wrath.

All 3 specs are competitive, oddly enough affli is still the top dog (everyone thought it'd get shredded after dominating the 2nd half of NH). Destro seems to be quite close, based purely off of wclogs. Can't tell you anything about the feel of the spec as I mainly stick to my hunter w/ ocasionsl dips into unholy and arms, but dps wise you can't go wrong with a lock.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom