Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What will you do when Fallout 3 comes out?

• Buy it immediately, it's Fallout for fuck's sake!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pirate it immediately, I'm looking forward to it but still pissed off about Oblivion.

• Buy it if there're good reviews/forum feedback. I want to support good games but have been burned in

• Buy it if Gamespot/IGN hate it. They like bad games and hate good games, so it makes sense.

• Pirate it if there is good feedback from the Codex. I don't want to waste my time downloading shit,

• Pirate it if Gamespot/IGN hate it. They like bad games and hate good games, so it makes sense.

• Read the Codex news/reviews about it. I'm not interested in it but it should provide good lulz.

• Ignore everything Fallout 3 related. It's too painful to compare this abomination to Fallout 1 and 2

• Ignore it completely. I've never been a fan of the Fallout series.

• Ignore it completely. I've never been a fan of Bethesda.

• Perform some sort of terrorist act to hurt the game's release.

• Perform some sort of terrorist act to hurt/kill members of Bethesda.

• Total voters

mondblut

Arcane
There should be an option "Pirate it solely to seed it making bethsoft lose some sales".

But I just wouldn't bother.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
I really can't say. The very thought that a new fallout game will be published is enough to turn my simple life upside down... When I first heard the news , I couldn't sleep , eat , think.... Now the fact that it's not made by the original team and it's made by Behtesda who will turn it into an FPS, produces a rage of unthinkable magnitude. Thoughts of mass murder and mayhem constantly occupy my mind... DEATH AND DESTRUCTION TO FALLOUT DEFILERS ! But... it's named Fallout... there might be a slim chance it will tun out good... there might be a slight chance some of the primal magic of the original games will still appear. Even then name itself has magical qualities.... [Fallout][Fallout][Fallout] the voices are chanting inside my head... THe dreams are now more vivid, more chaotic...The maddnes ... the screams . NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo. [Lobotomy]

I vote Kingcomrade.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I probably won't buy or pirate it, but I'm definitely looking forward to Codex feedback on the game.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
What's with this obsession with piracy? This thread should be renamed to "Look at me, guys! I can pirate games lol!"

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Vault Dweller said:
What's with this obsession with piracy? This thread should be renamed to "Look at me, guys! I can pirate games lol!"
That's not all there is to it. The thing is, there is actually PRIDE in pirating that game. You can clamor that you will pirate this game loud and clear and still feel morally superior. That's how bad Bethesda did with this game.

(not that I'm going to pirate it, I don't have time to waste on a POS)

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Really? First we don't know whether the game is good or bad. All we know for sure at this point that the setting is butchered (anyone surprised?), dialogues are poorly written (anyone surprised?), and there are some truly idiotic lulz in the game. Whether or not it's a bad game still remains to be seen. There are plenty of signs of Bethesda moving into the right direction with Fallout 3. Comparing to Oblivion, of course, so it's not saying much, but it's saying something.

Well, let's say that you are not interested in an ok PA game that happened to be a shitty Fallout game. Fair enough, but then why pirate it at all? Because you still want to play it?

Anyway, Brother None asked me to review it for NMA, so expect an "open-minded" review in 2-3 weeks after the release.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Why? Why do you do this!?
Look four posts above yours! Why!

Why do I even care? Truly, my altruism knows no bounds as I vainly better my peers; a naive soul caught in beliefs of the world of his dreams; every moment, a whisper in the echoes of harmony.

Deleted member 7219

Jasede said:
Why? Why do you do this!?
Look four posts above yours! Why!

Why do I even care? Truly, my altruism knows no bounds as I vainly better my peers; a naive soul caught in beliefs of the world of his dreams; every moment, a whisper in the echoes of harmony.

Jasede, I only pirate games when:

A. The games are out of print. For example, Arcanum, Planescape Torment etc

B. I'm skeptical about how good a game will be, so I want to test it out before I buy.

I'm very skeptical about Fallout 3, which is why I will pirate. If I like it, I will buy it. If I don't, I'll delete it. It's that simple.

Thrasher

Erudite
I will wait the usual 2 years before my hardware is up to playing to it, and decide then.

Ogg

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
skyway said:
I will wait for you guys torrenting this shit and writing reviews of it so I will read them and then will shit on FO3 at other game forums pretending like I've played it.
Also I will be too busy playing TW and SoZ so I won't bother myself with c-class game.

You read in me.

fastpunk

Arbiter

I'll be playing some other game, The Witcher most probably. Before E3 I would have said that yeah, I'll wait for some reviews from NMA or Codex and if it's alright then play it sometime. However, after seeing it in action at E3, I firmly decided not to go near it. It's not that it doesn't look like a good sequel to FO1 and FO2 (that was clear a long time ago) but it just doesn't look like a good game at all.

Helton

Arcane
I stopped reading anything related a long time ago. If I see a thread shoot up a few pages in a day I'll check it out for lulz, but the actual Fallout 3 shit isn't worth the time.

So I'll continue doing that, though it'll probably mean avoiding half the forum for a month.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom