Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What will evil be in Tranny anyway?

Angthoron

Arcane
Pretty sure it's about oppression of furries, there's even a screenshot of white people oppressing furries. And a map with furry stats.

14540.jpg

laclongquan

Arcane
Human Harvest. Always a good setting.

Set up officially governmental supported farm to raise human. harvest soul for energy. body parts for all thing medicals, real expensive not cheap. Human is a resource and will be exploited.

Think Nazi concentration cottage industry, but in grander scale.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Take WW2, replace "Hitler" with "Overlord", "Jews" with "Elves" and you have the story.

I love the smell of ovens in the morning. Smells like... victory.

They just need to study the right texts, to get a proper idea of what it is to be evil:

Last edited:
Take WW2, replace "Hitler" with "Overlord", "Jews" with "Elves" and you have the story.
The only problem - nobody really cares about elves. Unless main hero is a elf of course.

My bet it's something like Qin's wars of unification, aka "necessary evil".

Theldaran

Liturgist
They won't care about elves, but they will care about furries :) Obsidian really knows its audience.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The evil overlord can set up a network of magical devices to drain the souls of the land's newborns and use those souls to power the rebirth of his evil god. +M

I noticed that some people who I know don't like Pillars of Eternity have been brofisting this post.

For the record, it wasn't mean to be a disparagement of Obsidian. On the contrary, I consider that plot to have been quite monstrously evil, so the idea expressed by OP that Obsidian would have troubling coming up with a sufficiently evil overlord is strange to me.

Theldaran

Liturgist
The problem is not making evil *enough*, but avoiding *cheesy* evil. Thaos was a-okay, he had a clear agenda and lots of willpower to make it happen. Clearly not the worst part of the game.

For a bad antagonist, check on ToB's one.

Murk

Arcane
The evil overlord can set up a network of magical devices to drain the souls of the land's newborns and use those souls to power the rebirth of his evil god. +M

I noticed that some people who I know don't like Pillars of Eternity have been brofisting this post.

For the record, it wasn't mean to be a disparagement of Obsidian. On the contrary, I consider that plot to have been quite monstrously evil, so the idea expressed by OP that Obsidian would have troubling coming up with a sufficiently evil overlord is strange to me.

Relax dude, no one doubts your faith.

Self-Ejected

CptMace

Self-Ejected
From Paradox's forum, for what it's worth from a forum manager :

548970message.jpg

Although :

Infinitron said:

Infinitron holding a list of anti-poe heretics confirmed. :shittydog:

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space

Did you... just become self-aware? Holy shit.

Oh nvm. You thought it was a good plot..

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Infinitron said:

Infinitron holding a list of anti-poe heretics confirmed. :shittydog:

:updatedmytxt:

Tron is just going :updatedmyproscriptiontxt: for when the time comes and Josh will give the call

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
It's not mustache twirling evil at all - though there probably are some of those options in the game.

Have you read these real life stories about how the government in China decides it's going to build some sort of giant public works project, and so they just systematically MOVE a whole village or city? Villages or cities that have been there for decades, maybe even hundreds of years? That can easily be viewed as evil by the people being moved - but it's not "Tie the damsel to the railroad tracks" evil. It's the faceless bureaucratic evil, it's the death-panels deciding your illness costs too much to treat, it's the eminent domain taking away your home and livelihood. These are just examples - at least how I view it.

I guess it's just easier for marketing to say "Evil won", which I can understand - even if I think it's too simplified.

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
But is it evil or not? From the PC's perspective.

It will depend on how you view the situations you are presented with - and a lot of it will make more sense when more information is released:

How does belief work in this world?
How does magic work in this world?
Etc.

Fairfax

Arcane
No surprise there, Paradox marketing sucks. I remember some of PoE's promotional stuff made it seem like the Saint's War was a big part of the game.

Athelas

Arcane

It will depend on how you view the situations you are presented with - and a lot of it will make more sense when more information is released:

Etc.
Thanks for providing us with info in spite of the embargo. Is it true the development team consists of about 50 people?

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer

Etc.
Thanks for providing us with info in spite of the embargo. Is it true the development team consists of about 50 people?

I don't think I violated the embargo... I was just trying to say that when you know about the world you can make better decisions. Frankly, that seems like common sense to me - if Feargus kills me, I will know that I was wrong.

C&C!

I don't know how many people are on the team.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom