Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What kind of Fallout gamer are you?

PorkBarrellGuy

I imagine a gun made from pig iron would be more like a hand grenade

I thought the idea of the song was old guy with a piece of shit gun that barely works comes into town and beats the young murderer on the draw, showing his experience and that he can still be quick when the situation calls. Instead it's just a song about a guy with a big gun. I dunno, feels far less impactful.

A guy with a big gun who comes into town and beats the seasoned killer of men on the draw when everyone around him was convinced he was bound to become another notch on Texas Red's gun. I still like it.

There is a newcomer in the gay club Agua Fria - so called for the cold shower taken after a sauna - specifically asking for the infamous top Texas Red (known for his red cowboy boots). Most believe the handsome stranger will become another notch on Red's list, but he surprises everyone with his big penis which is hard like iron. Texas is stunned for a moment and the ranger uses the opportunity to mount him. The ranger leaves him exhausted on the floor and leaves without saying a word.

That was surprisingly easy to write

:despair:

Okagron

Prophet
Wasn't this about how having any retarded thing (ie ghouls living in a refrigerator or smth) is fine because lolz its syfy not real life lolol
Yeah, I recall that tweet was actually a response to someone asking how the ghoul in the Kid in the Fridge survived for 200 years with no food or water, even though in the previous games they needed to eat and drink to survive. Then he responded with that bullshit.

Like some said here, realism and internal consistency is not the same thing. A world in a game needs to be consistent with its own rules unless the whole point of that world is to be this jokey, over the top world that it breaks its own rules intentionally. The world of Fallout is not like that, it had own its rules setup. Ghouls in the first two games needed food and water to drink. Case in point, the Necropolis and the water chip. The reason they don't hand you the water chip is because they need it to have water and they need water to drink. The Kid in the Fridge effectively shits all over that by having a ghoul survive for 200 years with no food or water.

That response is even more retarded when you realize ghoul settlers in settlements take up water and food. Meaning they need it to survive. Fallout 4 is not even consistent with its own bullshit.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
The problem is that the guy he's responding to in that tweet (iirc) weren't talking about realism at all, though. The guy was asking him why is there a terminal entry that were implying that Jet existed before the Great War, and that's the response Hines gave him. Is discussion about lore consistency related to realism at all?

You're right that it's not about realism, however I'm not sure bugging him about relatively minor continuity issues between 2 and 3 is any more likely to be taken seriously. While they do consider 1 and 2 roughly canon I don't think they feel beholden to them, and even if they did I don't think one or two errors would really light their fires of regret and apology. Even as a huge fan of the series I'm only mildly annoyed by the issue, and can just pretend that computer says something else.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It's really quite straightforward: after blowing up the oil rig in Fallout 2, the Chosen One got himself into a lore-breaking random encounter on the world map, transporting him back to pre-war USA, Twelve Monkeys style, pockets full of Jet which was then reverse engineered by scientists. Bethesda were merely acknowledging this fact. If you have to blame someone, blame MCA - he's the source.

Black Angel

Arcane
:abyssgazer:

The whole song is actually a euphemism for sex. "Big iron" is a phallic symbol.
So what you are saying is the song is about a dude premature ejaculating faster than his twink partner.
Wait, Texas Red is a twink? Are the "notches in his gun" the men he's powerbottomed on or something? This is getting gayer than Arcade Gannon.
I'm just reading the signs, you guys are the gay sex experts.
RPGCodex: The Gay Sex Experts

EDIT: There is actually a user here named Texas Red. THE PLOT THICKENS.
There is a newcomer in the gay club Agua Fria - so called for the cold shower taken after a sauna - specifically asking for the infamous top Texas Red (known for his red cowboy boots). Most believe the handsome stranger will become another notch on Red's list, but he surprises everyone with his big penis which is hard like iron. Texas is stunned for a moment and the ranger uses the opportunity to mount him. The ranger leaves him exhausted on the floor and leaves without saying a word.

That was surprisingly easy to write

:despair:
Texas Red is an anagram of Sex Trade
What the fuck did I do. One small joke and the gay fanfic writers come crawling out of the woodwork in droves. :flamesaw:
What kind of fallout *gaymer* are you?
You're right that it's not about realism, however I'm not sure bugging him about relatively minor continuity issues between 2 and 3 is any more likely to be taken seriously. While they do consider 1 and 2 roughly canon I don't think they feel beholden to them, and even if they did I don't think one or two errors would really light their fires of regret and apology. Even as a huge fan of the series I'm only mildly annoyed by the issue, and can just pretend that computer says something else.
Yeah, bothering Hines might not been the good idea in retrospect, and the guy should've asked for Emil instead (and maybe even Todd), but the tweets was made talking about Fallout 4 though. But yeah, I think it's much better to dismiss any 'canon' from Fallout 3, 4, and even 76 from the looks of it.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Even as a huge fan of the series I'm only mildly annoyed by the issue, and can just pretend that computer says something else.

You're the dream of any shitty and lazy company.

You can pretend a shit game is a good game.

A true role-player. :hero:

I can pretend the computer says something else. Jesus.
giphy.gif

A guy with a big gun who comes into town and beats the seasoned killer of men on the draw when everyone around him was convinced he was bound to become another notch on Texas Red's gun. I still like it.

Oh yeah, while writing the gay version I forgot to add - the point of the song isn't really the Big Iron, but the ranger's skill with it. When he arrives all the townsfolk (and Texas Red) notice is the gun, but when he leaves it's "the swiftness of the Ranger still talked about today", because he shot Texas before he "cleared leather" (take his gun from the holster).

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2

Oh yeah, while writing the gay version I forgot to add - the point of the song isn't really the Big Iron, but the ranger's skill with it. When he arrives all the townsfolk (and Texas Red) notice is the gun, but when he leaves it's "the swiftness of the Ranger still talked about today", because he shot Texas before he "cleared leather" (take his gun from the holster).

Made me roll cowboy char and beat the game using big iron (ranger seqoya) and related perks a true classic and you should all be ashamed to make homo fan fiction out of this song.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom