Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

what is in the caves outside of the sacred grove?

fastjack

Augur
in the sacred grove they have that underground cave area with two locked doors, what is behind the second (reenforced) one, and how can one get there? i picked the key off of the priest but that only opens the warehouse.

also i am having trouble both poisoning people and having my slaves act as henchmen, can someone please give me detailed info on how to do them both?

(i applied poison to meat and gave it to ortwin at dinner and waited several days and nothing happened, also i could not poison my sword, can i poison any weapons? As for henchmen i gave my male slave an axe then freed him, i traveled to see if he would go with me but i was ambushed by robbers and was all alone.)

btw i have the demo version but look foward to buying the full thing! what would you say the length of the demo is compared to the full thing? (taking into account both plotlines)

thank you all in advance!

Wolf Mittag

Wolf Mittag Software Development
Developer
Hello fastjack,

Tiu's Grove: (Your pickpocketing the key from the priest: Well done! I enjoy to see how players tend to explore really every detail. But note that it's sacrilegeous to steal in a holy place, and being a superstitious Teuton, you'll feel afraid of the Gods' wrath.) The door in the cave below is opened from within, not with a key, but with a lever. You can't get in there from outside of the grove. Instead, go to the place between the priests' house and the storage hut: With the "Find Hidden Things" action you'll find an entrance there (dig with a pickaxe to uncover it).

Poison people: The way you proceeded would work perfectly well with most people. However, noblemen tend to be more careful about accepting food from others, and you usually can't poison priests, either. With some people, making them drunk first (giving several amphorae of wine to them) will eventually make them eat/drink any poisoned food you may give to them afterwards, but others (and I think Ortwin is one of these) won't accept any poisoned food regardless of how drunk they are.

Poison swords: That doesn't work. The technical reason is that I had no free bit left for the ThisWeaponIsPoisoned information (all taken up by weapon number, state, and blessing). And the game world reason is that none of the plants you can find in Northern Europe would be poisonous enough: Usually, you'd have to eat at least a handful of even the most poisonous European herbs, berries or mushrooms in order to become really ill. Anything less, including contact of extracts of these herbs with your blood, wouldn't really harm you. Consequently, as far as I know, there has never been any use of poisoned arrows or other weapons in Europe, not even in Sagas or myths.

Henchmen: Teudogar remains a single player game - you can't set up your own band of warriors like in Ultima 6. But while your slaves/freedmen won't follow you around, they will aid you when you happen to be in trouble somewhere near to them: Try starting a fight with your neighbors (save game status first), and your slaves ought to join the fight on your side. If you face a defeat, you may also try fleeing to one of your friends' farmsteads: When they see you being attacked, they'll probably join your fight, too (along with their slaves).

Full Version: The Demo Version encompasses less than 20% of the game's plot and game world. Apart from Heruwood, Cattanford and Heremod's Hall, your travels through the Full Version will also take you to Alwina's Cave, Usipians' Refuge, Bruglow, Ortruda's Forest, Ragangardis' Tower, Adalmar's Estate, Brandolf's Farmstead, Teudogar's Hoard, Roman Camp, and other places. While an alliance with Rome can be accomplished with comparative ease, forming a tribal alliance against the Romans will by its nature be quite hard and take a much longer time.

fastjack

Augur
re

tank you for all; of the prompt and in depth help! i wonder though, what is the search for hidden things command? is it the explore surroundings command? is so i cannot find it, might i trouble you for a more in depth location of the entrance?

Adam P

Augur
you learn it from the dwarf, you must pay him money, he will also teach you where burial mound is. The dwarf is in the southeastern town, dont remember what its called.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom