Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview What is Fallout 3?

Grafo

Augur
Yeah how could we have been so stupid, lulz......faggot.

Texas Red

Whiner
And I remember when they called me a retard here when I said that I believed the journalists are bribed :roll:.

Kotario

Liturgist
He does indeed state that to a word, at 2:16 in the interview.
Gavin Carter said:
You can approach Fallout 3 as a completely straight-up, first-person shooter with RPG elements, if you want. But we don't want to necessarily reward the player who is just going to play it as a first-person shooter, we really want to reward somebody who is going to come at it from a RPG angle. [Goes on into a description of V.A.T.S.]

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
Kotario said:
Gavin Carter said:
You can approach Fallout 3 as a completely straight-up, first-person shooter with RPG elements, if you want. But we don't want to necessarily reward the player who is just going to play it as a first-person shooter, we really want to reward somebody who is going to come at it from a RPG angle. [Goes on into a description of V.A.T.S.]
And yet, in another interview they state that they're thinking of upping the hit-percentages for certain body parts for the people who want to play the game without V.A.T.S.

What exactly is it now?

Kraszu

Prophet
Kotario said:
Gavin Carter said:

It is trully for hardcore rp gamers, you can play using sweet immersive fp action combat or using system that sound like it will suck, and be reworded for that, I demand hardcore rp points for using V.A.T.S.

pkt-zer0

Scholar
Volrath said:
And yet, in another interview they state that they're thinking of upping the hit-percentages for certain body parts for the people who want to play the game without V.A.T.S.

What exactly is it now?
They've given me the impression they're aiming not for just one or the other - but both. You can play it as an FPS, or as an RPG, (with the same underlying mechanics) depending on your preferences.

Which seems rather pointless and difficult to implement properly. When was the last time the Beth guys did just one of the two particularly well?

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Kotario said:
Gavin Carter said:
Thanks. Updated my journal.

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
It's official now:

f3-fps.gif

Brutal honesty at it's best. :lol:

pkt-zer0

Scholar
Bah. It might look like an FPS, and play like an FPS, but it's assuredly not an FPS. It's a great RPG on par with Oblivion, after all.

Chefe

Erudite
I saw a demonstration of Fallout 3 and I can assure you that it is the greatest accomplishment in the history of mankind.

SlavemasterT

Arcane
Chefe said:
I saw a demonstration of Fallout 3 and I can assure you that it is the greatest accomplishment in the history of mankind.
HOLY SHIT CHEFE YOU'RE ALIVE

They all said I was mad, and you don't know who I am, but I've kept your memory alive the entire time you were off banging your hot Brazilian supermodel wife and playing exclusive jazz clubs all around the world.

Welcome back.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
mmm, no dumbfucks except two trolls.

The decline is real.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Borderline if the "fap fap fap" in the first page was real. In this place you never know.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom