Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What game are you wasting time on?

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Trash, Oct 8, 2010.

1. Hoaxmetal Arcane

Hoaxmetal
    Click here and disable ads!
    All those librul carbs, you monster :eek:
    ^ Top  
  2. sea Prestigious Gentleman I support InXile

sea
    Now that I'm done with Neverwinter Nights 2, I feel I'll finally get around to playing and finishing the first one. I could never ever get past chapter 1 on account of the insane amount of shitty filler combat, but... okay well that's not going away, but I seek some solace in the fact that apparently the expansions are okay. Plus I spent money on it, so I must suck as much value from it as I possibly can!

Also, this engine is still buggy as hell, even the fixed-up GOG version. If I pick the 3D audio provider then it stutters so badly it becomes unplayable. Running 2D Miles provider, it runs smoother than I have ever seen it on any computer (constant 60 fps). Weird.
    ^ Top  
  3. Deuce Traveler Prestigious Gentleman 2012 Newfag

Deuce Traveler
    Divinity: Original Sin
    I'm not into online games, but this looks awesome.
    ^ Top  
  4. Crooked Bee Nyadmin Patron

Crooked Bee
    Codex 2014 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    Beaten Deus Ex: Invisible War. I thought it would feel good to
    Show Spoiler
    pair up with Leo and just take everyone out

because you'd think it should be awesome when your final quest is "fuck everyone", but the ending area was just as disappointing as the rest of the game. All the factions were pretty retarded, too: lol Nazis, lol robots, lol capitalism, lol religion, hurr durr capitalism and religion are two sides of the same coin; it's like some crappy undergraduate political philosophy essay or something. And not a single memorable quest or character. Basically, the game really is everything the Codex has been saying it is.

At least it's better than Mass Effect. :P

Also beaten Assassin's Creed 3. More of the same basically, except in a new setting. At least it didn't require you to do any of the inane side stuff like hunting and chasing almanac pages in order to advance the main plot (the tutorial notwithstanding), so I breezed through it fairly quickly.

Uninstalling Uplay as we speak.

Next on my popamole edutainment list:
    Max Payne 3
    Borderlands 1 and/or 2
    Hitman: Absolution
    Bioshock 1 and/or 2
    Batman: Arkham whatever
    Sleeping Dogs
    Skyrim: Dragonborn
    :desu:

See you in a mental asylum.
    Crooked Bee rolled 13-sided di(c)e: sanity Total: 24
    Surf Solar Brofists this.
    ^ Top  
  5. Deuce Traveler Prestigious Gentleman 2012 Newfag

Deuce Traveler
    I just finished reading the Mask of Loki by Roger Zelazny and boy does parts of that book seemed to have been borrowed by Assassin's Creed. It's probably just a coincidence, since a lot of fiction writers seem to like to make global conspiracies out of the Assassins, Templars, Freemasons, alien beings posing as gods, memories of past lives and so on and so forth, but darned it all if Mask of Loki and Assassin's Creed don't share all of those elements.
    ^ Top  
  6. Jaesun Fabulous Moderator Patron

Jaesun
    MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
    Playing The Legend of Kyrandia for the first time. Fucking beautiful as expected from a Westwood game, and enjoying it through my glorious MT-32. The puzzle logic is......... a bit odd. But enjoyable so far.
    Astral Rag Brofists this.
    ^ Top  
  7. crojipjip Artist Formerly Known as Prosper

crojipjip
    Ungame.
    ^ Top  
  8. Jashiin Arcane

Jashiin
  9. Grim Monk Erudite

Grim Monk
    Hitman: Agent 47 / For the First Time / On Hard Difficulty...

Got stuck for ages trying to do the "The Lee Hong Assassination" with no civilian casualties.

(Even checked on :oops: Youtube, but all the walkthroughs killed the waiter.)

Finally did it: shot him, his bodyguard, and everybody else in the his hideout before doing any of the other objectives.

Not really "stealthy" but it worked...
    ^ Top  
  10. shihonage You see: shelter.

shihonage
    Slowly grinding through Dead Space 2 and sometimes Guild Wars 2.

Lost all remnants of interest in Tribes: Ascend.
    ^ Top  
  11. DalekFlay Arcane Patron

DalekFlay
    Skyrim: Dragonborn
    Hitman Absolution
    Neverwinter Nights 2 main campaign
    FEAR 2

None of them are that great, really, though I do fully enjoy Skyrim for what it is.
    ^ Top  
  12. Data4 Magister

Data4
    "You gonna get raped."

[​IMG]
    ^ Top  
  13. Corporate_Jew_Master Arcane

Corporate_Jew_Master
    Chariots of War.

Goddamn piece of shit Matrix Games that's impossible at higher difficulties. Currently playing Egyptians and enslaving machete rapists for my future army of conquest that I shall unleash upon the unsuspecting people of Judea and Gaza.

[​IMG]

See this motherfucker? He means business. In this game your useless peasant infantry only exists as meat shields for your chariots of brutal rape. They drive around and chuck spears like the dumb sapiens they are and drive down people like some crack addict on Las Vegas.

[​IMG]

See all these colors? You can pick one of them, ranging from egyptians and hittites, to sumerians, babylonians, jews, akkadians, mitani, persians and steppe niggers and god knows who else and go on a rampage of murder, plunder and extreme hoarding of jewgold.

[​IMG]

I won't even mention how retarded and badly implemented the battles are. But watching chariots run down those hapless peasants out in the open fills me with a sense of fulfillment, like watching a flower bloom or interracial at work.

[​IMG]

You think this is extreme?

Try boiling alive. Prime culinary achievement of the Nubian mind.

Chariots of War. It's so bad it's good.
    DwarvenFood and Kalin Brofist this.
    ^ Top  
  14. Awor Szurkrarz Arcane

Awor Szurkrarz
    Codex 2012
    Dead Colony.
    shihonage Brofists this.
    ^ Top  
  15. Deuce Traveler Prestigious Gentleman 2012 Newfag

Deuce Traveler
    Right now I'm playing an old first person shooter with RPG elements called Might and Magic 6. :troll:

Seriously, it's a good game, but when I'm trying to shoot beholders from a distance I feel like I'm playing Doom, only without a handy ability to strafe and with unlimted ammo. Once I knock this one out I can say I played through my Might and Magic 6-pack collection I got off of GOG. It would only have taken me 8 months of continuous play.
    ^ Top  
  16. procrastinator Prophet

procrastinator
    Spent quite a few hours playing Dark Souls. A fun game once you get used to controls and learn the basics, and also a beautiful one. Not only in visuals, but just all-around elegant. But ffs it is nowhere near as transcendental (lol) as some people make it sound. Good one, but not the best thing ever.

Better then Divinity 2, eh.
    :troll:
    ^ Top  
  17. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    Was bouncing back and forth between Civ 5 and Warlock but I've pretty much mastered the AI: can win Civ 5 on Immortal and Warlock on Impossible consistently so there's not much challenge left. Still wanting to play some strategy games and wishing all that good kickstarter stuff would hurry up and get released. Guess I'll finish up Mark of the Ninja!
    ^ Top  
  18. DragoFireheart My custom tag should say "Impotent Cunt". Undisputed Queen of Faggotry

DragoFireheart
    [​IMG]

Looks bland, needs more bloom.
    ^ Top  
  19. abnaxus Arcane

abnaxus
    You didn't mind the even more insane amount of shitty filler combat in NWN2? The Derp Caves and Ninja Horde Mansion in NWN2 Chapter 1 likely have more filler than all chapters of NWN1 together.
    ^ Top  
  20. sea Prestigious Gentleman I support InXile

sea
    Bullshit. I suffered through 3 levels of goddamn ogre caves, followed by 3 Creator Ruins levels which literally use almost the exact same layout, enemies and "puzzle" each floor, 3 levels of the massive orc/goblin/bugbear caves, 3 levels of the Ruins of Illusk, etc. The entire game is one gigantic long copy-paste of the same levels, which have nothing but shitty random loot and tons of enemies per area, and let's not forget the 500 containers that are all locked and each take 5 seconds to open (longer if you can't pick the locks yourselves and your follower's pathfinding bugs out).

Nothing in NWN2 was this bad... and at least it had interesting puzzles, and combat that was kinda fun and challenging from time to time, instead of just fucking boring, easy and tedious.
    TalesfromtheCrypt and Sceptic Brofist this.
    ^ Top  
  21. Kalin Arcane

Kalin
    Except Gimli and fake-Annah.
    Hellraiser Brofists this.
    ^ Top  
  22. Ninja Destroyer Arcane

Ninja Destroyer
    Prepare your inventory for many fireberries and lose one point of sanity in labirynth, where hills caves have eyes :mad: . I love the series, but for me the second part is the best. Maybe it's because it was my first adventure game, but replaying the whole series told me otherwise. And Zanthia with voice sounds like a normal female character, like April from TLJ. The third one had some really ugly graphic parts (the jungle, snakes and a machete bleh, tedious).
    ^ Top  
  23. circ Arcane

circ
    Finally finished ME3 this morning. Now replaying with new gamu+ because I don't have shit to do. DXHR was as boring as I remembered. Maybe Alpha Shitcol?

BUT DAT ENDING! I of course said fuck you to the extended version though I've seen it on jewtubes. AND YEAH. I COULD SEE HOW BIOFANS WOULD SEE THAT AS A 40 POUND COCK SLAPPING YOUR FACE FOR AN HOUR. I maxed every fucking thing too so I got a 'choice', but I didn't see the SUPAR ending of shep breathing. I need multiplaya for that. Sweet. Yeah if those maps and weapons weren't such shit maybe MP might be appealing. As it is it's just interesting for actiony SP. Also difficulty. The last bit was laughably easy. Where's the improved AI? Classic buff HP/Protections for artificial difficulty. Also taking down a massive reaper with a handheld heavy weapon. LOLOLOLOL? No one thought of this earlier if it's that fucking easy? Just give everyone a mini nuke launcha, problem solved. Had more problems with Rannoch reaper dodging. Fucker.

And well I could go on for hours about the plot but some points. Just why do the reapers attack earth and every other planet instantly? What was the point of destroying alpha relay earlier? Or sabotaging citadel even much earlier? Oh shit, you delayed them 3 years. Why liberate earth first? You didn't do shit about Palaven, and Thessia. Speaking of Thessia, wow, one temple mission and that's it? Uhuh. And superior lifeform, the reapers, really? But didn't have a contingency plan for possible citadel sabotage, not to mention for some dick blowing up relay network? Been around for millions of cycles? You sure? But dat ending took the cake. Some good bits of writing if you compare it to Super Mario; in some bits - even good drama, see Mordin. But eh, why bother BioWare?
    ^ Top  
  24. BLOBERT Arcane Patron

BLOBERT
    BROSA FINISHED FAG PROTOCOLPLAYING OUTLANDS ON THE FAGBOX AND STILKNOVCCCASIONALLY WAKING MARS ON MY TABLET

FAG PROTOCOL WAS LIKE A BETTER FAG EFFECT LIKE SOMEONE REALLY TRIED WITH THE CHOICES AND SHIT THE COMBAT BORED ME TOWARDS THE END BUT AT LEAST ON HARD YOU WERE PUNISHED FOR A SHIT CHARACTERR

EITHET FALLOUT NEW FAGGOT OR DVINITY 2 FAGGOT KNIGHT SAGA

NOT PLAYING PC MUCH CAUS I AM IN BETWEEN HOUSES AND THE PC IS AT THE PLACE I AM AT LESS BUT I HAVE BEEN STILLNGOING AT PAINKILLET
    moraes, Surf Solar, Metro and 3 others Brofist this.
    ^ Top  
  25. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    Right now I'm trying to get into SoTS 1, playing Toy Soldiers that I got for $1, and figuring out a more engrossing game to play rather than time fillers. Maybe Amnesia or Two Worlds 2.

Keep going back to Warlock because the combat is fun and it's essentially turn based Majesty but even on Impossible is too easy. All you need to do is abstain from going to war until you clear out one of the alternate dimensions then you can steamroll the opposition since you have a dozen cities safe from any attacks all with the best resources in the game.
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above links helps us pay the hosting bills)