Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What game are you wasting time on?

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Psychonauts wrapped up for the second time.

Not playing anything at the moment but Mysteries of Westgate is right around the corner.

Self-Ejected

ManjuShri

Self-Ejected
Parasite Eve for PSX. Japanese games usually tend to rub me the wrong way with their cod-philosophy and metaphysics however this game's Japanese story 'trait' is quite endearing in its own, almost parodic, way.

Before the first boss battle with Eve:

Eve : Nucleic domination has finally come to an end once and for all.
Aya : What ?!
Eve : Once again...the day for the mitochondria to be free has finally arrived !!

ohWOW

Sucking on dicks and being proud of it
Dumbfuck Queued
After having HD serious sams replayed lately I reminded how annoying and boring this games were back in the day. God damn this, spawning fuckers few steps behind my back when picking a health pack.
Co-op survival is fun though.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Got an e-mail from GOG this morning about their 3D Realms sale so I picked up Rise of the Triad, Duke 1, 2 and 3(D) & Shadow Warrior.

Imma nostalgia.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Playing The Legend of Kyrandia for the first time. Fucking beautiful as expected from a Westwood game, and enjoying it through my glorious MT-32. The puzzle logic is......... a bit odd. But enjoyable so far.

Prepare your inventory for many fireberries and lose one point of sanity in labirynth, where hills caves have eyes :mad: . I love the series, but for me the second part is the best. Maybe it's because it was my first adventure game, but replaying the whole series told me otherwise. And Zanthia with voice sounds like a normal female character, like April from TLJ. The third one had some really ugly graphic parts (the jungle, snakes and a machete bleh, tedious).

I still can't believe I finished the game without a hint book when I was younger. When I replayed LoK 1 a year ago, I cannot be arsed to figure it out myself. It's just that frustrating.
It took me a long time to map the labyrinth, and figuring out that I can actually drop Fireberries on the floor, and solving that section was one of the most satisfying adventure game experience ever.

LOK3 is shit, no doubt, the first part where Malcolm had to leave Kyrandia was the best, after that, I gave up completely on the Isle of Cats.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
After having HD serious sams replayed lately I reminded how annoying and boring this games were back in the day. God damn this, spawning fuckers few steps behind my back when picking a health pack.
Co-op survival is fun though.

People keep calling SS series a spiritual successor to Doom, which is like calling a disco ball a spiritual successor to the Sistine Chapel.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Bought the latest Ghost Recon on amazon because it was on sale for $12 and I'm a fucking moron. It's terrible.

Reinstalled Half Life 2 randomly the other night, played through the boat. Hadn't played it since achievements, was kind of weird to see them popping every 5 fucking seconds. That game is still amazing though, how it didn't fucking teach every developer to avoid cutscenes is beyond me.

Still fucking with Skyrim after the Dragonborn expansion. Did most of what's there, very worth it if you like the main game. Looking to finally finish the Dark Brotherhood now, which I never did before... finally have a character it makes sense with. Archery and sneak are SO fucking overpowered in Skyrim btw.

ohWOW

Sucking on dicks and being proud of it
Dumbfuck Queued
Bought the latest Ghost Recon on amazon because it was on sale for $12 and I'm a fucking moron. It's terrible.

Reinstalled Half Life 2 randomly the other night, played through the boat. Hadn't played it since achievements, was kind of weird to see them popping every 5 fucking seconds. That game is still amazing though, how it didn't fucking teach every developer to avoid cutscenes is beyond me.

Still fucking with Skyrim after the Dragonborn expansion. Did most of what's there, very worth it if you like the main game. Looking to finally finish the Dark Brotherhood now, which I never did before... finally have a character it makes sense with. Archery and sneak are SO fucking overpowered in Skyrim btw.
Ban DalekFlay.

RedScum

Arbiter
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Sudden Brian damage?

2whph7m.jpg

tycoon city - new york, for the first time.
i can't believe a 7 years old supposed mediocre game can succeed so easily where the supposed giant behemoth of electronic entertainment can fail so hard today.

Gakkone

pretty cool guy eh
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Playing Anachronox. I have been lied to; this game is shit. Definitely wasting my time. And I was actually just about to finish it, mere moments away from beating the overly long final boss sequence when the damn game went and crashed. I kinda feel like strangling babies.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I'm almost finished with Torchlight II single player (It's a fun clicky clicky time diversion), but stopped to give a Tale of Two Kingdoms a try (it's a free AGS game). Really enjoying it. It's well written. Logical puzzles. And an interesting enough story. And it's free.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA

stabby

Learned

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Im between OFP goty(dat Abandoned Armies mang, great mod) and 18 gigs of MAME roms. Will probably update the Arcade games Thread

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Haven't really been playing anything else since completing Richard and Alice two days ago. Damn game's put me in a depression since :(. Thinking of finally sitting down for a proper play of Donna: Avenger of Blood next week though. It's been sitting in my hard drive for a while.

anus_pounder

Arcane
Dynasty Warriors 7 : Empires. Fuck yes. Pity about the Jap only voices but w/e. Playing as a custom and joined the Yellow Turbans. :salute:
is it any good...?

I'm part of the subgroup in the Warriors community that slurps up any of the 'empires' games up with little to no criticism so I would say yes its good. :oops: If I have any criticisms its that you're pretty much the only competent member of your ruler's army. Maybe its just my shitty luck, but Cao Cao was taking territory after territory then I joined up and he failed to win any battle I didn't personally take part in. Theres also the usual 'it gets old quick' problem that pretty much any of the warriors games have, but thats a given at this point.

I do have a few other issues with the game, but they have little to do with it specifically and more to do with the series itself. Mostly the lack of certain people as proper characters and the inclusion of certain people as proper characters and a few cosmetic grievances here and there. To quote IGN :lol: (laugh it up), 7Empires preaches to the choir. If you didn't like any of the Warriors games this won't change your mind, increased focus on the strategic elements be damned, but if you like to slurp up any and all games in the series in general this is right up your alley.

EDIT: Also Goddamn. What is it with Japan and these squeaky child voices for female characters ?

EDIT 2 : Roman Warriors needs to be made btw, imo. Also empires expack for every musou game, don't care whether it makes in context or not. :x

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Too bad there is no full english translation patch of the game. Koei didn't give a damn about PC version. It was my biggest guilty pleasure series of all time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom