Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What game are you wasting time on?

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Skyrim: Dragonborn
Hitman Absolution
Neverwinter Nights 2 main campaign
FEAR 2

None of them are that great, really, though I do fully enjoy Skyrim for what it is.

Data4

Arcane
"You gonna get raped."

wi3onq.jpg

Chariots of War.

Goddamn piece of shit Matrix Games that's impossible at higher difficulties. Currently playing Egyptians and enslaving machete rapists for my future army of conquest that I shall unleash upon the unsuspecting people of Judea and Gaza.

67166-vollbild.jpg

See this motherfucker? He means business. In this game your useless peasant infantry only exists as meat shields for your chariots of brutal rape. They drive around and chuck spears like the dumb sapiens they are and drive down people like some crack addict on Las Vegas.

Chariots%20Of%20War%20Screenshot%202.jpg

See all these colors? You can pick one of them, ranging from egyptians and hittites, to sumerians, babylonians, jews, akkadians, mitani, persians and steppe niggers and god knows who else and go on a rampage of murder, plunder and extreme hoarding of jewgold.

Chariots-of-War-3-TRAINER_1.jpg

I won't even mention how retarded and badly implemented the battles are. But watching chariots run down those hapless peasants out in the open fills me with a sense of fulfillment, like watching a flower bloom or interracial at work.

s341_screen5.jpg

You think this is extreme?

Try boiling alive. Prime culinary achievement of the Nubian mind.

Chariots of War. It's so bad it's good.

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Right now I'm playing an old first person shooter with RPG elements called Might and Magic 6. :troll:

Seriously, it's a good game, but when I'm trying to shoot beholders from a distance I feel like I'm playing Doom, only without a handy ability to strafe and with unlimted ammo. Once I knock this one out I can say I played through my Might and Magic 6-pack collection I got off of GOG. It would only have taken me 8 months of continuous play.

Spent quite a few hours playing Dark Souls. A fun game once you get used to controls and learn the basics, and also a beautiful one. Not only in visuals, but just all-around elegant. But ffs it is nowhere near as transcendental (lol) as some people make it sound. Good one, but not the best thing ever.

Better then Divinity 2, eh.
:troll:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Was bouncing back and forth between Civ 5 and Warlock but I've pretty much mastered the AI: can win Civ 5 on Immortal and Warlock on Impossible consistently so there's not much challenge left. Still wanting to play some strategy games and wishing all that good kickstarter stuff would hurry up and get released. Guess I'll finish up Mark of the Ninja!

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Playing The Legend of Kyrandia for the first time. Fucking beautiful as expected from a Westwood game, and enjoying it through my glorious MT-32. The puzzle logic is......... a bit odd. But enjoyable so far.

screenshot690-1.gif

Looks bland, needs more bloom.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
You didn't mind the even more insane amount of shitty filler combat in NWN2? The Derp Caves and Ninja Horde Mansion in NWN2 Chapter 1 likely have more filler than all chapters of NWN1 together.
Bullshit. I suffered through 3 levels of goddamn ogre caves, followed by 3 Creator Ruins levels which literally use almost the exact same layout, enemies and "puzzle" each floor, 3 levels of the massive orc/goblin/bugbear caves, 3 levels of the Ruins of Illusk, etc. The entire game is one gigantic long copy-paste of the same levels, which have nothing but shitty random loot and tons of enemies per area, and let's not forget the 500 containers that are all locked and each take 5 seconds to open (longer if you can't pick the locks yourselves and your follower's pathfinding bugs out).

Nothing in NWN2 was this bad... and at least it had interesting puzzles, and combat that was kinda fun and challenging from time to time, instead of just fucking boring, easy and tedious.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Playing The Legend of Kyrandia for the first time. Fucking beautiful as expected from a Westwood game, and enjoying it through my glorious MT-32. The puzzle logic is......... a bit odd. But enjoyable so far.

Prepare your inventory for many fireberries and lose one point of sanity in labirynth, where hills caves have eyes :mad: . I love the series, but for me the second part is the best. Maybe it's because it was my first adventure game, but replaying the whole series told me otherwise. And Zanthia with voice sounds like a normal female character, like April from TLJ. The third one had some really ugly graphic parts (the jungle, snakes and a machete bleh, tedious).

circ

Arcane
Finally finished ME3 this morning. Now replaying with new gamu+ because I don't have shit to do. DXHR was as boring as I remembered. Maybe Alpha Shitcol?

BUT DAT ENDING! I of course said fuck you to the extended version though I've seen it on jewtubes. AND YEAH. I COULD SEE HOW BIOFANS WOULD SEE THAT AS A 40 POUND COCK SLAPPING YOUR FACE FOR AN HOUR. I maxed every fucking thing too so I got a 'choice', but I didn't see the SUPAR ending of shep breathing. I need multiplaya for that. Sweet. Yeah if those maps and weapons weren't such shit maybe MP might be appealing. As it is it's just interesting for actiony SP. Also difficulty. The last bit was laughably easy. Where's the improved AI? Classic buff HP/Protections for artificial difficulty. Also taking down a massive reaper with a handheld heavy weapon. LOLOLOLOL? No one thought of this earlier if it's that fucking easy? Just give everyone a mini nuke launcha, problem solved. Had more problems with Rannoch reaper dodging. Fucker.

And well I could go on for hours about the plot but some points. Just why do the reapers attack earth and every other planet instantly? What was the point of destroying alpha relay earlier? Or sabotaging citadel even much earlier? Oh shit, you delayed them 3 years. Why liberate earth first? You didn't do shit about Palaven, and Thessia. Speaking of Thessia, wow, one temple mission and that's it? Uhuh. And superior lifeform, the reapers, really? But didn't have a contingency plan for possible citadel sabotage, not to mention for some dick blowing up relay network? Been around for millions of cycles? You sure? But dat ending took the cake. Some good bits of writing if you compare it to Super Mario; in some bits - even good drama, see Mordin. But eh, why bother BioWare?

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROSA FINISHED FAG PROTOCOLPLAYING OUTLANDS ON THE FAGBOX AND STILKNOVCCCASIONALLY WAKING MARS ON MY TABLET

FAG PROTOCOL WAS LIKE A BETTER FAG EFFECT LIKE SOMEONE REALLY TRIED WITH THE CHOICES AND SHIT THE COMBAT BORED ME TOWARDS THE END BUT AT LEAST ON HARD YOU WERE PUNISHED FOR A SHIT CHARACTERR

EITHET FALLOUT NEW FAGGOT OR DVINITY 2 FAGGOT KNIGHT SAGA

NOT PLAYING PC MUCH CAUS I AM IN BETWEEN HOUSES AND THE PC IS AT THE PLACE I AM AT LESS BUT I HAVE BEEN STILLNGOING AT PAINKILLET

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Right now I'm trying to get into SoTS 1, playing Toy Soldiers that I got for $1, and figuring out a more engrossing game to play rather than time fillers. Maybe Amnesia or Two Worlds 2.

Keep going back to Warlock because the combat is fun and it's essentially turn based Majesty but even on Impossible is too easy. All you need to do is abstain from going to war until you clear out one of the alternate dimensions then you can steamroll the opposition since you have a dozen cities safe from any attacks all with the best resources in the game.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
Silent Storm.

While clearing out a mansion, having reloaded after accidentally wiping out my entire squad by dropping a tower on top of them, my engineer and grenadier found themselves in a tight spot on a ground floor corridor with three machine gunners facing them. So the grenadier killed one with a grenade, blowing up the ceiling. The ceiling doubled as the floor of the room above in which my sniper and scout were standing, so they both fell awkwardly into the room and proceeded to murder said machine gunners with throwing stars and headshots. We then failed the mission because the owner of the mansion escaped to his secret bunker and took off in a private rocket.

Such a good game :love:

circ

Arcane
Just played through ME 3 Omega DLC.

Strange how every single ME DLC has sucked total ass. Well I haven't tried the ME 1 ones, but everything else, total joke. DA had Warden's keep which wasn't so bad. Legacy for 2 started out good, turned ass towards the end, but still leagues above anything for ME

This is like an hour or two in the most unimaginative areas ever designed shooting the same old shit up. Adjutants are introduced as some new scary mob, except they go down with a few biotic detonations. Scary. The new gear feels like a joke. Doesn't help that it was just two shitty weapons that had already been released in other packs, or if you like with an .ini hack. And then you get a fucking chessboard in your cabin for completion. Not an Afterlife stripper or something, because that would have been goddamn awesome. No sirree, none of that shit. Not even new outfits. New assets blow too, not to mention new weapon mods - although weapon omni looks decent, too bad I don't melee much at all.

But it doesn't end there. VO is shit, throughout. Characterization is nonexistant. Music nothing special either. I also never would have guessed I was on Omega unless told so. Oh also, nice work on the gamebreaking bug. Pretty early too. Good thing you can bypass it by going around but hey.

ohWOW

Sucking on dicks and being proud of it
Dumbfuck Queued
ME1 one sucks ass too. It's a short terrorist political commentary pile of pseudo-intelectual shit.

Statik

Educated
Crusader Kings 2 with all updates up to Sunset Invasion.

Playing with Salamon I of Hungary at the Stamford Bridge start involves dodging several bullets in Matrix-style slow motion after the introduction of factions, since having an underage ruler means every dynasty member with a claim on the throne will attempt to steal your crown. It took starting a civil war with one of my cousins while throwing half my wealth at another to keep him from joining the war against me, but I managed to survive.

In the other news, my heir will inherit both Hungary and Croatia.

I love this game.

:love:

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Started playing Arcanum recently again, because of MCA - Probably would not have figured out that I was looting only from inventories anytime soon, if it wasn't for that thread.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
I know the old mantra is "someone reinstalls Deus Ex every time it's mentioned", but damn it, I've already played Deus Ex like 20 times and I think I'm finally past that. So now I guess that's gonna start happening with Arcanum for me instead. Fuck.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
A preview version of Expeditions: Conquistador. Expected something a bit more, well, strategic. As it is it's more of an exploration rpg, which it incidently rocks at being. Wonderfull sense of discovery and things can go south really quick at times. Fun.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom