Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What game are you wasting time on?

pipka

Savant
Silent Storm series. Annual itch for something tactical and squad-based.

Mother 3. I'm surprised how good it is.

Wait, weren't you the guy arguing fervently against jrpg discussion in general rpg discussion?

Now you're playing jrpgs?
Not exactly. I was against discussing jrpgs in cRPG GD. Then it was transmuted to G RPG D.
I have nothing against jrpgs. There are some good ones. And Mother 3 is one of them as I see it.

Oesophagus

Arcane
So, continuing my recent run of playing fresh new games, aimed at the evolved modern gamer:

047_shodan.jpg

System Shock 2 :salute:

l-l-look at you, gamer.

A pathetic creature of decline and popamole, panting and sweating as you become emotionally engaged with my virtual girlfriends.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Well shit. I was trying to play King's Bounty/Crossworlds, but the entire game re-downloaded itself for some language patch. And now saves are all wonked out. Great job!

Gregz

Arcane
Well shit. I was trying to play King's Bounty/Crossworlds, but the entire game re-downloaded itself for some language patch. And now saves are all wonked out. Great job!

I started over after a few days in, it's not a big deal...the game is huge...takes weeks to complete...and is totally fun.

Luckily I have a standalone version so I don't have to worry about update crap like that, it's unbelievable what software companies get away with these days!

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Currently playing Spellforce, Wizardry 8 (yes... still not finished), Might and Magic VII (yes... same story) and League of Legends.

Morkar Left

Currently playing AoW2 and hopefully finish RoA1 this or the next month. Inbetween reading the manual of HoI2:DH to understand how to play the Fallout Doomsday mod for it. But currently I'm even tempted to give the original WW2 settin a try.

GreyViper

Prophet
Currently Call of Warhammer 1.44, because 1.5 feels unfinished. Kingdoms of Amalur Dead Kel, its better then main game in some ways. And replaying Drakensang TROT with some german story mods like Kaltensteins Schatten & Forscher in Nöten .

spekkio

Arcane
Dark Heart of Uukrul, Ogre Battle 64 (fuck! I have to finish this one already), final stages of Super Castlevania 4.

:smug:

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Deus EX: Human Revolution... Save for god-attrocious boss battles, it's surprisingly good.

Deus EX: Human Revolution... Save for god-attrocious boss battles, it's surprisingly good.
I don't know
What i don't like is tiring prolonged dialogues and TPP fisnishers are just wrong it kills stealth tacitcs and sometimes towed body stuck in floor <rage>
Also inventory is clunky for me,but this just me and my lack of "do quick" skills,so nevermind.
"it's good for what it is"

*S P O I L E R*

Did u menage to save Malik?

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
KotC, trying to get past the final battle at the keep with my 2knights1cleric1wizard party.

:hmmm:
Haha good luck with that shit. If you're trying to save the NPCs as well don't even bother. It would have been lucky if I'd done that with my 3 wiz 1 cleric team, which is about as OP as you can get.

Gregz

Arcane
I don't know
What i don't like is tiring prolonged dialogues and TPP fisnishers are just wrong it kills stealth tacitcs and sometimes towed body stuck in floor <rage>
Also inventory is clunky for me,but this just me and my lack of "do quick" skills,so nevermind.
"it's good for what it is"

*S P O I L E R*

Did u menage to save Malik?

It's not just you, DE:HR is major decline from DE imo, for reasons you listed and many others (my biggest pet peeve was the xp bonus for stealth kills, herding the player along on an endless cyberpunk Thief mission so it takes longer to finish the game). Many Codexer's disagree, I can't see how, but they do.

Oh, and I'm playing Mount and Blade: Prophesy of Pendor mod.

sser

Arcane
Developer
HR has the makings of a good game. There are some things to like in there somewhere, but there are also too many gameplay design decisions that just irk me. And the gameplay itself has that floaty, console-port nature. I only got four hours in and the last two or so I was forcing myself to play the game. I took pure-stealth route, btw, and even finished a sub-mission with dialogue which was interesting. I like that the game does present many options, but I just could not get into it at all.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS I AM CONFLICTED RIGHT NOW I AM PLAYING THE AOD DEMO COMPULSIVELY

I THINK I WILL START FAG REVOLUTION OR FAGGOT NEW VEGAS ON THE FAGBOX

THEN ON THE PC I THINK I MIGHT TRY SPACE PIAATE AND ZOMBIES

Haha good luck with that shit. If you're trying to save the NPCs as well don't even bother. It would have been lucky if I'd done that with my 3 wiz 1 cleric team, which is about as OP as you can get.
After what seems like a thousand reloads I've managed to get there. Interesting to note that NPC wizard died only in the very end, blocking the passage for the last two enemies with his own dead body, giving my party just enough time to heal themselves. A true hero :salute:
Now to try that OP party setup you were talking about...

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Technically I think 2 wiz 2 cleric would be even better. Mass harm is nice against demons and shit, and obviously more heals/ressurect/buffs when they're needed. Most of my difficult moments were caused by not being able to both heal and get death ward/protection from evil/resist whatever up at the same time.

But any way you slice it, more casters is OP. AC is totally unnecessary when you can throw up walls of stone, webs, and murder pretty much anything within 100 feet in a single round.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS KOTC WAS ONE OF MY FAVORITE RPG EXPERIENCES IN THE LAST FEW YEARS I THOUGHT THE GAME WAS JUST AWESOME FOR WHAT IT SET OUT TO DO

circ

Arcane
You mean the final battle with a bunch of dragons, which was piss easy, or the optional final battle, which I think I never got around to?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom