Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What game are you wasting time on?

sser

Arcane
Developer
Interesting... first time I've ever heard of that game.

Oesophagus

Arcane
Gregz said:
Doing my annual ToEE Co8 run

I've never finished that. By the time I get to the lower levels of the temple the game gets so unstable that every larger fight ends with a CTD.

They are releasing patches pretty regularly. Give the newest one a go, it might fix your CTD troubles.

Heh, it fucking worked. Finally managed to finish the damn game for a change

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Playing a buttload of Rayman: Origins. Platforming and gaming nostalgia at its finest. I love cutesy cartoony games that rape your face by being goddamn fucking difficult at times.

Repressed Homosexual
BROS, completed Rebelstar- Tactical Command.
Final battle was MUCH better than in UFO1 or TFTD - intense and >9000 enemies but fair and bullshit-free.
Recommended if you into X-com likes (no geosphere though) or tactical-level games in general.

I7YH9.jpg

GzrM5.jpg

:bro:

Now I'm planning to finally complete Ogre Battle 64...

The game is too slow, frustrated me too much to play it.

spekkio

Arcane
hhr said:
game too slow

Plz elaborate, what is too slow exactly?

a) gameplay? Play Starcraft.
b) game itself? Use FF buttan when movement takes too long.

:roll:

hoopy

Savant
I haven't been playing much more than Minecraft (with IC, BC, RP and EE). I did just download LA Noire, but it runs at 5-10 FPS and is thus unplayable. Dodged yet another bullet by not paying money for a game.

Nocturne's done.

The big man went down easily enough, but I had to fuse up one hell of an A-Team to do so. Outfitted my main character with Freikugel (insane skill; so much better than Spiral Viper as far as single target damage goes. Plus the animation is way cooler too.), Tarukaja, Rakukaja, Repel Ice, Repel Fire, and Endure for the last fight, and it worked pretty well. Dante, Lilith, and Micheal just wouldn't cut it as allies, so I had to upgrade. A souped up Daisoujou replaced Lilith as the group healer, made HAWKESOME by the sacrifice of the Pixie you get in the Labyrinth. Metatron became the new buff/debuff demon, having Debilitate, Tarukaja, Makakaja, and Rakukaja. And Dante was replaced by a nifty Beelzebub I fused up, which had Pierce and Focus, allowing him to dish out insane amounts of damage.

Endure on both the main character and Daisoujou was pretty clutch. Would've lost the fight in two instances were it not for that skill saving either the healer or the main character. Also helped that every demon had Debilitate, and everyone, save Daisoujou, (main character included) had Tarukaja/Rakukaja, so that if the big man used some sort of dispel skill, the buffs/debuffs could easily be put back up in short order.

Excellent game, mostly owing to the superb way in which you can develop your party, the fun dungeon crawling with random encounters that actually pose a serious threat, and the cool boss fights. Great fun except for the slightly annoying task of trying to make sure certain skills weren't inherited (no, I don't want my new superbeast to have a move as bad as Bufu) and that goddamn Preta. Fuck that guy, he killed me more than any boss.

Excellent game, mostly owing to the superb way in which you can develop your party, the fun dungeon crawling with random encounters that actually pose a serious threat, and the cool boss fights.

Currently on Amala Network, Pixie wanted to change one of her skills when she transformed into High Pixie so I let her. The heal spell is now Barter. I fused the other guy with heal before coming here.

So now I'm on a dungeon where the entrance is locked as soon as you enter it, no healer allies, no shops, and it's full of troll traps that teleport you back to a room's entrance. It's also on hard mode so it's practically impossible to run away from battles without that "run away" skill, not to mention enemies' added chance of going first. They also like to cast Zio and three of my guys are weak to it (main character would be too if I was using the Ice magatama, which I wanted to). For added kicks, Pixie's new fancy Barter is useless since monsters here are Elementals so they refuse to join ("We only find meaning in existence when flowing freely in nature"). The game is now a playable episode of Benny Hill where I try to scout the fake corridors and then try to rush back to the healer room before everyone is dead (I once died four steps away from the door)

It's impossible to get stuck since enemies give decent XP and there's a ghost providing free healing, but now I either have to get lucky with the random encounter rate or grind my way out. Truly, my foresight is fantastic
:balance:

spekkio

Arcane
^
Equip the ring.

Or use earlier save.

SMT3 is awesome. So awesome that all SMT games suck in comparison.

:smug:

>Amala Network
>earlier save

nigga, I'm a couple of hours in. This is on an actual PS2 so no savestating either. MC can't use my beloved Lunge too much since it spends HP and I only have a few medicines. The spectre boss dude(s) wipes me in two turns but I think he's optional for now.

I didn't realize I relied so much on that ridiculous healing spell. As soon as I'm outta here, it's Dia for everyone and their mother

also it's funny how you have to romance Pixie for her to stay in your party when she attempts to leave at the park

pipka

Savant
Silent Storm series. Annual itch for something tactical and squad-based.

Mother 3. I'm surprised how good it is.

desocupado

Magister
Silent Storm series. Annual itch for something tactical and squad-based.

Mother 3. I'm surprised how good it is.

Wait, weren't you the guy arguing fervently against jrpg discussion in general rpg discussion?

Now you're playing jrpgs?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom