Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. You can now buy a 16 GB Codex Troll USB 3.0 for $30 USD (includes postage), simply [donate to the campaign] here!
  2. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What game are you wasting time on?

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Trash, Oct 8, 2010.

1. Ulminati The Dong Whisperer Patron

Ulminati
    Click here and disable ads!
    I did Ventrue, followed by Malkavian.

I'm not sure whether my enjoyment of the game would have been greater as Malkavian first, or I would've given up in fustration halfway through. But Malkavian VtMB needs to be experienced Emotionally Engaged™.
    ^ Top  
  2. Satori Prophet

Satori
    The bizarreness is what gets you involved, you really feel like you are a mad person in a world that doesn't make sense when you go into it this way. Doing Malk on a secondary run means that sure, you get the hints as to what the Malkavian dialogue insight portends, but the poetry of the insanity and sheer uncomfortableness outweighs the simple recognition that the character has referenced a point in the game without the character's first hand knowledge.
    ^ Top  
  3. Chateaubryan Scholar

Chateaubryan
    I chose Toreador : I red a lot of that "don't choose Malkavian for your first playthrough." Until now, what I'm the most impressed with is the feeling that whatever you're doing - quest or sidequest alike - you end up being someone's pawn. I absolutely didn't see that goddamn Voerman twist coming, even if it was heavily hinted through the whole questline. Makes me wonder what else am I'm missing/oblivious to.
    ^ Top  
  4. Satori Prophet

Satori
    As linear as Bloodlines is, it really is rewarding for repeated playthroughs seeing all the things you missed, similar to Deus Ex.
    ^ Top  
  5. DwarvenFood Arcane Patron

DwarvenFood
    Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
    Finally bought Divine Divinity, very excited to start playing tonight.
    ^ Top  
  6. Tel Velothi Savant

Tel Velothi
    Very good game, you're right to be excited.

I currently play most awesome game - Learning. I have exam this friday and if I pass it, I would play the shit out of E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy until I get sick. This keeps me motivated.

EDIT:
    Ok, I "kinda" passed it - I must just learn some very little piece for next week and then it'll be passed.
    Still, guess it's time for E.Y.E. tonight - BRING IT ON!
    ^ Top  
  7. Humppaleka Learned

Humppaleka
    Divine Divinity is very fun but I got really tired after playing it for circa 10 hours, I have to keep a break from it. Killing the same enemies for hours, even if the combat is so damn fun, gets old. Or it's the style I'm playing it, playing mage and the only good spell worth using all the time seems to be Magic Missile with which you can kill anything if you have a big enough manapool... I don't even bother using anything else than that, shield and heal.
    ^ Top  
  8. circ Arcane

circ
    Finished BoF 2. Had forgotten a lot of it, but not as much as I forgot of BoF 1 which I finished a week earlier. Playing BoF 1 again was almost like playing it for the first time, which was fun-ish. Man BoF's are big, despite not having that many cities or areas to visit. Mostly it's due to the insane encounter rate though. There's a fight every 2 steps more or less. Music's horrible until the final quarter of the game or so, but whatever.

Now I'm ready for some wrpg action because I'd like a little more control over my group maybe, but don't feel like firing up ToEE for the millionth time, but also don't feel like something archaic like MM 1. I'm open to suggestions that don't feature the words BioWare or necessarily Origin.
    ^ Top  
  9. Multi-headed Cow Arcane

Multi-headed Cow
    Wasting a bunch of time with TOR since I picked that up for cheap and have bros to play it with. Also been plugging along on Avadon, which despite any visible C&C so far has been entertaining. The setting and combat have been fun, and I'm looking forward to seeing how things shake out.

[​IMG]
    ^ Top  
  10. Quetzacoatl Liturgist

Quetzacoatl
    Currently playing through the NWN2 OC so I can have a character to import in MOTB.
    ^ Top  
  11. Angelo85 Arbiter

Angelo85
    Multi-headed Cow: I sincerely hope you have played at least one title of the previous series from the Developer (Avernum/Geneforge). Just so you can experience the decline in this new title/Series compared to previous works by Jeff Vogel first hand.
    ^ Top  
  12. Multi-headed Cow Arcane

Multi-headed Cow
    I haven't. I figured I'd try out the most declined popamole Vogel first before giving the Geneforge series a whirl. Since I'm enjoying Avadon I hope that bodes well for Geneforge.
    ^ Top  
  13. Humppaleka Learned

Humppaleka
    Avadon is one of those games I can't get myself to finish. I've played it for 25 hours and hit the brick wall, just can't play it anymore. Had A LOT of fun the first 20 hours though, I should play the earlier Spiderweb games soon to compare. If I get the money for them that is...
    ^ Top  
  14. Multi-headed Cow Arcane

Multi-headed Cow
    If you're not opposed to Steam, the Geneforge series is quite a bit cheaper on there. $20 for all 5 games. And it has been on sale before, so if you wanna wait it'll surely go on sale again.
    http://store.steampowered.com/sub/12171/
    ^ Top  
  15. Damned Registrations Prestigious Gentleman Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist

Damned Registrations
    Been sucked into a couple games completely recently; Distorted Travesty, a sort of platformer/metroidvania game with a lot of polish considering they ripped most of the graphics out of other games. And Kamidori, which is sort of a fire emblem/atelier foo/recettear mashup. Both games are right up my alley. I've been playing Kamidori all day today, haven't eaten yet, and only stopped for that reason really. Must find moar loot. Must have more stats. And skills. and characters. Must have MOAR NUMBERS.
    ^ Top  
  16. spekkio Arcane

spekkio
    BROS, I decided to give Rebelstar: Tactical Command (GBA) a try, and...

ZOMG this game is awesome!

:bounce:

Made by Jullian and Nick Gollop, of Rebelstar, Laser Squad and X-Com fame. You should know what to expect...

ISO TB combat on tactical level (similar to X-com's tactical layer) with moving, shooting, using overwatch, throwing grenades and flares, using first-aid kits (they can 'heal' HP, stun and low morale - I've seen this before...)

[​IMG]

Plus "AP left" is shown when using 'Move' command. Suck it down, X-Com

[​IMG]

Units can use different equipment (melee, rifles, guns, heavy weapons, etc):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Their Attributes go up with EXP

[​IMG]

Which allows them to increase their Skills (affect weapons' damage, accuracy and AP cost)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Initially I was raging hard, since I couldn't change my equipment. But eventually...

[​IMG]

:love:

It's so awesome that I decided to re-start since I screwed-up with team's Skills distribution...

:rage:

Gameplay:

(art style is kinda next-gen, but not on Bioware level)
    ^ Top  
  17. circ Arcane

circ
    I'll stick to JA2. That shit needs to zoom the fuck out.
    ^ Top  
  18. Awor Szurkrarz Arcane

Awor Szurkrarz
    Codex 2012
    It's a Gameboy Advance game.
    ^ Top  
  19. Clockwork Knight Arcane

Clockwork Knight
    "blah blah mechanics blah isometric blah turn based blah gameplay blah stats blah"

"uuuuuuuh...the...zoom is not good enough. Yes, the zoom is inadequate. Pass"

Never change, Codex :lol:
    Volrath Brofists this.
    ^ Top  
  20. PorkaMorka Arcane

PorkaMorka
    I was playing Fantasy General on Ironman, +1, +1 difficulty, however I was defeated.

The map had a big patch of jungle surrounded by mountains on three sides and the enemy just hid in there so I ran out of time.
    ^ Top  
  21. Quilty Liturgist

Quilty
    A Sunday spent practicing targeting in A-10C is a Sunday well spent.
    ^ Top  
  22. hoopy Savant

hoopy
    I bought BioShock 2 when it was €5. It has online activation despite being on Steam, and I can't save the game without using GFWL (what the fuck is this). The combat is rather terrible.

Guess I'll waste time on something else instead.
    ^ Top  
  23. toro Erudite

toro
    Create an OFFLINE GFWL account and you will be able to save.
    ^ Top  
  24. toro Erudite

toro
    As for playing, I just finished Rage. And I'm looking for the proper thread to dump my shit.
    ^ Top  
  25. Awor Szurkrarz Arcane

Awor Szurkrarz
    Codex 2012
    Started playing Fallout today.
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above links helps us pay the hosting bills)