Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What game are you wasting time on?

Tel Velothi

Cipher
Right now playing Project I.G.I.: I'm Going In, I'm having so much fun with this one, I'm in the middle of the game, so far it was not too hard, we'll see later, I'm hoping for some more challange.
Some time ago I played I.G.I. 2 but I didn't finished it (I liked it, though), maybe now I will. I remember it had "stealth indicator" (something like visibility gem in Thief) and stats after mission and it gave you ranks depending on how well (stealthy) you've done particular mission (there was also time limit for highest rank). I.G.I. 1 don't have those two things. Too bad, because stealth indicator would show you how well you are hidden, and "stats" thing would encourage player to do better, therefore replayability would be improved and more fun overall. Still, as I said, I'm having great fun with it.

More Nocturne.

Diet Building bit the dust. Fun stuff, especially all the optical illusions and boss fights. Went through the final kalpa too. Metatron was a fun fight. Lost the first time when I went mostly debuffs and no ability to dispel his buffs (4X magic buffed Megidoloan or Fire of Sinai is painful), but fusing up the Whore of Babylon (The Harlot) with dekaja and rakukaja helped a lot. Uriel healed the party, and Dante was awesome, as he should be.

Started on the final dungeon. Got myself a very nice Lilith to be my healer/support demon, and beat up the first god in the Tower of Kagatsuchi with Lilith, Dante, and The Harlot. Two gods and a big ball of light to go, I guess. Wonder if any of those bosses will stand a chance...

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge.

After that I'm going to finally play the last Back to the future episodes. And after that... Mass Effect 3. Godfuck.

GreyViper

Prophet
Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge.

After that I'm going to finally play the last Back to the future episodes. And after that... Mass Effect 3. Godfuck.
Your horseiness if and when you do go through the Effect, may I suggest a patch that makes one part of Mars quest a bit faster if you play on insane combat without trainer. Later you can by more equipment, but until you reach citadel, you arsenal can be a bit lacking for one encounter.

circ

Arcane
Betrayal at Krondor for two days. A little bit of Darklands thrown in. I left off Krondor at chapter 1 15ish years ago. I don't know how I managed to play it that far, well, I could get to chapter 3 now but still. Horrible, horrible repetitive mobs that always spawn in the same location. Spergy controls and view. Three or four choices of armor, about the same for weapons. Yawn. I like the skills system of improving through usage instead of level up crap, but no, fuck this.

Ah Darklands, a so called amazing CRPG. Except the combat is such a piece of shit I quickly remembered why I barely ever make it past the excellent character generator.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Horrible, horrible repetitive mobs that always spawn in the same location.
wat

There is exactly ONE respawning combat in BAK and there are a couple of ways to avoid the fight entirely (including getting rid of it permanently). Otherwise, while each chapter will create new fights (and remove some of the old ones if you haven't done them), it is entirely possible to completely clear each chapter of enemies.

Scratch that, TWO respawning combats. Second one can't be cleared, but if you're in chapter 3 then you haven't seen it yet, and besides if you ever see that fight then you've done something horribly wrong.

circ

Arcane
Horrible, horrible repetitive mobs that always spawn in the same location.
wat

There is exactly ONE respawning combat in BAK and there are a couple of ways to avoid the fight entirely (including getting rid of it permanently). Otherwise, while each chapter will create new fights (and remove some of the old ones if you haven't done them), it is entirely possible to completely clear each chapter of enemies.

Scratch that, TWO respawning combats. Second one can't be cleared, but if you're in chapter 3 then you haven't seen it yet, and besides if you ever see that fight then you've done something horribly wrong.
Spawning. Not REspawning. As in you encounter an enemy, don't save, reload, and walk up to the exact same location and it's the same mob(s) in the same place. Probably a balance issue as skills go up with use, but it's pretty stupid either way. The combat itself is good, despite oversized digitized characters and an overly small combat arena.

Oh, question. Can I still do Nia's quest in chapter 3, even though I didn't start James doppelganger portion in 2?

deuxhero

Arcane
Replaying Summon Night: Swordcraft Story. Currently at day 8. Aiming for Razzy because I've seen Sugar and Sanary's endings.

desocupado

Magister
Replaying Summon Night: Swordcraft Story. Currently at day 8. Aiming for Razzy because I've seen Sugar and Sanary's endings.

You know, I decided to check those series because of a post of yours. So I got a GBA emulator and exactly that game you just referred.

I want the 45 minutes of my life I spent with that retarded shit back. The same idiotic bullshit we get in all jrpgs, wake up, talk to mom, talk to your trainer, talk to THE FUCKING WHOLE TOWN BEFORE SEEING A GODDAMN BATTLE GODDAMN I HATE THAT FUCKING BULLSHIT FUCK!

And I went throught because I told myself "He probably played it for the battle system, it's probably great or something" but the fucking game kept telling me to talk to some fucking npc I wasn't paying attention, I couldn't pay attention without fucking brain damage.

In the end the battle system was kinda ok in a "Might get interesting 20 hours into the game" fashion, but the starting enemies were retardedly easy and I got bored and said "Fuck this shit" and deleted that thing.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Civilization 5 again, seeing what the patches have done.

And everytime I see Nocturne mentioned I think of that old 3rd-person shooter with the noir-style vampire story.

desocupado

Magister
It took you almost an hour to talk to the 10 or so NPCs in the town and fight a few starting enemies?

:what:

Huge amounts of bullshit they spewed and lots of "Who should I talk now? Fuck I shouldn't have skipped that crap"

Might also be inflated because of the sense of PURE TORTURE I was having while "playing" that bullshit spewing simulator, it might have been 20 minutes maybe. Dunno. It was hazy. All I remember was starting that game, and choosing a name and OH GOD IT TOUCHED ME! IT TOUCHED ME IN BAD PLACES! PLEASE MAKE IT GO AWAY!

... I have to take a shower now, excuse me.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS I HAVE BEEN PLAYING LOTS OF BINDING OF ISAAC MY 2 YEAR OLD CALLS IT THE BABY GAME AND SHE LOVES TO WATCH ME PLAY IT I BEAT SATAN WITH CAIN AND ISAAC AND HAVE GPTTEN CLOSE WITH JUDAS

I FINISHED BULLETSTROM ON THE FAGBOX NOT GONNA START ANY OTHER FAGBOC GAMES CAUSE I AM GOING ON VACATION SOON I THINK I MIGHT START SPACE PIRATES AND ZOMBIES SOON

Oesophagus

Arcane
sser said:
Civilization 5 again, seeing what the patches have done.

Didn't hear bout this, but wasn't really impressed by Civ V. What did the patches do? Did they fix the memory devouring problems?

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Isaac is some awesome shit. I wish it had a harder mode/more levels or something. Once you learn enough tricks it gets pretty easy to ensure a win. Certainly got my money's worth out of it though.

Was playing Kamidori like crazy, kinda losing interest on my second playthrough however. The battles aren't interesting because I carried over the levels, but if I hadn't done that, then I'd be missing out on a bunch of new game + only shit. Then I got new characters that started at level 1 I need to bring up to everyone else's level, and the game isn't being nice about that. Might set it aside for a while.

Got other stuff I'm into right now as well though. Distorted Travesty is starting to get actually difficult. I also started Alter Aila Genesis, which might be promising but hasn't really grabbed me yet.

Krraloth

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2
More Nocturne.

Diet Building bit the dust. Fun stuff, especially all the optical illusions and boss fights. Went through the final kalpa too. Metatron was a fun fight. Lost the first time when I went mostly debuffs and no ability to dispel his buffs (4X magic buffed Megidoloan or Fire of Sinai is painful), but fusing up the Whore of Babylon (The Harlot) with dekaja and rakukaja helped a lot. Uriel healed the party, and Dante was awesome, as he should be.

Started on the final dungeon. Got myself a very nice Lilith to be my healer/support demon, and beat up the first god in the Tower of Kagatsuchi with Lilith, Dante, and The Harlot. Two gods and a big ball of light to go, I guess. Wonder if any of those bosses will stand a chance...

Maybe you already wrote it , but I can't find it what kind of build did you go for?

thesoup

Arcane
Devil Survivor 2

This is such an unbelievable rehash. I'm 2 hours in and I swear they recycled a level. The story is the exact same as before and dialogues are horrible as expected from a japanese game. Combat is still cool. Have yet to unlock the demon fusion thing.

Oesophagus

Arcane
Pissing around in the old Unreal Tournament. You know, when shooters required skill and were fun

also, you nostalgia, you lose

Tel Velothi

Cipher
also, you nostalgia, you lose

I won't, because I still play it from time to time. :smug: And I think I'm not alone here.

Here's the one from UT2004:
FaceClassic-Screenshot.jpg

I think they've done pretty good job remaking it. Too bad UT2004 is a little bit too slow if you know what I mean.

sser

Arcane
Developer
I used to go into a Wizards of Coast store and play that map with my friend. I still remember blindly firing into the shadowed towers and headshotting him and thinking I was the greatest for my feat.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom