Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What game are you wasting time on?

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2. Man, this game...

Combat is poor. Annoying movement, controls not suited for kb&m. Enemies that made me scream at the screen. Platforming is a pain. Backtracking galore. The boss rush at the end made me want to cry. The last three fights are just tedium. Some of the save points and check points are a bit oddly placed. It hasn't aged well. If they improved this and let the good stuff be in a remake, that would be awesome.

The story was interesting. The voice acting is top notch. I like the characters that are there, not that there are many. Raziel develops from an angry little whiner to a snarky man who doesn't let himself get used all the time, and instead questions other people and their motives. The mood and atmosphere are great. I really like how they slowly reveal more and more stuff as you go. Unfortunately, it seems that some of these reveals are only explained further in Blood Omen 2 or Defiance. If there ever is a remake, keep these good things in and just improve actual gameplay.

I am happy that I played it but the gameplay has not aged well. I went from kb&m to controller midway through the game and it made the game more tolerable to play. I just stunlocked enemies with the claws as often as I could. Story and voice acting is above most other games, imo.

I don't know if I have it in me to play Blood Omen 2. I heard it's the worst game in the series. I'll see about Defiance. I might play it some day. Blood Omen is still my favorite, followed by Soul Reaver.

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist
Fallout 4, as well as Fallout: New Vegas. I've also been playing Mount and Blade Silverstag and Stardew Valley.

Mark.L.Joy

Prophet
Replaying kotor 2 while I wait for divinity, I never know if something is broken from a mod or if it's just how it's supposed to work out.

Freddie

Savant
XCOM 2: War of the Chosen.

So far so good, adds some nice things. I will post more impressions later. Just IMO FYI: I can't but think that this is sort of how Alien Rulers DLC was supposed to be. Performance is better than vanilla / Digital Deluxe, but core improvements aren't going to be made available to base game via patch, because it's too much work or something.

So maybe this isn't worth € / $ 40 what is at least how it's priced in Steam. If you want to get this before it goes to sale, look for a deal from third party key retailer like Green Man Gaming, Bundle Stars, or such.

the_shadow

Arcane
Shadowrun Returns.

I didn't know what to expect, but after playing I'll echo most of the sentiments others have: Too short, too linear, interesting plot up until it introduces spirit bugs, including elves and trolls along with magic is immersion breaking, and dialogue options might as well not exist. OK for a single playthrough. Should be interesting to see how the later games improve.

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Mainly Mount & Blade Warband. I have never played NWN 2, so I was kind of tempted to start that, but it seems pointless to start a long RPG, with only a week between now and Divinity Original Sin 2. So I'm kind of twiddling my thumbs and catching up on some comics too.

janior

Arcane
Vatnik
Playing mostly Europa Barbarorum 1 and 2 for past month, they legit make rome/medieval great, having a blast with those mods tbh. How foolish i was to avoid any modifications for tw games years ago lol.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Still playing HoMM 3.
I remember there was one really good stand alone map called Myths&Legends, but for some reason the only map worth playing single player is not included in the Complete Edition.
Some helpful guy at Celestial Heavens provided me with a download link for a version of the map that is compatible with the CE. This map is a joy after the bland and far too easy Campaign maps, with more details, much more strategic map, and some very powerful AI opponents have developed. Usually I'm in the lead on Artifacts early in the game, but not on this map.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Still playing HoMM 3.
I remember there was one really good stand alone map called Myths&Legends, but for some reason the only map worth playing single player is not included in the Complete Edition.
Some helpful guy at Celestial Heavens provided me with a download link for a version of the map that is compatible with the CE. This map is a joy after the bland and far too easy Campaign maps, with more details, much more strategic map, and some very powerful AI opponents have developed. Usually I'm in the lead on Artifacts early in the game, but not on this map.
I have the individual CDs for the 3 HOMM3 games, so if you know of any map that isn't in the Complete Edition and that you want to play give me a shout and I'll send it to you.

I don't remember most of the standalone maps, but I do remember the RoE campaigns being far too easy. I did like some of them (Long Live The King had great atmosphere IMO) but I think both AB and SOD campaigns are much better. I look forward to seeing if your opinion matches mine. IIRC you played through the Chronicles some time back and you and I had pretty similar opinions on most of them.

undyingymjwm.jpg

I played Clive Barker's Undying on release, but haven't played it since - I wonder if it holds up today. The writing is pretty decent, I don't remember anything about this game at all...

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I don't remember most of the standalone maps, but I do remember the RoE campaigns being far too easy. I did like some of them (Long Live The King had great atmosphere IMO) but I think both AB and SOD campaigns are much better. I look forward to seeing if your opinion matches mine. IIRC you played through the Chronicles some time back and you and I had pretty similar opinions on most of them.

I dislike the SoD campaigns because nearly every map in that one has the retarded shtick of: "Enemy has a two-way teleport behind a border gate leading right next to your HQ, and his HQ is also hidden behind a border gate. Umad, playa? :^)"

Hyperpube

Scholar
undyingymjwm.jpg

I played Clive Barker's Undying on release, but haven't played it since - I wonder if it holds up today. The writing is pretty decent, I don't remember anything about this game at all...
I played it about 8 years ago, only played a little bit of it , I liked it enough but kinda just set it aside and never got around to playing it again. Anyways, I don't remember much about the game either except this part: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ql3mBU88UWk

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom