Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What game are you wasting time on?

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
dnd. Literally wasting my time, as I should be studying for an upcoming exam.

newtmonkey

Arcane
Quest for Glory
Actually I didn't have to waste much time at all. After looking at my map I decided to see if there was anything else I could do to kill time, and I found a couple quests I could make some progress on. I also found that climbing the mountain to see Erasmus would tire me completely out and allow for a good 30-60 minutes of resting each time. By the time I was done will all this it was already night, so I could do the Baba Yaga thing (and get another item only around at night at the same time). Felt like I accomplished a lot. Man, what an awesome game.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Quest for Glory
Actually I didn't have to waste much time at all. After looking at my map I decided to see if there was anything else I could do to kill time, and I found a couple quests I could make some progress on. I also found that climbing the mountain to see Erasmus would tire me completely out and allow for a good 30-60 minutes of resting each time. By the time I was done will all this it was already night, so I could do the Baba Yaga thing (and get another item only around at night at the same time). Felt like I accomplished a lot. Man, what an awesome game.

I climbed Magic Mountain multiple times just to hear the different responses that the Gargoyle gave (VGA version).

Gargoyle: "What do you seek?"
Hero: "I want to be a pirate!"
Gargoyle: "Boy, have YOU got the wrong game, then!"

Dishonored 2

The first one was a decent game, but seemed geared more towards lethal playstyle than full stealth. The sequel so far (4th mission) seems the same. Beautiful art style, great ambiance and environments. It actually pays to listen to what NPCs are talking about, and sometimes to read the documents lying around. But I would definitely prefer more skills available for a stealth playthrough. As it stands now, only the teleport and the xray vision are useful, and they have already been in the first game. Some of the other skills are fun, but only if you start killing guards left and right.

newtmonkey

Arcane
I climbed Magic Mountain multiple times just to hear the different responses that the Gargoyle gave (VGA version).

Gargoyle: "What do you seek?"
Hero: "I want to be a pirate!"
Gargoyle: "Boy, have YOU got the wrong game, then!"

I'm gonna have to make the trek to hear more. I actually had to go up three times due to typos ;)

Baron Dupek

Arcane
My first session with Dagon Dogma was intense.
I got to prove myself to be worth for use the pawns service by hunting some srs threat.
Went outside the camp, started fighting with cyclop. You can climb on bigger monsters, so I did when #pawn1 shout "Now is out chance sire! Hit the leg!". K'
Went down, smacked his leg, he fell down, though it's good idea to whack his head while he lay. Run around cyclops, stuck on the tree, then sprint to opposite direction only to learn that character need a moment to halt, fall from the cliff with remaining 5HP, started swimming only to discover that at night sea water get poisoned or what the hell (at the day it's infested with piranha+eel beasts) and died.
Woke up in the camp, heard beast is dead, some random cloaked figure is wandering, started yet another Prove Urself aka "how 2 use ur pawns gut" ffs give me a breath
Nice character generation, making good lookin character is far easier than tryhard abominations in dark souls.

overall - better than overrated Dark Souls for me...

Last edited:

Freddie

Savant
Bioshock remastered.

So I finally decided to try this. Nice menus, went to game and noticed graphics are bugged. In the very first scene you need to get out of the water which turned out to be difficult because graphics, junk in water and burning petrol on the sea didn't appear but popped up just when I was literally touching those elements. Got to inside of lighthouse with a bit of trial and error, interior objects kept popping up after I collided them. Went back to menu and adjusted default graphics options by dropping some filtering to 2 x instead of 4 x.

Graphics work and I could finally get on with the game. Hi-def textures sure look nice, in some ways this looks better than Bioshock Infinitive. I don't think it's just that underwater setting that gives some interesting options for lightning, but art direction looks good. Will report if I can finish this or if this will bug out.

Kahr

Playing UU1 for the first time. Having the time of my life. Really sad that i didn't try it earlier.
Liked Arx Fatalis very much, but this is on a whole other level.

pippin

How can you guys hate Oblivion so much? I was standing next to a door and a bosmer went into the building I was in, said "Interesting!" and went away.

It's always the bosmer in TES, it seems.

pippin

There was also a dunmer lady in the Imperial City telling me how Morrowind should realize it's THE CURRENT YEAR and stop treating khajiit and argonians as lesser people :M

Ovplain

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex
Finished that. Started 'Technobabylon' today. So far, so good!

I LOVED IT! I DID!

Gonna continue this point 'n' click kick I'm on with 'The Blackwell Legacy.' Or not. Thinking I might go all out and give one of the classics a spin. 'Indiana Jones and the Fate of the Atlantis' or 'Beneath a Steel Sky' or 'Broken Sword 1' or 'Gabriel Knight 1' or maybe something completely different. Got a bunch of this shit. Never played any of this shit. Want to now.

Villagkouras

Arcane
I think that today I played the worst game of 2016.

It's called Blade & Bones and it's a shameless Dark Souls rip-off.

Of course, I love Dark Souls and I found the trailer interesting to give it a shot. God I was wrong.

First of all, the game is ugly and runs like shit. Also, FOV and camera movement is fucked and people that get motion sickness from games, will puke their guts out.

Another reason to vomit is the combat. The game has 2 attacks. Light and Strong attack. PERIOD. No combos, no special moves, no attacks coming from rolling, NOTHING. Of course you can roll, but rolling is so distant that when you avoid attacks you have to walk back to your enemy (who has recovered) and practically you gain nothing from rolling. Oh it has backstep too and there is no shield (so no fancy stuff like parrying too). A couple of details:

1. Let's say you want to roll and attack afterwards. You can't. Well, you can, but only if the rolling animation finishes, the character goes into idle mode and half a second passes. I cannot describe how clunky this feels, you have to experience it for yourselves (DON'T).

2. The worst offender of the game: Collision detection. 1 out of 4 hits don't register. I was in front of my enemy, hit the attack button and NOTHING HAPPENED. It's like Dark Souls has a dice rolling system and you miss.

3. Of course the enemy doesn't have this kind of problems, because there are no i-frames when you're rolling. And the enemy sometimes does a 180 degree turn in one frame. In the attack animation.

4. You don't think that there is any weight in the attacks, right?

The weapons are the same katana thing named Sami, Kyle etc (wtf?). Maybe there are more unique weapons later on, who knows, a katana named LeBron or Adolf?

Oh, and it's semi-roguelike. You have 7 lives that you can replenish, not in the place you died, a la Dark Souls, but in random places in the open world. Speaking of open world, the only fairly interesting idea is that you can manipulate day-night cycle. Night has more difficult enemies with better loot (strangely named katanas) and devs say that several shortcuts unlock in different hours of the day. I doubt it.

Anyway, after my character suddenly died when I was in the sea (with the water being a little below of my knee) and I had no lives left, I uninstalled, which was the wisest thing to do.

You're going to see this game in bundles worth 0,50$. Don't even think about it. You'll get better gameplay tossing 0,50$ in the sink.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS FINOSHED SERIOUS SAM 3 IT WAS FUN ENOUGH

STARTED WARBAMD WITH DIPLOMACY MOD LOLOLOL ADDICTING AND GRIND GRIND GRIND

KING BRO OF FREEDOM LAND WILL RULE LOLOLOLOL

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Raypers.mp3

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom