Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What game are you wasting time on?

Ovplain

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex
Ah. Yeah by ghosting I mean you don't touch anyone ever unless the mission calls for it. So every situation has a stealth route whether it's by patience or gadgetry, that sort of thing.

The 'problem' might be that Blacklist has a bunch of areas that feature a lot of guards. I'm guessing that's to do with the 'multikill instakill win' button, so it'd be more usable, more prominent. Sure the earlier games also had rooms, areas where you had to navigate around multiple guards 'n shit, but in Blacklist it's really kinda the norm. Still, plenty of ghosting to be done otherwise.

Perkel

Arcane
Finished Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney - Spirit of Justice (AA6) on 3DS

- Better than AA5
- 5 cases:
#1 - good,
#2 - meh,
#3 - meh,
#4 - godawful,
#5 - fucking amazing and lasts more than all 4 previous cases together

I must say that when i was doing 4th case i was about to drop it because how fucking shit it was but 5th case was comparable to one of best cases in AA history DLC case from AA1. So if i had to judge current AA games standing with AA6:

AA1> Miles Edworth >>>> AA2 >>>> AA3 > AA6 >>>AA4 >>>>>>>>>>>>>AA5

ace_attorney_spirit_of_justice_english_cover_idea_by_varimarthas5-da2qs2c.png

Villagkouras

Arcane
Played Journey this afternoon, because it's free on PS+ and fuck me, it was amazing. Seriously, all the walking sims shit devs should play this game and see how it's done.

I went completely blind in this one because I didn't have a PS3 in that gen and I didn't expect to find companions. It was beautiful, intense and short enough not to get boring.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Playing Borderlands 2. The story and writing is crap. So many illogical aspects of the plot, and its so flashy. It feels like something from a Michael Bay film, complete with shitty humor and a stupidly evil villain. Seriously, all what Handsome Jack needs is a scratchy voice and he could fill in for Cobra Commander. Hell, give him a mechanical claw while you're at it.
The UI is a bit more polished than its predecessor and you have faster move speed, but I think I prefer borderlands 1 a little; story isn't as garish, it doesn't look as cartoony, nor does it try to be DA BEST THING EVA, the humor isn't as shitty, and you have cool things like Weapon Proficiency and Artifacts

Artifacts > Relics
Weapon Proficiency > Badass Ranks (sort of; its nice BAR buffs non weapon stats, but when it came to weapons, the old version gave more and it directly affected and was affected by your play style)

Oh, and the drop rates were better in the first BL as well. Enemies tended to drop the elemental weapons they were using, and legendaries had a decent chance of being dropped or found in vending machines.

TLDR, Overrated game is overrated, Gearbox cannot into story.

pippin

Gearbox cannot into story.

Anthony Burch, the man from our very own Cuck badge, was one of the guys in charge of the writing.
He said he wanted to avoid the tropes of toxic masculinity and gun culture.
In Borderlands 2.

I only have Borderlands 1 and while it's a nice timewaster I wouldn't go mad over it. It certainly feels like I'm missing part of the fun by playing solo. This never happened to me in Diablo 2, or even Torchlight 2, by the way.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Gearbox cannot into story.

Anthony Burch, the man from our very own Cuck badge, was one of the guys in charge of the writing.
He said he wanted to avoid the tropes of toxic masculinity and gun culture.
In Borderlands 2.

I only have Borderlands 1 and while it's a nice timewaster I wouldn't go mad over it. It certainly feels like I'm missing part of the fun by playing solo. This never happened to me in Diablo 2, or even Torchlight 2, by the way.

Yeh, he was the head writer. The man is a hack. Apparently he left gearbox so he can work on his own TV show. I hope that show succeeds so he won't come back to ruin games with his inanity.
I actually think BL1 is more enjoyable solo than BL2. BL2 was designed more for co-op, considering how much bullshit there is. That game loves to throw sudden instant death at you -_-

Last edited:
MAKE
A
K
E

ROME
O
M
E

GREAT
R
E
A
T

AGAIN
G
A
I
N

SPQR
P
Q
R

BASILEIUS
A
S
I
L
E
I
U
S

TON
O
N

RHOMAION
H
O
M
A
I
O
N

NXq8qk4.png
Are you playing FTG version of EU2?

Does it come with that new map or is it a mod?

Yes. I'm using a modmod of WATKABAOI, https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...aaaaa-v1-0-for-ftg-1-3-beta-29-dec-13.956687/

Works with the latest patch.

I've heard that for the last patch, FTG is getting the Vicky map. Its going to be kickass.

Elim

Augur
Project: Eternity
I think I'm going grifter, a dialogue heavy suave bastard looks nice. Let's see how far I can play without combat skills.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Trying to clear some of the games in my backlog. Finished Blood Knights which was completely and utterly crap.

I'm now wasting my time on Breach & Clear on PC. The Legend of Legacy on 3DS and Ni No Kuni on PS3.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Finished Daedalic's Harvey's New Eyes.

Hilarious game. Same lead designer as the Deponia series, so you know what to expect - it's basically a long theatre of the absurd from start to finish (without being randumb), the puzzle solutions often involve everyone around the protag suffering in various ways, lots of "trope subversion", etc. Also some interesting level/puzzle design here and there. Absolutely recommended, even if you haven't played its prequel - Edna and Harvey: The Breakout. They are rather loosely connected, so you shouldn't miss much by skipping the first one (which isn't particularly great).

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
I love the first one too because the amount of comments from Edna regarding wrong solutions is just amazing and Edna is a very cool character. The game also mostly takes place in one only area during one only chapter, which is a nice feature whereas the second one is funnier but is cut into a lot of small parts.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I love the first one too because the amount of comments from Edna regarding wrong solutions is just amazing and Edna is a very cool character.

Yeah, the first one has its moments, and the wrong solution comments are def one of its strengths. But last time I played it (2 years ago?), I got bored somewhere around the middle of the game iirc.

Oh, also, one more positive quality to Harvey's New Eyes - it has deep turn-based tactical combat.

Ivan

Arcane
Mad Max (Just Cause devs)

typical Ubisoft open world with collectibles to ressuply ammo that isn't necessary because the Arkham melee combat system is easy enough. I should mention that one big difference from the Arkham system is that you can't counter more than one enemy, which in theory sounds cool, but results in frustration b/c you hav eno way of knowing when a character is going to initiate an attack. You could be in a mid counter animation when all of the sudden 2 guys strike at you. Car handling is hilariously awful, particularly steering. This makes the tight areas of the game (caves, tunnels) a fucking nightmare to navigate. You'll be playing pong against the walls the whole way. The best part of the game is the presentation, it looks gorgeous, but characters are JUST quest givers. Nothing to see here. It had promise. Had they made resource gathering more important, gone for a closer camera for the combat and made use of environmental weapons (bottles, rocks, wrenches) it would have been so much better. Don't bother.
:2/5:

2323507A55446FCACC2CD9F577441258D290A232

4E431481AF24D3615C97252DA00A530F5CED780E

oh, I almost forgot! it also has the ugliest child I've ever seen depicted in a game, ever:
EAD0B5B7DF3CDB5D39A7C5F21EBE5F8F2ED73CD0

:prosper:

t
his is probably the last "AAA" game I'm going to play on my 670 before upgrading. it runs on the Just Cause 2 engine, buttery smooth 60 fps.

Last edited:

Modron

Arcane
oh, I almost forgot! it also has the ugliest child I've ever seen depicted in a game, ever::prosper:

The developers were just trying to stay true to the original films:
2GgZMlg.jpg

PS the third film probably had some prosperous kids as well.

gaussgunner

Arcane
Car handling is hilariously awful, particularly steering.
Worse than Brutal Legend? :lol:
Which is even worse because you can only choose the music while you're driving the fucking uncontrollable car. In the big boss battles it makes you listen to glam metal.

Getting into D:OS EE now that I did the runspeed mod. Played a few hours without getting bored. Got another source hunter in my party, made level 4, started getting into real fights and winning, cleared most of the dungeons and woodlands around Cyseal. Lovin' the combat now.

Still haven't done any crafting :smug:

EDIT: made a spiked club by somehow driving multiple 9-inch nails through a small branch without splitting it. Ridiculously overpowered, on par with a decent sword, use less AP than a battle axe.

"crafting".gif

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom