Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What game are you wasting time on?

Ivan

Arcane
Mother Russia Bleeds

another short one. I didn't grow up playing many of the classic beat-em-ups, save for the Simpsons and Turtles In Time on the SNES. This holds up pretty well, save for annoying moments when your blows don't connect with the enemy. That aside, I found a few of the combat encounters extremely infuriating: flame bulldozer, and the final boss' second stage. It's kinda easy to get stunlocked and finished off with guns, but the difficulty is on the easy side. The pixel art is great, the combat is a bit shallow, no combos, no unlockables, music is hit or miss. Reminds me a bit of Shank (Klei's beat em up). A solid 2 to three hours of gameplay.
:3/5:

only real memorable track for me:

Playing nu Doom. It's a piece of shit with no level design whatsoever - just corridors followed by boxes with preset monster spawns, repeated ad nauseam. As expected. Something that wasn't mentioned in reviews or impressions (at least not that I have read or seen) is how absolutely shit the sound is in this game. There is zero punch to the weapons, everything sounds like tin and the soundtrack is a joke.

This travesty represents everything that's wrong with clueless hipsters wanting to 'revive' a franchise. I'd rather play 20+ year old WADs in ZDoom that I've played a thousand times before. It's actually depressing.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Got back into Crusader Kings 2 after hearing all the praise for the last dlc. Installed HIP because I'm having good memories of that one. Game has changed a lot since I tried it. Saw that the world is still just a steady incline to the top however as buildings and provinces only improve and never decline. Decided to import my old events that bring the possibility of ruination through warfare and sieges.

Amazed noone implemented that shit sooner. A 30 year war for instance should not just apply a few negative modifiers to a province. It should have a chance of a province losing buildings and even holdings.

Playing nu Doom. It's a piece of shit with no level design whatsoever - just corridors followed by boxes with preset monster spawns, repeated ad nauseam. As expected. Something that wasn't mentioned in reviews or impressions (at least not that I have read or seen) is how absolutely shit the sound is in this game. There is zero punch to the weapons, everything sounds like tin and the soundtrack is a joke.

This travesty represents everything that's wrong with clueless hipsters wanting to 'revive' a franchise. I'd rather play 20+ year old WADs in ZDoom that I've played a thousand times before. It's actually depressing.

Installed it yesterday and I fucking love it. I didn't have so much fun with a shooter since Rage. I really like what they have done here, it's a mock up of every hero out there that wants to save the world.Don't know about sound since I'm playing it at work and it's on mute :)
Try to incease the FOV on PC because the default is to low.

Last edited:

Ovplain

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex
Planning on beating 'Splinter Cell - Blacklist.' Played before, got pretty far, got bored and moved on to something else. Still feel shitty for leaving a game unfinished though. It's a fine game anyway, no it ain't Chaos Theory, but what is?

Don't really mind the 'faster' stealth 'n shit, but it's funny how I feel LESS powerful here, with all the speed, fancy gadgets and the 'win' button 'n shit, than I did in Chaos Theory. Don't think I ever had such a fantastic feeling of POWER! in any other game. The slower pace of CT might have a lot to do with that, I'm guessing. I'd psych myself up, really soak in the feeling of superiority over the clowns around me, really soak in the feeling of total control over the situation at hand.

But, anyway, yeah, Blacklist is fine by me.

Ovplain

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex
Planning on beating 'Splinter Cell - Blacklist.' Played before, got pretty far, got bored and moved on to something else. Still feel shitty for leaving a game unfinished though. It's a fine game anyway, no it ain't Chaos Theory, but what is?

Don't really mind the 'faster' stealth 'n shit, but it's funny how I feel LESS powerful here, with all the speed, fancy gadgets and the 'win' button 'n shit, than I did in Chaos Theory. Don't think I ever had such a fantastic feeling of POWER! in any other game. The slower pace of CT might have a lot to do with that, I'm guessing. I'd psych myself up, really soak in the feeling of superiority over the clowns around me, really soak in the feeling of total control over the situation at hand.

Scratch that, bought Fallout 4, LIKE A FAGGOT! So I'm playing that thing now. Mother forgive me.

sser

Arcane
Developer

Scratch that, bought Fallout 4, LIKE A FAGGOT! So I'm playing that thing now. Mother forgive me.

Can you ghost a mission in Blacklist? Last two Splinter Cells I played were Double Agent which was still alright, though an obvious step back from Chaos Theory, and then Conviction which was absolute dogshit and might as well have been a game from another series. I felt like ghosting wasn't really emphasized in either of these like it was in the first three games.

Ovplain

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex
Can you ghost a mission in Blacklist? Last two Splinter Cells I played were Double Agent which was still alright, though an obvious step back from Chaos Theory, and then Conviction which was absolute dogshit and might as well have been a game from another series. I felt like ghosting wasn't really emphasized in either of these like it was in the first three games.

Like I said, I haven't played through the full game, so I can't say for 100% sure. If by 'ghosting,' you mean 'get through the game without KILLING anyone,' think there's even an achievement for it. But if you mean, 'I don't even wanna touch anybody for the whole game,' that's probably not possible. You can do it in most missions, but eventually you'll have to at least choke somebody out.

sser

Arcane
Developer

Like I said, I haven't played through the full game, so I can't say for 100% sure. If by 'ghosting,' you mean 'get through the game without KILLING anyone,' think there's even an achievement for it. But if you mean, 'I don't even wanna touch anybody for the whole game,' that's probably not possible. You can do it in most missions, but eventually you'll have to at least choke somebody out.

Ah. Yeah by ghosting I mean you don't touch anyone ever unless the mission calls for it. So every situation has a stealth route whether it's by patience or gadgetry, that sort of thing.

anus_pounder

Arcane

Installed it yesterday and I fucking love it. I didn't have so much fun with a shooter since Rage. I really like what they have done here, it's a mock up of every hero out there that wants to save the world.Don't know about sound since I'm playing it at work and it's on mute :)
Try to incease the FOV on PC because the default is to low.

:what:

Sranchammer

Arcane
Vatnik
Got back into Crusader Kings 2 after hearing all the praise for the last dlc. Installed HIP because I'm having good memories of that one. Game has changed a lot since I tried it. Saw that the world is still just a steady incline to the top however as buildings and provinces only improve and never decline. Decided to import my old events that bring the possibility of ruination through warfare and sieges.

Amazed noone implemented that shit sooner. A 30 year war for instance should not just apply a few negative modifiers to a province. It should have a chance of a province losing buildings and even holdings.

I was thinking the same - more destruction is needed in Paradox

gaussgunner

Arcane
Brutal Legend.. $1.50 on GOG for 29 more hours. Possibly the most badass shit game ever.

Do you have multiplayer? I remember multiplayer being quite dead.

Nope. Servers are probably long gone, but I don't know, maybe that's just the Linux version. Doesn't look like a very good multiplayer game anyway, just something for the lulz.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom