Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What game are you wasting time on?

WhiteGuts

Arcane
Finished Firewatch. Nice and cozy little game, far from the "masterpiece" the mainstream crowd is claiming it to be, but not as pretentious and empty as say Gone Home and the likes.

Superhot, nice little gimmicks, interesting narrative too. But that shit got kinda stale quickly.

I'm also replaying PoE with the expansion installed, lel.

Wolfe

Arbiter
Currently sinking way too many hours into The Division, although I'm starting to feel a bit bored already.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Risen 3
You know what's worse than bad voice acting? Terrible british voice acting. By the Emperor my ears!
Another bad thing is combat. Imagine that - you're few meters away from enemy, in 99% games you have time to react but here? Combat is all about rolling and watching you and enemies launching themselves at each others. Imagine Neo vs Agent Smith fight in metro (and other Marix brawls where people jump at each others) but for 40h. Who need sanity anyway?
Other than that - it's the same Risen, where exploration is p.gut and there is no lvl scalling so going somewhere might get you killed.
And they changed Patty look again and turned her into milk machine walking semen bank for bored sailors. Yuck.
You have no problem with experience (even without treasure that give +10% to XP gain) but economy works better than in most cRPGs. You never have too much gold. Pity that minigames can't be repeated.

Khorne

Arbiter
Replaying Soldier of Fortune 2 with extra gore, found a CRT monitor in one of the ship cabins with DOOM title screen, somehow I missed that previously.
Also Sunless Sea, very addicting that one, kinda funny how they censored every word containing "damn" but one can still rip the heart out of some poor unfortunate soul and use it in fathomking quest.

Ovplain

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex
Really enjoying Underrail, though I did restart the game with a new character. Started out with a chemical/energy pistols one and just got tired of the difficulty.:S Running with a psi build now, it's way easier, not too easy though, and I'm having a blast!

Man, that psi build was fun, but I had to try a new stealth/trap/grenade/throwing knives build and it's even funner!

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Master of Orion.
Looks like I finally will be able to win on Impossible playing the Alkari. Finding two Artifacts worlds nearby helps. Also no Sakkra (my arch enemy) or Meklars (always gives the birds a hard time for some reason), getting the right early techs to research (Robot Controls, Nuclear Drives), and the Mrrshans and Psilons starting right next to each others also helps a lot.
In an unusual twist the Darloks are in the lead when it comes to having most planets.

DramaticPopcorn

Just completed AC: Black Flag and man was it exhausting.

I've only played AC 1 and quit it out of boredom, some people rigorously recommended Black Flag to me as the best in the series, and boy oh boy if this is the highlight of the series, I truly dread to see how other games turned out. (not that I will ever check em out anyway).

Your character is a random guy who wanted to be a privateer but somehow, right off the bat, he possesses ALL the stealth, parkour and fighting skills that are trademark for an ancient and secretive order, which is never questioned during the course of the story. ?????

The story itself is nonesensical and, apart from all the pirate fighting among themselves or against empires, it's completely devoid of any character. The whole Assassin vs Templar meta is just silly and never did manage to interest me.

The gameplay is complete and utter shit, jesus christ man, that fucking freerun bullshit, that AI. Ship combat I didn't mind that much.

The gameworld is huge and is incredibly well crafted, the visual fidelity of enviroments is honestly stunning at times.

But for all the scale and eyecandy , there is just 4 mission types in the whole game. Main Story missions, Templar hunts (which are like 9 in total, which isn't a whole lot) and assassinations which can't even count as missions since they carry no impact on the story or the world in any concievable way.

Everything else is collectibles and only OCD can be an incentive to collect them all, meaning that there's no reason to visit most areas at all.

You know how when a game sometimes has features that were added as an afterthought and they stick out as a sore thumb? Well, 90% of optional content in this game looks like an afterthought, this might as well be a movie and be just as (or maybe even more so) effective in conveying its message.

Overall, tons of wasted potential, wasted effort and an unholy abomination for gameplay.

A user named cat

Outlast. Around 2 hours in and I'm done with this shit, uninstalled. Game is awful, just incredibly boring and predictable. This is supposed to be scary? I guess if you're 12 and find jump scares and braindead AI frightening. It's the same repetitive, linear bullshit as that stupid Alien: Isolation Hide n Seek game. Nothing but Clocktower ripoffs. There are Amnesia: DD mods that even put this to shame.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Just finished Assassin's Creed: Unity. Interesting historical setting, but not used as much as I hoped. The whole (French)revolution feels more like backdrop when it should have been the actual story. The ending of the main story is a total fuck up. It's like they ran out of money, time and interest to finish it. Long time since I experienced an ending so bad and disconnected.

Now it's time to mess around in Syndicate. Hoping it will be better.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Replaying Summoner on PC. I played it on PS2 many years ago but it was a joke port. I like the actual game and my eyes don't hurt playing the PC version.

I also completed my 15th game of the year yesterday. Hoping to beat 60 games in 2016.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Just finished Assassin's Creed: Unity. Interesting historical setting, but not used as much as I hoped. The whole (French)revolution feels more like backdrop when it should have been the actual story. The ending of the main story is a total fuck up. It's like they ran out of money, time and interest to finish it. Long time since I experienced an ending so bad and disconnected.

Now it's time to mess around in Syndicate. Hoping it will be better.
Don't keep your hopes up, the protagonists are better written but the story is as pointless as Unity. Ubisoft one year per game policy assure the story of all Ass creed games will be crap.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Tried Dungeon Keeper, and while I love the premise and the atmosphere of the game, the gameplay is sadly far too fast paced and chaotic for an old fart like me.

janior

Arcane
Patron
Wizardry VI, finally finished this bullshit mines area i got lost there sooooooo many times, now i'm fighting naked black women wtf... WHAT'S NEXT? Really enjoying myself with it btw

Still playing Destiny...the community is receiving a series of updates speaking of an update that will show what is included in the next update. :M

speaking of community this gotta be the shittiest one I've ever seen, makes the CoD forums look like a quantum physicist symposium

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Still playing Destiny...the community is receiving a series of updates speaking of an update that will show what is included in the next update. :M

speaking of community this gotta be the shittiest one I've ever seen, makes the CoD forums look like a quantum physicist symposium
It's like Grindan MMO + Console FPS communities, what could be bad?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom