Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What game are you wasting time on?

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Kingdom of Loathing cos I can sneak it in at work and my chance to play games outside of work is limited

:negative:
What's your nickname?

Same as here. Not sure if i'm happy with my class choice, but rolling with it for now.
Ah, you just started playing. Rare to see new players. I have 41 ascension under my belt already D: All the classes are fine imho, especially after the revamp.

kazgar

Arcane
Kingdom of Loathing cos I can sneak it in at work and my chance to play games outside of work is limited

:negative:
What's your nickname?

Same as here. Not sure if i'm happy with my class choice, but rolling with it for now.
Ah, you just started playing. Rare to see new players. I have 41 ascension under my belt already D: All the classes are fine imho, especially after the revamp.

I played ages ago, but not seriously, recalled it recently and thought it'll help with some of the idle periods at work. So far so good.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
14:00 maybe I try that Crysis Warhead, since I finished original Crysis yesterday.
14:30 damn, SecuRom want connect to offline server. It over?
14:35 nope, there's patch.
<few moments of passes, few chinks got punched in the face>
20:00 welp, I'm done.

Is it me or enemies are even more fragile than Crysis with patch 1.2?
Why there are two types of SMGs, yet one is weaker in combat despite using same type of ammunition.
There is few cutscenes, and they're WAY too long, killing the tension, inserting some moral dillema of main character who don't kill unarmed chinks, yet have no problem with the one who did not pulled out the gun in time before get punched in the face/shot in the face.

@up
u should buy DayZ like a trv good goy

MediantSamuel

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Pushing for the end with Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines.

Finished Giovanni and started the beach monastery thing earlier today. My interest is starting to wane as I'm almost 100% positive this is the worst bit of the game.

In fact, I just got to Bach. Did I ever say how much I hate the boss fights in this game? This is honestly awful.

I stealth in through the door; cutscene instantly triggers where my Malk casually strolls, unstealthed I might add, into a huge open room like a retard. My character gets shot at but obviously crazy holy fanatic misses and we're back to gameplay.

Instantly crouch + Obfuscate to creep up to his perch, I get there and all of a sudden I'm getting frag / flash combination grenades thrown on me and It's impossible to keep stealthing at this point. I run up the stairs to get him, hit him twice and then I'm "blinded by the light" and I have to play fucking grab-ass around this huge, tedious room to try and kill him. :x

Hengeyokai (sp?) was awful, too. The weird "love-letter-to-anime" chick kept shooting me in the ass while hengeyokai fucked me up. :argh:

MediantSamuel

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Pushing for the end with Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines.

Finished Giovanni and started the beach monastery thing earlier today. My interest is starting to wane as I'm almost 100% positive this is the worst bit of the game.

In fact, I just got to Bach. Did I ever say how much I hate the boss fights in this game? This is honestly awful.

I stealth in through the door; cutscene instantly triggers where my Malk casually strolls, unstealthed I might add, into a huge open room like a retard. My character gets shot at but obviously crazy holy fanatic misses and we're back to gameplay.

Instantly crouch + Obfuscate to creep up to his perch, I get there and all of a sudden I'm getting frag / flash combination grenades thrown on me and It's impossible to keep stealthing at this point. I run up the stairs to get him, hit him twice and then I'm "blinded by the light" and I have to play fucking grab-ass around this huge, tedious room to try and kill him. :x

Hengeyokai (sp?) was awful, too. The weird "love-letter-to-anime" chick kept shooting me in the ass while hengeyokai fucked me up. :argh:

I used all my blood fighting Bach, got to the archaeologist and went through the whole conversation. Conversation ends and my character frenzies, killing him almost instantly.

:x

Checked my saves and the last one was pre-Bach kill.

:x:x:x

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Duke It Out In D.C, first expansion pack for Duke Nukem 3D. Not as good level design as the original, and quite easy so far, but still good fun.
Had to download som 3rd party patch to make it run with Eduke.

sullynathan

Arcane
Been messing around with brutal half life. I like it but it seems much faster than the original half life did. Also like the new weapons.

No Great Name

Arcane
Started up Paper Sorcerer. It's enjoyable so far but a bit rough around the edges.

Are all the items like mops and stuff I'm picking up just merchant fodder or do they serve some other purpose?

darthaegis

Cipher
Started up Paper Sorcerer. It's enjoyable so far but a bit rough around the edges.

Are all the items like mops and stuff I'm picking up just merchant fodder or do they serve some other purpose?
If you mean the "treasures" part of the inventory, I think they don't have any other purpose, yes.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Duke It Out In D.C, first expansion pack for Duke Nukem 3D. Not as good level design as the original, and quite easy so far, but still good fun.

I just had a romp through Duke3D (Megaton Edition) and played through (some of) the expansions for the first time. I had played Duke It Out in D.C. before, and found it to be disappointing.

Nuclear Winter is even worse, it's sole redeeming feature is the boss fight.

Life's a Beach is just a re-skin, but with some new lines from Duke himself. It's silly, but at least worth a look.

octavius

Arcane
Patron

I just had a romp through Duke3D (Megaton Edition) and played through (some of) the expansions for the first time. I had played Duke It Out in D.C. before, and found it to be disappointing.

I think it's good enough, but the aquarium bit at the Smithsonian level pissed me off, with the sharks being able to attack through walls anf through roofs, and even to osmose (sp?) through the bullet proof glass. May be some limitation of Eduke maybe.
And then searching four tanks for the button to open the next tank...

Cadmus

Arcane
I started playing CS:S again after like a hundred years of not playing an FPS and to my surprise I even manage to keep a positive K/D on random servers so it's fun!

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
I've been wasting lots of time playing NWN mods, almost to the exclusion of all else. It's been a over a year now, and I'm blown away that I've felt no inkling of burn out.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Quake Mission Pack 2: Dissolution of Eternity
For some reason that I can't quite put my finger on, I don't enjoy it as much as QMP1: Armagon.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Call of Juarez: Gunslinger.

I dunno, the FoV is really fucking squashed and giving me headaches. I'm having the same problem with Alien: Isolation, actually. Like I'm staring out of a fishbowl. The blurriness of Gunslinger doesn't help either. And I find myself turning down sensitivity whereas I used to play games like Counter-Strike with sensitivity so high if you sneezed you'd do a 360. Maybe I'm just getting old.

Stabwound

Arcane
I build a new PC recently and set up Nvidia streaming to my TV so I can console it up like a real shithead.

I've been playing:

GTA 5. Really fun game, great missions and all that. I don't care for all of the larping garbage, but the rest of the game is pretty fun and well done. It's too bad the huge world feels so empty and fake. I can't shake the feeling that I'm running around some North Korean facade propaganda town where everything is just painted onto walls.

Twitcher 3. Fun to play mindlessly with a controller on the TV, but I don't think I'd want to play it with a mouse and keyboard at a desk. Also suffers from the same problem of huge, empty world. I'd like to play without quest markers but ain't nobody got time for that.

Divinity: Original Sin. Best RPG I've played in years. I'm playing this with a mouse and keyboard at least.:smug:

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Twitcher 3. Fun to play mindlessly with a controller on the TV, but I don't think I'd want to play it with a mouse and keyboard at a desk. Also suffers from the same problem of huge, empty world. I'd like to play without quest markers but ain't nobody got time for that.
fyi the keyboard + mouse controls are a lot better.

Naraya

Arcane
I was mulling over getting XCOM2. Then I remembered I have a huge backlog already (I *still* haven't started PS:T :negative:) - ended up starting BG2 yet again <3

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Was playing Quake Mission Pack 2: Dissolution of Eternity, but lost interest near the end with all the traps and buttons to push. Had to force myself to finish Quake 1, but I liked the first Mission Pack.
For some reason Quake 1 bores me after a while, but I don't get tired of Doom or Duke Nukem 3D.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom