Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What game are you wasting time on?

pakoito

Arcane
Patron

sullynathan

Arcane
this dark souls has shit framerate on pc
Install the framerate unlock patch.
Oh I installed one before I played the game but even after the patch it has a noticeable low framerate. I didn't install the newest version because it is steam only but my Dark souls is GFWL
If you unlock it and your PC is fast enough, it's 30-60 fps town.
I'll try again. If it fails, then I'll just get DS2

No Great Name

Arcane
Started playing Might and Magic 1. Still early on, trying to get my party a little less weak yet by exploring the dungeon below the starting town.

Really well-made game, great interface. I would pay money for games like this made today.
I just started playing it this week as well.

Try to avoid fighting sprites if you can help it. They're annoying little buggers that you can never hit.

Cerulean

Cipher
You can change auto-pause options. I like to auto-pause on trap and enemy spotted so you can run around freely and not worry about stepping on shit or aggroing stuff.

Cool thanks. I played around with that, right now keeping most of the auto-pausing enabled until I learn what's important to notice vs. not.

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
Played Fallout NV: Dead Money this week. Started and finished. Very nice concept, excellent integration of with the Fallout NV world, and some gimmicks that stayed long, long, long after their freshness date (The collars were novel at first then became maddening.)

Utgard-Loki

Arcane
jedi knight jedi outcast

i don't remember the levels being this bad, but they are actually starting to piss me off.

Zanzoken

Arcane
Assassin's Creed Syndicate

I played all of the earlier ones up until AC3, which was such a stinker that I swore them off. This new one is pretty good, though -- except whoever at Ubi$oft is responsible for putting micro-transactions in a fucking AAA game deserves to get ball cancer.

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
I tried the campaign mode in Star Trek: Armada II. Commanding a fleet in that fucking game is like herding cats.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Still Tribes:Ascend, even though the HiRez patch made the game worse.

Dunno how you can continue playing it with that terrible patch. Personally, it broke the game completely for me. Totally unplayable. Absolutely disgusting.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Dunno how you can continue playing it with that terrible patch. Personally, it broke the game completely for me. Totally unplayable. Absolutely disgusting.

I posted a long constructive comment about it but posters on the forum called me an idiot. What we have here is a mix of HiRez' cretinism and a bunch of feedback from "competitive" players who neutered the game and robbed it of the features which even remotely worked or were flavorful.

I miss the days of REAL Tribes where base defense role was just as important as killing, where bases had real interiors, and battles in those interiors mattered, where generator, turrets and deployables mattered, where forcefields mattered, where plasma weapons were important and bullet weapons were secondary, and where the netcode wasn't written by 5th graders.

Voted for MIDAIR on Steam Greenlight. It is my only hope.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I beat Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic. I heard some bad things, but it was enjoyable enough. That last level was a pain in the ass, though.

Playing Pixel Puzzles 2: Birds and Magrunner: Dark Pulse.

Might start Jagged Alliance: Deadly Games. I intend to finish off my GOG backlog. I have never played this one. I gave up on The Guild: Gold Edition. I was doing well but everything fell apart later on. A cool game that I am happy having played.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Testing games on my new GPU. Joined the #60fps #1080p club. Sadly most stuff is both beauty, smooth and boring, so I ended up with rather old titles (Neverwinter Night 2, 762mm, RtCW, Red Faction Guerilla etc.). Still no improvements with emulators cause that need way bigger CPU power (i7 and all that jazz).

Still learning new stuff in 7,62 Hard Life. My goodness, there is so much to learn even when I finished High Calibre+Blue Sun mod....
And of course there is manual but in orkish (rusian) alphabet, that might not explain everything. Some things are friggin cryptic, ofter made that way because game engine limitations and workarounds etc.
Still barely move out from the first camp.

Maybe now Gothic3 will run smoothly. But I need SSD to be sure.

sullynathan

Arcane
Fuck me. I try to mod New Vegas for a new playthrough, it goes fine, then I add some extra mods and the game crashes. Same for Morrowind. Works fine, add mods, game stops working.

Has anyone got New Vegas working with project nevada, fook, character overhaul and weapon mods expansion and expanded?

Testing games on my new GPU. Joined the #60fps #1080p club. Sadly most stuff is both beauty, smooth and boring, so I ended up with rather old titles (Neverwinter Night 2, 762mm, RtCW, Red Faction Guerilla etc.). Still no improvements with emulators cause that need way bigger CPU power (i7 and all that jazz).

Still learning new stuff in 7,62 Hard Life. My goodness, there is so much to learn even when I finished High Calibre+Blue Sun mod....
And of course there is manual but in orkish (rusian) alphabet, that might not explain everything. Some things are friggin cryptic, ofter made that way because game engine limitations and workarounds etc.
Still barely move out from the first camp.

Maybe now Gothic3 will run smoothly. But I need SSD to be sure.
Gothic 3 runs smoothly on my mac on very high settings with mods installed. Its weird how it runs better after mods installed than before.

pippin

You have to load the mods in a certain order. There are lots of tutorials on Steam and other forums. For Morrowind, I'd reccomend you to use the Morrowind Overhaul mod, which is like a mega mod installer that takes care of everything for you.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Has anyone got New Vegas working with project nevada, fook, character overhaul and weapon mods expansion and expanded?
Have you installed NVSE? And the Project Nevada patch for WMX?

Installing two gameplay overhauls together is a bad idea tbh...unless you are using only PN core.

sullynathan

Arcane
Have you installed NVSE? And the Project Nevada patch for WMX?

Installing two gameplay overhauls together is a bad idea tbh...unless you are using only PN core.
I installed NVSE. Truthfully, I installed all those mods together and so many patches at once that I was mindfucked. I was using mod organizer (usually I manually install mods) and I thought it would be easy so I just kept downloading shit. It seems that my game will work with FOOK, Project Nevada and weapon mods expanded worked but the rest didn't.
I will try again but if this shit doesn't work, I'll only use Project Nevada. I really just want some cool weapons but I guess other mods will do.

You have to load the mods in a certain order. There are lots of tutorials on Steam and other forums. For Morrowind, I'd reccomend you to use the Morrowind Overhaul mod, which is like a mega mod installer that takes care of everything for you.
I was trying to install MGSO, Morrowind reborn and tamriel rebirth. My game starts and cutscene plays but in the game it's just a black screen.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
I installed NVSE. Truthfully, I installed all those mods together and so many patches at once that I was mindfucked. I was using mod organizer (usually I manually install mods) and I thought it would be easy so I just kept downloading shit. It seems that my game will work with FOOK, Project Nevada and weapon mods expanded worked but the rest didn't.
I will try again but if this shit doesn't work, I'll only use Project Nevada. I really just want some cool weapons but I guess other mods will do.
Are you using LOOT to sort your load order? From what I've read if you have a lot of mods you can't rely on the built-in sorter from MO as it is outdated.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom