Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What game are you wasting time on?

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Try the secret levels on Ultraviolence for some fun :M

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin

And without saving.

Cyberden is actually quite easy. The next one on the other hand took a fair amount of retries, but I prevailed — again, no save in the middle of the level.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Thought I'd give 7,62 Hard Life a whirl, seeing as I managed to do 7,62 HC ok. Instead I'm getting beat up in the first damn fight something terrible.

This is going to be fun to beat.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Icewind Dale + Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse at home, Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker on the move, and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze at my friend's.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy

"Go 2 It" is fun, but using the Aeons of Death mod (especially on Ultraviolence) it becomes SILLY FUN. Sometimes I just load up Plutonia and warp instantly to that level for some mindless carnage.

Only thing better than "Go 2 It" is "Go 4 It" in Plutonia 2, except the final fight is a little too much.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Thought I'd give 7,62 Hard Life a whirl, seeing as I managed to do 7,62 HC ok. Instead I'm getting beat up in the first damn fight something terrible.

People got butt hurt about beginning of the game. You're forced to work with rebels, to pay the debt for saving you, opposite to the 7,62 High Caliber where you're free mercenary. And yeah, first fight suck a bit, unless you notice few things.
Your base is assaulted by inexperienced rookies, wielding assault rifles (need more time to be ready-to-shot than pistols, even more if you're not experienced). They wear no armor whatsoever. You only have pistol (APS with 21 bullets, my favourite).
Oh and you have few rebels to help you and their AI is working (aka they can shoot enemies).

Note for some people - Hard Life is big mod, that introduced a lot of ideas, concepts and mechanics to the 7,62 High Calibre but for years was never translated.
Only way to experience it was via Blue Sun mod, which is included in Steam version of the game.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

People got butt hurt about beginning of the game. You're forced to work with rebels, to pay the debt for saving you, opposite to the 7,62 High Caliber where you're free mercenary. And yeah, first fight suck a bit, unless you notice few things.
Your base is assaulted by inexperienced rookies, wielding assault rifles (need more time to be ready-to-shot than pistols, even more if you're not experienced). They wear no armor whatsoever. You only have pistol (APS with 21 bullets, my favourite).
Oh and you have few rebels to help you and their AI is working (aka they can shoot enemies).

Note for some people - Hard Life is big mod, that introduced a lot of ideas, concepts and mechanics to the 7,62 High Calibre but for years was never translated.
Only way to experience it was via Blue Sun mod, which is included in Steam version of the game.

Lol, my mistake, I tried staying safe in the intro fight, got called out by the commander, then went all Fuck it and point-blanked the gubmint blokes. It was the fight after that what had me, where in tracking the escapees I got ambushed and cut down instead.

Now instead I seem to be facing a bug with the mission where you got to help the villagers against banditos.

I had to fight them on entry, and then again one marauder walks in before I can get the villagers set up, and once he and his are cut down, the quest doesn't progress no more.

Ah well, at least I'm getting the hang of the combat again.

please take me away from warframe. every time i say to myself "come on, it's time to play a little less" here come new weapons and missions.
help.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron

Lol, my mistake, I tried staying safe in the intro fight, got called out by the commander, then went all Fuck it and point-blanked the gubmint blokes. It was the fight after that what had me, where in tracking the escapees I got ambushed and cut down instead.

Now instead I seem to be facing a bug with the mission where you got to help the villagers against banditos.

I had to fight them on entry, and then again one marauder walks in before I can get the villagers set up, and once he and his are cut down, the quest doesn't progress no more.

Ah well, at least I'm getting the hang of the combat again.
What do you know, turns out I just shot the bloke who'd bring the boss forward.

I applied Diplomacy and then there we go 36-50 men versus my 6 and 10 villagers.

And what a fight that was. :salute:

Alfons

Prophet
I will never understand people who enjoy such grindfests.
It's made for the people who play your average freemium game. The hope that new shiny stuff will make it less boring, the time limited specials, and daily prizes keep the retards coming back.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Bought Fantasy General at the GOG sale and now I remember why I never finished it, but this time I will endure and in enduring grow strong.

But seriously fuck the fourth continent.

I will never understand people who enjoy such grindfests.
because there isn't really much grind involved. after a week i already had more materials than i could ever need.
and because... you know... the game is fun. the structure can seem repetitive but you always have something to dodge, bullets to evade, complicated jumps and slides to execute, skills to use and an extremely small pool of energy to activate them so by looking around and glancing at the minimap you have to make them count, over a hundred of radically different weapons (other than the usual assault rifles, shotguns, grenade launchers, snipers, machineguns and stuff, hitscan and non, there are tentacle throwers, flame throwers, bows and crossbows, burst action harpoon launchers and more i can't just classify like the quanta, atomos or the stug, and as many melee weapons too), the constant choice between firing a weapon or wielding a melee one which could provide additional defense by blocking bullets, and that you have to mod all those weapons and the warframes too, in the end it's not grinding, it's... how can i say it... playing? have you ever played a game?

Last edited:
Got Destiny on the PS3 for a good price. It's pretty fun, a mix of Halo and Phantasy Star Online. The portuguese translation is great, both voice and subtitles, only spotted one minor typo in a menu.

Though I met an racer NPC who began her speech with "the bike's speed doesn't matter, it's all about the pilot. A good pilot can make a piece of junk fly like a bird!". This was immediately followed by a mission prompt quoting her as saying "you won't win any races riding that piece of junk". Maybe my vehicle is so shitty that it took away her high spirits.

ibp3dxZy2Vys4F.png

edit: they also seem to have taken inspiration from Dragon Age since the lore is mostly confined to a codex, which as far as I know, is only available outside the game, at Bungie's site.

Last edited:

Alfons

Prophet
MadMaxHellfire, sounds great. Only problem is that it does'nt work that way. The game is set up for the grind completely. To access new items you need to be higher level, to gain levels you need to level up your weapons and warframes.

I had a setup I was moderately happy with, but I wanted to unlock other stuff which I did not have, so I have to build and use frames and weapon I don't want to own or use just to get something I do want. Since mods have no balance either they also require farming, since they also need to be leveled up you need to farm cores(the shit that effectively levels them up). And even if the game didn't have all that you still have the build wait time. On the warframe thread someone, maybe you, brilliantly pointed out that you don't have to play when it's building, which is a genius observation. The only problem being that no matter how much fun a game can be it's not fun if I can't play it. So even if I want to play around with an awesome new warframe, I have to gather all my shit, get the schematics, and wait 3 days.

Once you reach a certain level, get the guns, gear, warframes, and mods you want I suppose the game can be pretty fun. I suspect you are at that point, you probably been at that point for so long that you forgot what a fucking drag the game is before you reach that point.

no, i said that leveling up a weapon and learning how to use it takes longer than building the next one.
i never denied the beginnings are the hardest part of warframe, but once you're past that it's just fun and experimenting and running and dodging and shooting and slicing and so on and on. to completely remove 99% of the starting limitations all you need is to invest 5-11 euros. big bucks! i went toally gung-ho and spent 22,50 and bought two frames, two weapons, a sentinel, some mods, several upgrade items, countless inventory slots, had still a lot left and i became self-sustaining shortly. excluding buying the most expensive stuff which most of the time has very limited uses, i earn more currency than i could spend just by selling syndicate weapons. about 60-90 platinum per week. sometimes more. well, i could actually farm for important stuff but i hate farming, if the game required or involved any form of mindless farming i'd have left long ago.
farming cores? i have hundreds of rare cores, around 700, never needed to use them. i use common cores, which drop every other step. i used tons of them. right now i have almost 1200 spare, sitting in my inventory.
all because i spent half what usually a 10 hours game costs? maybe.
has my fun been worth that money? damn sure.

Tehdagah

Arcane
Got Destiny on the PS3 for a good price. It's pretty fun, a mix of Halo and Phantasy Star Online. The portuguese translation is great, both voice and subtitles, only spotted one minor typo in a menu.

Though I met an racer NPC who began her speech with "the bike's speed doesn't matter, it's all about the pilot. A good pilot can make a piece of junk fly like a bird!". This was immediately followed by a mission prompt quoting her as saying "you won't win any races riding that piece of junk". Maybe my vehicle is so shitty that it took away her high spirits.

ibp3dxZy2Vys4F.png

edit: they also seem to have taken inspiration from Dragon Age since the lore is mostly confined to a codex, which as far as I know, is only available outside the game, at Bungie's site.
How many people are playing the PS3 version?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom