Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What game are you wasting time on?

PeachPlumage

Cipher
Watching MetalCanyon let's play of XCOM: Enemy Within.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Shit it does look like they decided to change some of the best features of the 1st one... The comparison with the two Dragon Ages scared me :p
I'm not that far in and I don't know when I will finish it. "Streamlining" stats. I really liked how you could develop your characters in the first game. It's a shame that they had to go and simplify it. Battles take way to long and I really don't care for the whole thing with adding own soldiers into the mix. Battles are now unnecessarily long. It hasn't really grabbed me and I stopped playing at the 4 or 5 hour mark.

Just started Syberia II, which I'm sure will be as pleasant as the first game. I do like that they removed the permanent floating icons for this one. It felt like you weren't so much interacting with the world in the first game as you were with floating, pulsating icons that wanted your gentle caress. So that was a good change. The English translation seems to be marginally better too, but again, I just started.

I'm also a bit past Chapter One in Pillars of Eternity and just fucking around in Od Nua. The game's pretty good, despite some Infinity Engine burnout I've got. With my work commute and other things I have to do, I suspect I'll get to the end of the game three years from now.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Goddamn is the car combat fun in Mad Max, once you have the thunderharpoon and a few upgrades it is so much fun blowing up an enemy gas tank with the shotgun, swithching to the harpoon and pulling out the wheels of the main target while finishing up his buddies with thunderpoon, even the Melee combat picks up with a few upgrades So you can enter rage mode in a few blows and pull out the wraslin moves on some war boyz ass

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I just spend like 1-2 hours on the last level of Super Mario 3D World. Shit, that one brings back the definition of "Nintendo Hard". And to get every collectible whatever I have to beat it 4 more times?

In more incline news, I'm also playing Age of Wonders. This is probably one of my first Turn-Based Strategy games that I put a significant time on. The tutorial and in-game documentation is pretty good, and I found the maps, character development and base building extremely compelling. I can't wait to play some it's contemporaries (Heroes, Master of Magic etc), and the sequels.

Zephyr Arsland

Learned
Goddamn is the car combat fun in Mad Max, once you have the thunderharpoon and a few upgrades it is so much fun blowing up an enemy gas tank with the shotgun, swithching to the harpoon and pulling out the wheels of the main target while finishing up his buddies with thunderpoon, even the Melee combat picks up with a few upgrades So you can enter rage mode in a few blows and pull out the wraslin moves on some war boyz ass

It gets really intense! I'd like some more weapon variety for the on-foot combat, though. Once you max Max out (hur hur) you can two-punch everything. It's still challenging and it keeps you on your toes, but it loses some of the edge of the earlier fights, where you can bite the dust quite easily if you let yourself be surrounded.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Hey! So good to hear someone else's having a good time with the Mad Max game. As a long-time fan of the series, I'm impressed, even if I can mark some curious omissions such as the lack of bikes and war rigs (favourite fan-requested feature for upcoming DLC) and the strange firearms distribution-curve of that particular stretch of the Wasteland. All in all, really atmospheric, minimalistic and enjoyable. The level design is fantastic. No two enemy camps are alike... coming from the 30 identical oil rigs in Just Cause 2, this is exciting.

Did they announce any DLCs for the game?

Zephyr Arsland

Learned
Did they announce any DLCs for the game?

Not yet, as far as I know. Here's hoping they do; the game has immense potential and it's really well done. War Rigs, Motorbikes, a New Game+ mode or different playable characters are some of the most requested features.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Not yet, as far as I know. Here's hoping they do; the game has immense potential and it's really well done. War Rigs, Motorbikes, a New Game+ mode or different playable characters are some of the most requested features.

NG+ is implemented but it doesn't make sense because ...

everybody is dead.

Zephyr Arsland

Learned
NG+ is implemented but it doesn't make sense because ...

everybody is dead.

Haha, yes, I meant a MEANINGFUL New Game+ mode. If you make an habit of scavenging everything and trying to complete 100% of locations as you go, there's really nothing to go back to.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Chasing 100% has never appealed to me. I get too burned out by the repetitiveness. No matter how good the game is.

Zephyr Arsland

Learned
Chasing 100% has never appealed to me. I get too burned out by the repetitiveness. No matter how good the game is.

I tend to agree with you. But it has been much less tedious for me with this game... I don't think I'll attain 100%, but it's feeling kind of organic, to look for all those stupid minutiae.
... Also, I was maxed out halfway thru the story. Chasing extra shit pays very well.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Yeah since some of the upgardes are tied to some of the sidequests this game doesnt feel as grindy and even if I have a session of just looking for money or upgrade materials you cab run into convoys, storms (those are grest fun too) or the odd wastland encounter you feel like you are aconplishing something when you find that new car hood or upgrade, would love DLC with warrigs and biked

DramaticPopcorn

Gameplay in Mad Max is such a bore, even Shadow of Mordor was somewhat more compelling to play than this piece of shit

Mustawd

Beat Torchlight early last week. It was a meh ending. The best way to treat this is probably by just playing it like a rogue-like. Which I'll probably end up doing to max out my character before I retire it for a mage or the other class.

Just raged-quit Enclave. Fuck this game. I'll eventually finish, but playing on Hard means no checkpoints, which is especially rage-inducing when unfair and random traps are all over the levels. Especially towards the end of a level. Which basically means you HAVE to die to find out about the traps. Then throw in crappy platforming pieces, where platforming is 1% of the entire level, and you get the recipe of a ragequit.

Fuck this game. Right in the asshole.

I use a RNG to tell me what to play next, but I think I'll just pick something less action-oriented. Maybe an adventure game like Primordia.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows. If you thought they put all the love in the base game and would half-ass the expansions, you'd be wrong.

Movement with Plague Knight is very different, and the levels feel completely anew. The plot cutscenes have enough love, and the whole thing feels like a lot for an expansion.

My only complaints are that bosses are piss easy with Plague Knight, and you can easily grind all your equipment quite early on.

Blonsky

Prophet
Contrast
3D/2D platformer with great noir style music and atmosphere, but it runs like crap and i dont know what is the problem.

RedScum

Arbiter
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Cities Skylines.
I've been trying out the new patch with day/night cycle. Looks p. good.
AB926D7389EE58A33746FA610405DB5148D863D6

rohand

Cipher
I had forgotten how Thief is incredible and holds up until today - going through the Bonehoard now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom