Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What game are you wasting time on?

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Games that I'm wasting my time on today?

Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal HD
Stepmania/DDR pieces of shit
Runescape
Guild Wars 2
Kingdom of Loathing
Might and Magic X: Legacy
Might and Magic 2
Heroes of Might and Magic: Chronicles: Warlord of the Wasteland

Maybe some different games when they exit the perma alpha/beta state.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I just completed Fallout 1-2-Tactics back to back and I am now thinking of replaying Fallout 1 with a low Int character. Might wait until next weekend before starting that run.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
What's your opinion on M&M:X? I'm curious to try it out...
It's okay, but generally how you experience the game depends on your party composition. It can either be really easy, or so difficult that you don't want to play anymore. It's a lot less grindy than the originals. The graphics are slightly disappointing (based on the year that they came out, I'd call them lackluster). The VO is okay in the game, it doesn't detract, but it doesn't really add to it either.

Overall it's a fun game to play, but make sure to save often. Sometimes one mistake can and will be your last.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Finished GTA V. It was really screwed up by leaving some content to be online play only.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Finished GTA V. It was really screwed up by leaving some content to be online play only.

I agree. It's screwed up they focused on online and waited so long for heists. That and no single player DLC.

Started Alien Isolation. It's pretty fun. Probably one of the most interesting survival horror games I've played in some time. Aside from that I have been playing a shit load of MGSV, Mortal Kombat X, and I'm about to start Alpha Protocol for the first time. I picked Alpha Protocol up for 2$.

Zephyr Arsland

Learned
It's okay, but generally how you experience the game depends on your party composition. It can either be really easy, or so difficult that you don't want to play anymore. It's a lot less grindy than the originals. The graphics are slightly disappointing (based on the year that they came out, I'd call them lackluster). The VO is okay in the game, it doesn't detract, but it doesn't really add to it either.

Overall it's a fun game to play, but make sure to save often. Sometimes one mistake can and will be your last.

Thanks for the heads-up! I think I'll try it out soon. But got hooked on Lords of Xulima so there's that...

Exhuminator

Arcane
I played through Sorcery! this weekend. It is a digital recreation of the classic Steve Jackson Fighting Fantasy 1983 book The Shamutanti Hills. It's a mobile game, and I played it on Android. Two more books in the four part series have been released, and I'm playing through Sorcery! 2 now, which recreates Kharé: Cityport of Traps. These are basically digital choose your own adventure books, but with strategic combat, spell usage, item management, and more. I found the first Sorcery! to be a helluva lotta fun, and Sorcery! 2 is even better so far. But I recommend playing them in order because you can import your character from each game-book to the next. If anyone is interested:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.inkle.sorcery1&hl=en
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.inkle.sorcery2&hl=en
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.inkle.sorcery3&hl=en

And no, I am not affiliated with the developers or whatever. I just genuinely love these games so I wanted to share. I do think the prices are too high for being mobile games, but they are also far above the usual dreck of that platform so I guess it's fair.

I think mobile games should cost $49.99, like normal games. Maybe their production values would become higher at that point.

Mustawd

Playing Torchlight I right now. If it weren't for my total lack of PC know-how, I would have setup Diablo 2 on a VM ages ago. As it is, Torchlight is the next best thing...but jesus...the amount of copy pasta in this game is a bit embarrassing. Still tons of good ARPG fun though.

Been playing survival horror games lately. Did RE1 and SH1.

RE1 remake- Great. Does almost everything about the genre right.

SH1 - Crappy. Incredibly easy combat. Melee OP. Too much ammo/health. Game seems to assume you'll shoot everything and arms you appropriately, even though everything outdoors is incredibly easy to run around and inside everything is just helpless against melee. Horror elements were all completely ruined by your radio telling you when monsters are near, and there's no traps or cinematic deaths to keep you on your toes. Plot was really fucking retarded, I have to laugh at the people saying it's deep when it's just throwing everything and the kitchen sink into the game. Amazing looks and sounds though, I can see why it left an impression.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Still replaying older games. Next game up is replaying Yakuza 2. It's probably my favorite in the series.

pippin

The Banner Saga and I'm pleasantly surprised. Gameplay is not very deep but it has nice ideas. I like those CYOA segments during your travels.

bussinrounds

Augur
I played through Sorcery! this weekend. It is a digital recreation of the classic Steve Jackson Fighting Fantasy 1983 book The Shamutanti Hills. It's a mobile game, and I played it on Android. Two more books in the four part series have been released, and I'm playing through Sorcery! 2 now, which recreates Kharé: Cityport of Traps. These are basically digital choose your own adventure books, but with strategic combat, spell usage, item management, and more. I found the first Sorcery! to be a helluva lotta fun, and Sorcery! 2 is even better so far. But I recommend playing them in order because you can import your character from each game-book to the next. If anyone is interested:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.inkle.sorcery1&hl=en
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.inkle.sorcery2&hl=en
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.inkle.sorcery3&hl=en

And no, I am not affiliated with the developers or whatever. I just genuinely love these games so I wanted to share. I do think the prices are too high for being mobile games, but they are also far above the usual dreck of that platform so I guess it's fair.

Nice. I still have all the original Sorcery! gamebooks from the 80s. (as well as the Fighting Fantasy up to #21, Lone Wolf ..)

I use to give myself/friends 1 re-roll for character creation (you'd have to go with the 2nd roll if used) and 3 lives to try and complete the whole quest (all 4 books) Nobody was ever able to beat it.

Once I/someone failed, we didn't 'abuse it' though and moved on to different things, not revisiting the same books for a WHILE (like years)

Just starting up some Silent Storm for the first time. Playing it modded up a bit on Impossible, but I'm gonna enable saving at anytime through the console (saving during combat is disabled on hard and Impossible, I think)

Exhuminator

Arcane
and 3 lives to try and complete the whole quest (all 4 books)
Man, that would be nightmare hard on the first run.

I should also mention the developer Tin Man Games has converted a fair amount of the classic Fighting Fantasy books into the mobile format, complete with virtual dice rolls and nice graphics. (They are available on Google Play at least.)

PeachPlumage

Cipher
Currently getting through a let's play of X-Com: Apocalypse. Now I just need to hunt down a copy for myself to play.

KK1001

Arbiter
Playing through the Thief series again and occasionally playing some Invisible Inc. Both games are great.

04892.jpg

3 years after i bought Blade of Darkness on gog i finally managed to run this game on modern system :yeah:

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
There's an EBN for it that's the tits. Sadly I couldn't get past the tanky controls :/

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom