Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What game are you wasting time on?

sser

Arcane
Developer
Steam Marines and Bionic Dues.

They're actually very similar in a lot of ways.

Not sure which one is better - they both have horrific presentation from aesthetics to the UI's. Gameplay is a mixed bag.

I was originally planning on playing HoMM1's progenitor, King's Bounty, last week but then decided to install Jagged Alliance 2, which I've bought over a year ago but never played. This is truly one of the best games I've ever played and I have the Codex to thank for putting it on my radar.
i hope you're playing it with 1.13 on. it adds soooooooooo much i would never dare to try vanilla ja2, as i never did.

Animal

Savant
Shitposter
Keeping up with my backlog of AAA.

Josie_s0sbom.jpg

Oh well... Guess she has that latino charm going hum?

:love:

But in sirius... I'm having a hard time forcing myself through it and I'm sticking to the main story.
Sometimes I think I'm playing Oblivion...

200_s.gif

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
i hope you're playing it with 1.13 on. it adds soooooooooo much i would never dare to try vanilla ja2, as i never did.
I heard that it also increases the difficulty, so I plan to install it on my second playthrough. Thanks for the recommendation, though.

Deleted member 7219

Like most of the Codex I'm playing Shadowrun: Hong Kong. Then I expect I'll be playing the Pillars of Eternity expansion, followed by Metal Gear Solid V. After that? Wasteland 2 and Divinity: OS Enhanced Editions, I reckon.

All other games (like the shit Final Fantasy 13 I am forcing myself to finish) have been put on hold while I play through the sheer amount of incline that is coming out in the next few months.

Venser

Erudite
Finished Heart of Darkness on PSX yesterday. It is a 1998 cinematic platformer from a studio lead by Éric Chahi who made Another World. It has great character design, beautiful backgrounds and amazing animation. It's also pretty hard, last level made me scream at a TV for one hour straight. The game looks pretty innocent and I guess they didn't look deeper into it when they gave it the lowest age rating. The game has pretty brutal death animations.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
I love the fact Heart of Darkness was rated E for everyone. Someone really slacked off that day. :lol:

Humppaleka

Cipher
Speaking of "of Darkness" games I just finished Throne of Darkness. A game that started out pretty promising but after a few hours just fell apart because of it's inferior level design, insane amounts of micro-managing and extremely annoying enemies. Oh and waiting. The horror of waiting for hours of the total playtime I spent on this tripe.

- Maps are all the same pretty much, straight corridors with branching paths to caves that are all pretty much exactly the same
- Sometimes you get ledges though where enemy archers or mages can fire at you and you can't even see them because of the shitty resolution
- Almost every big enemy has pretty much an insta-kill or even team-wipe spell
- KNOCK-BACK JESUS CHRIST THAT'S ANNOYING
- You have to micromanage 7 guys. That's 7 times the experience, gold, equipment, inventory, maintenance, spell use and stats from a "normal" diablolike. Not fun at all.
- You can heal and resurrect your guys at your base sort of. It takes minutes.
- You can make and repair equipment on the go. It takes minutes (repairing does take less)
- Enemy spells and effects on you (for example freeze which makes you unbearably slow) last for minutes sometimes.

I could go on but meh.

Inspectah

Savant
I liked heroes of the Storm, it is the most dumbed down shit I've ever seen, but at least it scraches the itch to play MOBAS when I don't have time to play DOTA (the matches are way shorter)

Inspectah

Savant
Trying to beat Mortal Kombat II but the game is kicking my ass.
Don't the early mortal kombats have that system that the game gets harder the more you win? I remember I once got to a point where it was literally impossible to win, the cpu would counter absolutely everything.
Reseting the game would make it easier again

Venser

Erudite
Don't the early mortal kombats have that system that the game gets harder the more you win? I remember I once got to a point where it was literally impossible to win, the cpu would counter absolutely everything.
Reseting the game would make it easier again

Don't think so. They are constantly strong until you lose and press continue, then their level drops. Like CPU would read my every move and block or counter my every hit and I'd lose. I'd press continue and suddenly I can beat it with flawless victory but then the next opponent goes back to normal right away.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I beat the PC versions of MK 1-3, and 2 was the absolutely toughest one to beat, precisely for the reason Venser mentions: The more you win, the quicker the AI responds to your keyboard inputs, to the point that the only way to beat Kintaro was to let him take the initiative and then strike back at him once you'd blocked/dodged his attacks. (That teleporting stomp was a bitch.) Shao Kahn was a pushover by comparison.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
I'm watching bannana slam jamma play bad, while I listening to Skeewer who is singing. I currently try my backup MB, which means games no longer works with old saves.

Scary stuff.

Trine: Enchanted Edition, which was like a mystery box item from GOG during some promotion. It's said to be a puzzle game, but you're never actually figuring out how to progress through levels. It's more like, which abilities do I feel like using at the moment to get through this next part?

Did the designers add the innovative feature of Difficulty to the following games in the series?

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Fallout 2 with the restoration mod. Never played with it before.

BG II
, doing the main game and then the expac.

Antharion and Shadowrun: Hong Kong every now and then.

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 because why the fuck not.

Wild ARMS 2 and Yakuza 4 when I don't want to sit at the computer.

Persona 4 on PSVita.

DOTA2 every now and then and then some old school WoW close friends. I got to play the priest because no one else wanted to.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It seems like you have my disorder. Playing-too-many-fucking-games-at-once-syndrome. So far I've been trying to reduce that.

Currently playing:

Etrian Odyssey: Untold
on 3DS. Been playing it for the better part of a year and I'm probably only halfway through. I'm thinking on setting it on normal if I want to finish it this century. So much grind.

Morrowind is pretty fun for a first-time serious playthrough. As few mods as possible, that nice watercolor mod, and I got myself a cool Mage simulator. Too bad the walking speed is slow as fuck because my character is a nerd though.

Ratchet & Clank 2: Already forgot the subtitle on PS3. They just don't make action platformers like the used to. Except when they do. Unlike Jak & Daxter, this sequel enhances the shooting, gives a lot of fun challenges, and is generally just a nice time waster in between all my RPGs.

Patapon 2 on my Vita. It's like a rhythm-based Monster Hunter. It's just so fun and adorable.

Pinball Arcade / Pinball FX on my PC when I feel like it. I also hate money, apparently.

EDIT: Forgot I was also playing Commandos: Beyond the Call of Duty on PC. 2 words: Fuckin' Brutal.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom