Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What game are you wasting time on?

pippin

Couldn't be assed to fire up ASS BROTOCOLZ, but I did reinstall Dead State, played a couple hours of hardcore mode and so far so good! Should keep me entertained 'til SR:HK at least.

i gotta say alpha protocol is not as good as new vegas... it has obsidian writing, but gameplay leaves a lot to be desired. i haven't finished it yet, but i might do that in the near future.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
I'm playing this. (After I hacked my PS3. And I tell you Rebug is superior system to what Sony originally planned for it.)
art-005.jpg

yakuza-3-20090219032651250.jpg

Then I plan this.

2014-08-12-003915.jpg

And I'm in middle of this.

Humppaleka

Cipher
Playing Mark of Chaos: Battle March. Finished Orks& Night Elf campaing, currently, playing the Empire campaing.
Is p. good. Although too easy sometimes.
I didn't get the Battle March to work properly, the new textures were all plain white for me which made it horrible to play.

i went back to warframe after having tried the beta. the game was already "rule of cool over 9000!", now it's the real epitome of the rule of cool.
unfortunately i soon hit a wall made of "you won't progress if you don't build stuff / you can't build stuff until you progress". a shame because i was enjoying my time with it.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
i went back to warframe after having tried the beta. the game was already "rule of cool over 9000!", now it's the real epitome of the rule of cool.
unfortunately i soon hit a wall made of "you won't progress if you don't build stuff / you can't build stuff until you progress". a shame because i was enjoying my time with it.

Yep. that's why I went with ME3 co-op instead.
I really don't feel the need to wait 24 hours just to craft something.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Luzur simulator. I feel a little dirty playing as Swedes, but the Carolus campaign is pretty decent so far. (Picture is from random skirmish, not campaign)

q2sFNGs.jpg

A few battles later and it's the Swedes on the receiving end of my mighty prussian cavalry! :incline:

Sbt7qVr.jpg

Losing the hill and getting charged in the flank did not go well for the vaunted swedish salvo shot footmen :smug:
iag16h8.jpg

Time to face my archnemesis!
s4zQy22.jpg

Things get a bit hairy as the fight turns into a moshpit. the plan was for my infantry to hold the line while my cavalry flanked. instead my cavalry chased after routed units while my infantry got hammered. Then when we finlly got our cavalry back, our infantry decided to break formation to chase fleeing swedes as well. :argh:
GXPKEoT.jpg

:smug:
2ptFNeI.jpg

Pretty interesting game overall. The mechanics are simple enough. (move, rotate, shoot, charge. bonuses for terrain, flanking an dmorale) but your troops have an annoying habit of getting excited when an enemy breaks and chasing after them. Which more often than not pulled my pursuing units out of position where it took several turns to bring them back into the fight. Or worse - charged in their flank while they were chasing!

Last edited:
I'm playing Oblivion and want it to be over, but instead I tried the Shivering Isles to add on even more ridiculous hours. And I don't even mod.

I'm also playing The Raven, which really should've just been a book, and was already like fifty books written by Agatha Christie. 'S alright though. The character switch in Chapter 2 was like Eva Amurri sitting on your face and then unleashing a Chipotle fart though.

Puukko

Arcane
Assassin's Creed IV multiplayer. Reached Prestige 1 and I'll probably keep playing for as long as it's active.
Battlefield 4. Grabbed Premium on sale and I think I'll grow to like this game as I get better at it.
Stalker SoC with Autumn Aurora. Liking it so far.

Yep. that's why I went with ME3 co-op instead.
I really don't feel the need to wait 24 hours just to craft something.
that's not what i meant. i just haven't access to the materials needed, they need to be farmed on planets i can't reach until i build this new stuff which requires advanced materials to be built.

RK47

Patron
Same deal, I don't like crafting.
Never, ever enjoyed crafting. There shd just be one crafting material called credits. And that's why I don't like it.

RK47

Patron
I can totally understand if the crafting had less involved with 'tedium' and more onto 'I killed a dragon, now what do I do with the scales or bones?' decision making.
I never understood the appeal behind 'there is Type A Grade 1 needing Component X grade 2 and Component Y grade 1 with optional Component Z to improve chance of hitting High Grade Craft at 25%. Without it, you run risk of failing the craft process and end up with nothing. Don't you just love MMORPG complexities?'

It's not fun and unnecessary.
Crafting done right should revolve on less hassle but more meaningful decision making based on limited resource. Hence most games can just destroy all that bullshit and turn all materials into what I said earlier: Cash. Credit. Gold. Or limited special resources, so there's a finite amount of that in your game, gamers please decide what to do with it.

Sjukob

Arcane
The whole Warframe is retarded , I can't believe I spent 550 hours on it . Well I kinda liked it in 2013 , but then they screwed it over , fuck this game , seriously . At least I don't play it anymore .

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
A friend of mine played Warframe too much and I played it with him now and then for about 20 or so hours a few years ago, until it just got way too boring grinding the very samey levels over and over. I don't really care playing games that feel like chores. I tried it again a few months ago when he said there's a lot of new stuff. One of the new things was that they had redone the menu to fit the consoles. And on PC it was complete and utter shit as expected. That combined with the retarded spaceship, which was all form and no function, made even the most basic tasks pointlessly time consuming and incredibly annoying.

press esc, select function you need. no need to even take a step insiede the however very small ship.

crafting is not the problem, the horrible grind often tied to crafting is. i fondly remember anarchy online's crafting, it wasn't a matter of finding huge stacks but the right components you needed. it required a lot of knowledge, in game and out of game, so components were rarely expensive while the finished products were. damn, good times.

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
Pressing esc(which is still an extra click to actually get anywhere) doesn't help when the menus(especially mods, foundry and navigation) are horrible to use with a mouse and keyboard as they were completely designed for a gamepad in mind and to be looked from further away. Huge UI elements that reduce the ability to actually show anything useful and low click efficiency to get shit done.

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I've been playing (already forgotten) AAA first-person shooters like Bulletstorm, The Darkness II, Singularity and the Syndicate reboot.
i just don't know anymore

Alfons

Prophet
Same deal, I don't like crafting.
Never, ever enjoyed crafting. There shd just be one crafting material called credits. And that's why I don't like it.
Me neither, bur because of one simple fact. It seems like most games which implement crafting make it too fucking good. It makes exploration, looting, and scavenging feel obsolete.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
But you need materials and rare recipes for crafting. You can't get them without exploration, looting, and scavenging.

Alfons

Prophet
But you need materials and rare recipes for crafting. You can't get them without exploration, looting, and scavenging.
I suppose that depends on the game. Most of the games I played require you to buy most of e components. By looting and scavenging I meant looting and scavenging actual items. That awesome looking sword or gun is almost always worse than the stuff you can make yourself.

Animal

Savant
Shitposter
+1 for motion to ban all crafting and gathering of senseless herbs and minerals from games!

disgusted014.gif

No Great Name

Arcane
Playing The Banner Saga right now. So far it's been somewhat easy, but it does feel pretty bad when one of my fighters, whom I've been building up to be a powerhouse, dies because he fell off a cliff.

Ninjerk

Arcane
Playing The Banner Saga right now. So far it's been somewhat easy, but it does feel pretty bad when one of my fighters, whom I've been building up to be a powerhouse, dies because he fell off a cliff.
I know the event you're talking about. Basically if you don't give into the sadness of the story and avoid any choices with an optimistic outcome you should be good. Make sure to do random things like lick godstones or w/e and you'll get items haha.
:greatjob:

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
I finished the Roland campaign in HoMM2 a few weeks ago (449 days), then started HoMM1 and finished the Knight campaign (673 days; wasted time building up troops in a few scenarios). The final scenario in both was challenging but enjoyable.

I was originally planning on playing HoMM1's progenitor, King's Bounty, last week but then decided to install Jagged Alliance 2, which I've bought over a year ago but never played. This is truly one of the best games I've ever played and I have the Codex to thank for putting it on my radar.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom