Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What game are you wasting time on?

Rabbid

Savant
^ You should combine the two games you mentioned and play Xenonauts now. I don't see Psychogears being an option :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

Jackalope

Arcane
Cosmonauica
A very light space game that's parts FTL and parts Startopia. It's OK, but it gets repetative real quick, the UI is crappy and there are some big bugs here and there. I really want to love this game, but I have some problems with it.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Witcher 3 is my GOTY. Meaning it will probably take me until the end of the year to finish it. I am only level 15, having started the game shortly after release.

I have also started Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands to give my son more opportunity to watch 'the jumping man', but he does not like it as much as he did the 2008 version of PoP (mostly because there is no pretty lady in FS).

On the mobile front, Tales of Illyria: Beyond The Iron Wall turns out to be even better than the original and is great fun when sitting on the toilet at work.

Alfons

Prophet
Too bad, sounds great.

I'm still playing FEAR, no idea how far into the game I am, just battled some flying drones that cost me most of my ammo.
The length od FEAR depends more on skill than on actual game length, the game is pretty short. Once you figure out that most situations are solved by run in, slow mo, shotgun you should go through the rest of the game quickly. Those drones can also be killed with a few shotgun blasts.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Finished today Might&Magic: World of Xeen. Boy, that was a ride... for treasures and adventures. Well, not much treasures when training eat all your gold.
No idea which was the highest level in my team because they were so overleveled and flatout broken (when you start the trainings) it's not even funny. Sure I could sleep for few days but went "nah" way.
Oh, and average age was...26? 28? People shouldn't be worried about this thing, really.
Some things didn't played well. Like sarcophagus in Norther Sphinx can't be opened despite 200 Str (based on the cluebook - you need 100 Str to open them).
iJJIJxaxrpyig.jpg

Other highscores
CoX
i57ky0h9BL4yc.jpg

DorX
iU41CaYc8jKnq.jpg

What next? Either M&M3 Isles of Terra or M&M9. No, I'm not kidding. Even with fan patch 1.3 it still get gamebreaking bugs but that won't stop me from taking it.

But let's get a break and finally reach new city in ToEE that come with Circle of Eight - New Content 8.1.0 (no updates since last year so why not do it already).
I remember that I dropped the game after fight with Zuggtomy, probably because these Planes messed with me too much.

Last edited:

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Call me an idiot (I am, everyone knows this) but I had a -reasonable- amount of fun with the irredeemable pile of shit that is M&M 9. Good luck.

murloc_gypsy

Cipher
Finished NWN 2 MotB at long last. Started playing it a while back, but I put it off. I kinda agree with the KKK
Kodex Kritical Konsensus
on this one that, yes, it's got great story and characters. Unfortunately all of those are covered in tons of Aurora engine horseshit. My god that engine did not age gracefully. So many bugs and wonky controls. That camera is especially atrocious to use. I also had some bugs where after resting I would wake up with all my party member missing. It also crashed to desktop a couple of times. The effects and animations are also quite a pain to look at some times. Even more so when you're in a big ass battle with several high level wizards casting all sorts of colourful spells. Could hardly wait to get it over with it so I could uninstall this abomination.

Yes, good story still. Probably the best I've seen in a D&D game with the Faerun setting.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
No.
Same with Barkman in the Temple of Bark. And didn't pay a visit in Dragon Cave (the one you go with magic mirror cheat for money) and Dungeon of Death.

What Darth Roxor said. Last time I played I didn't beat the MegaDragon, but the only other place I skipped fights was the penultimate dungeon with all the Energy Dragons and crap, because that is one annoying dungeon and I was just done with the game.

Abhay

Augur
Currently playing Deus ex with GMDX Mod! What a superb mod!! Hats off to the creator in making the game so much fun and challenging.
Also started Silent Storm and Far cry 2 out, both are amazing games. I am waiting for the Gothc 2 Requiem mod to complete. Looks really promising.
I would like to know, if any one can suggest a mod for Gothic 2 that improves the magic system and makes playing Mage a lot better than the shitty vanilla one?

Sjukob

Arcane
I would like to know, if any one can suggest a mod for Gothic 2 that improves the magic system and makes playing Mage a lot better than the shitty vanilla one?
If you happen to know russian , there is a global mod called "returning". As far as I know it wasn't translated to any other language . It adds a lot of things , some of changes I find stupid , but others are very nice .

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Gothic 3, Spam Fireball Edition.
Otherwise wait for G2 Requiem which improve gameplay and combat. Found no info about magic imrpovements though (except new spells).

If you happen to know russian , there is a global mod called "returning". As far as I know it wasn't translated to any other language . It adds a lot of things , some of changes I find stupid , but others are very nice .
Bullshit.
Gothic mods are popular in german caliphate, Potato and modrorusia, so you can always count on translated versions here.

Ovplain

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex
Still playing New Vegas, beat it once and I started an immediate replay!:O Ignored this game 'til now and I'm sorry I did. It's not Fallout 1, no. But it's clearly insanely better than that blasphemous pile of excrement that was FO3.

I am currently also installing 'ASS BROTOCOLZ!' After this positive experience with New Vegas I'm thinking that one might be good too. Fingers crossed.:S

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Still playing New Vegas, beat it once and I started an immediate replay!:O Ignored this game 'til now and I'm sorry I did. It's not Fallout 1, no. But it's clearly insanely better than that blasphemous pile of excrement that was FO3.

I am currently also installing 'ASS BROTOCOLZ!' After this positive experience with New Vegas I'm thinking that one might be good too. Fingers crossed.:S
Alpha Protocol is a game I also replayed soon after beating. Might as well... :bounce:

flyingjohn

Arcane
Dude, you are fucked in the head.
I would gladly love to hear why do you think any of my points are wrong,instead of writing edgy generic one liners.
Both of the games have been heavily criticized in the game play department on the codex.

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
Still playing through Geneforge 2. Not a game i can spend a lot of time on in a single sitting, but slowly working through it and am enjoying it - thought not as much as Geneforge 1.

Also started playing Blood Omen Legacy of Kain, after finally getting it working thanks to http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/unofficial-patches-for-pc-games.90431/

Aaaand I've reinstalled Thief 1 and 2 and VTMB.

And have been playing some Mount and Blade Napoleonic Wars

I really need to focus on finishing one game at a time

Ninjerk

Arcane
Still playing through Geneforge 2. Not a game i can spend a lot of time on in a single sitting, but slowly working through it and am enjoying it - thought not as much as Geneforge 1.

Also started playing Blood Omen Legacy of Kain, after finally getting it working thanks to http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/unofficial-patches-for-pc-games.90431/

Aaaand I've reinstalled Thief 1 and 2 and VTMB.

And have been playing some Mount and Blade Napoleonic Wars

I really need to focus on finishing one game at a time
Say things about Blood Omen pls

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom