Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What game are you wasting time on?

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Just finished Atelier Rorona. I had Cornelia ending on first try. Amazing stuff.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Playing Dota 2 with a group of four other friends. I suck balls and every game we lose is because of me. I have a record of 6W and 7L.

Then I am playing two games that are the complete opposite.

Titan Quest - Mindlessly click on stuff until it dies. If there was more vareity in the enemy types, this would probably be my favorite h&s game.

LYNE - Prepare to get mindfucked on some levels.

rohand

Cipher
Wasting time with FO2 again.

Had forgotten how fun was to be obliterated by the random Enclave patrol around Navarro. :D

murloc_gypsy

Cipher
Finished Thief Deadly Shadows yesterday. Played the last couple of mission on Expert difficulty. Amazing experience, all in all. I'm now playing Thief 1. It's the last game of the series (*) I haven't finished. The Metal Age was my favorite thus far. These games are incredibly immersive and awe-inspiring. Just finished the crypt level (Mission 3?) and had a total blast getting lost through those intricate tunnels. And the fact that you have just some rough sketches of a map only makes even more riveting and engaging. After I'm done with this one, I'll probably be switching over to some mission packs in The Dark Mod.

* No, Thi4f does not count.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
After buying Rise of Nations during the last Steam stale, I started doing the campaigns. God i missed these games where there is still base building.

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Base building is for chumps. Real time tactics is where its at, Ground Control, Myth, Men of War, etc.

pippin

Finished Bloodlines. Played as a Tremere and got the Camarilla ending.
It feels so good to kick Lacroix's ass.

T. Reich

Arcane
I'm wrapping up my (first ever) FONV run, a completist one.
150 hours in, expect to sink circa 10-15 more.

Just in time for PoE: Awakening expansion, woot!

Humppaleka

Cipher
Monthly report: Playing Age of Empires, Throne of Darkness and The Secret World actively.

MoW: AS2 with friends online, Hearts of Iron 3 every now and then when I feel like it.

Rarely Might & Magic I on my laptop when I'm on the move.

Offtopic: Tried Men of War for maybe two hours. It sucked some major ass. Is it a good game or can I just safely skip the first one and play Assault Squad(s) for skirmish action and Vietnam/Red Tide/ Condemned Heroes for single-player?

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Men of War and Faces of War for single player, Assault Squad for multiplayer, avoid Red Tide/ Vietnam / Condemened.

spekkio

Arcane
Owned Dungeon of the Endless

Finished on "Too Easy" (normal) difficulty mode. "Easy" (hard) is fucking impossible IMO.

Pros:
- Interesting mix of game concepts (roguelike, rpg character progression and equipment, tower defense, RTS) and mechanics (TB exploration and resources progress + RTWP combat).
- You really have to git good in order to survive. Learning new ways of staying alive is fun and gives you dem feels of achievement.
- Basic gameplay is challenging and satisfactory.

Cons:
- Game is unbalanced: "too easy" is very easy, turning into "challenging" in later levels (10-12), "easy" is impossible starting from level 7-8.
- Once your research everything you need, one of resources (science) becomes redundant
- Some heroes, minor modules and parts of equipment are 99% superior to others.
- Gameplay relies too much on the main resource (dust): if you get random dust bonus, your situation in the level will significantly improve (less spawns). On the other hand, if some fag reaches your dungeon heart crystal and you loose some dust, you're screwed.

tl;dr

:4/5:

spekkio

Arcane
Did any of you actually play this game on "Easy"? Or are you talking out of your asses, like most of the time?

:roll:

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
The game is not so hard, compared to FTL for example. I needed about 5 tries to succeed (on "easy", for the first spaceship). I never played on "Very easy". If you fastly get the upgardes for modules that raise incomes, then you can spam the researches and towers. If I remember right, I didn't level-up my heroes and bought new ones instead.

Last edited:

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
I was just going off my experience of that time you played FFT and gave up on an 'impossible' fight I then loaded up and beat on my first try, even with your poorly thought out team.

spekkio

Arcane
Spergs gonna sperg... :roll:

I was just going off my experience of that time you played FFT and gave up on an 'impossible' fight I then loaded up and beat on my first try, even with your poorly thought out team.
AFAIR even you admitted that FFT 1.3 is enjoyable only for people who know the system and AI's quirks like a back of their mutant third hand. And my team wasn't "poorly thought out" but created according to users' decisions (LP thread).

As for the DoTE, during my play I was always trying to open all doors on each level, which isn't the best idea if you want to survive. The moment I started using more and more weird tactics, like these:

mhc said:
Knew all those protips, but I've got another one for you. Monsters won't spawn in unpowered rooms that a hero is in. So if for example you've got 4 heroes you can part 3 of 'em in unpowered rooms while the 4th goes and pops a door. The dark room spawns are a bit staggered though, so leave the guys in the dark rooms for a good few seconds before moving them out.

Additionally you can get even more pro with that by having 3 dudes in dark rooms and have the room adjacent to the room you're going to open dark. Then as soon as the door you just opened opens and your hero runs in, immediately move him back to the dark room he came from. Should be fast enough (Likely even with slowbies like Gork) to prevent dark room spawns in there.

Or fooling around with enabling/disabling certain rooms before opening new door, I realised it is no longer fun, but work. So I switched to "too easy".

Last edited:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Tomb Raider 2, played demo more than decade ago, wanted to finally play that game. Bough last unit of Tomb Raider Ultimate Collection (really Ultimate, they even have addons, including Lost Artifact but no 2013 but fuck that popamole).
P. refreshing after suffering trough some FPS overrated garbages.
And because people cried about shooting wild animals - they dropped more hoomans to shoot. :roll:
Really like character control, which is not streamlined, thanks to the Prince of Persia: sands of times.
So far, found nearly all secrets in levels (I'm in the 8 out of 15 level)

ToEE with Circle of Eight, last version - 8.1.0 NC, this time will make better party (ranger, bard). I always use small party whenever I can, but going through the Temple with small group of 4, filled with bugbears... stop! Focus on the new city, that's awaiting for you.

pippin

Alpha Protocol.
I think I'm getting used to the horrid hacking minigame, and the dialogue wheel is still a mystery to me. But there's so much going on and the characters are so awesome that I'm looking past the mediocre controls and actually having a good time.

latest

Do it for her.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom