Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What game are you wasting time on?

pippin

Tomb Raider 2013 - game's not really bad and I must say new Lara is cute, but she never shuts up. My problem is not the bland dialogue, since it can be easily ignored, but the fact that most of the times she's panting. Does she really runs out of breath that easily? The actions of the game happen in what seem to be a couple of days, but outside the small tutorial, she never feels hunger again. Way to waste what could be a fun mechanic. The funniest thing is those little gasps she makes when discovering new enemies. It's like she has severe hiccups every time you enter a combat scenario.

Also I keep dying and dying in Neo Scavenger. Currently I have two plastic bags and a handmade sack, but I'm getting really hungry, and last time I tried to eat some berries I shat my guts out, so I'm not doing that again. We'll see what happens.

Eddas

Learned
Bought the X-COM pack on steam. Getting my butt kicked with Terror from the Deep and downloading OpenXCOM right now. Enjoying the shit out of this pack.

Eddas

Learned
Also I keep dying and dying in Neo Scavenger. Currently I have two plastic bags and a handmade sack, but I'm getting really hungry, and last time I tried to eat some berries I shat my guts out, so I'm not doing that again. We'll see what happens.

Always take herbalism (or whatever is the name of that skill) so you can tell the difference between good and bad food. It's pretty useful, especially early game.

Ovplain

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex
Giving Pillars ov Eternity another shot.:S I actually feel bad for not being able to enjoy it, I keep thinking I really SHOULD.:S Fingers crossed shit'll just 'click' this time around.:|

Trodat

Arcane
Patron
Giving Pillars ov Eternity another shot.:S I actually feel bad for not being able to enjoy it, I keep thinking I really SHOULD.:S Fingers crossed shit'll just 'click' this time around.:|

Well, it doesn't get any better as the game progresses. Actually the early game is fairly good but then it goes downhill pretty fast.

circ

Arcane
Played about an hour of THE FOARS UNLEASHED II - NO LESASH THEN?

Damn. It made me lightheaded for some reason. Anyway, I turned up the graphics to max, set resolution to 1080p and it looks like a PS2 game from circa 2005, not 2010. I googled if it was supposed to look this bad and YEA. Read about some console apologists saying it looks amazing on a HUEG TV LOL BET YOU CANT AFFORD A HUEG TV LOL NOOB. Yeah. Bet you can't afford a PC. Couple that with the fact that it's FUCKING BOOORING. I remember Jedi Knight, mostly playing that in MP but SP too and I'm pretty sure I had fun with that. This is... like a run of the mill console game with bad graphics to boot. FUck you Lucas do you design the games too?

pippin

I saw some videos of the first game and it features lightsaber duels with fucking QTEs, that enough should be a reason to not play the game. Until the Humble Star Wars bundle from some months ago I didn't even knew these games existed.

Soph

Educated
C&C: Red Alert, after winning a bet with my nephew about there being a giant ant campaign included within the game, I couldn't help replaying some campaigns and missions.

Blonsky

Prophet
Bound by Flame
Somebody made a very mediocre game and then added crafting, NPC relationships, demon powers and other shit to turn this game into crap.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
I just managed to get from 55 trust to 78 in 62 days in Rorona, and still managed to fulfill the assignment.

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
C&C: Red Alert, after winning a bet with my nephew about there being a giant ant campaign included within the game, I couldn't help replaying some campaigns and missions.
There is WHAT ?! LOL!

Currently playing F.E.A.R. and giving PoE more time, deciding between Daedric's hold or Caed Nua (yeah I don't know how to write)

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
The ant secret campaign is only in the Counterstrike expansion pack.

I remember that campaign was rough as hell, too, because the ants are all reasonably tough, keep storming your base (that usually starts as damaged) and have a unit that spits flame, which is absolutely devastating.

Soph

Educated
There is WHAT ?! LOL!

His face was classic throughout the confrontation, from the clicking on the jukebox in the startmenu to get to the secret campaign.. to the first cinematic ending into the gi-ant appearing on top of the hill.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
*checks C&C FAQ*

There are two ways to get the Dinosaurs in C&C. The easiest way, if you have the Covert Operations disk is to run C&C with the "funpark" option, and to select either GDI or Nod as your transmission. If you do not have the Covert Operations mission disk, you will need to visit Andrew Griffin's Internet webpage and download some hacking utilities.

The dinosaur movies are only available with the Covert Operations mission disk.

There are four dinosaur units: the Tyrannosaurus Rex, Velociraptor, Stegosaurus and Triceratops. There seems to have been a fourth team inmultiplayer mode after GDI, Nod and civilians, called JP, obviously for Jurassic Park.
Their bite is great against infantry, and they can squish all the soft targets (including walls and sandbags), but they aren't that good againstheavy tank armor.

Quilty

Magister
Been spending some time setting up FSX and X-Plane 10. I've never been into civil aviation, mostly into DCS modules, but I grabbed them both in the Steam sale since I'd had my eye on them for a while.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom