Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What game are you wasting time on?

DramaticPopcorn

Never understood why would anyone play HoMM 2 since 3 is improvement in pretty much every department.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Never understood why would anyone play HoMM 2 since 3 is improvement in pretty much every department.

Some people play for the story (there was thread where someone promised to play all HoM&M in right order, don't remember if that include M&M RPGs)? For completionist sake?

Naraya

Arcane
Tastes differ - for example, I prefer HoM&M2 graphics over HoM&M3. Plus I've played HoM&M3 to death already. Also - nostalgia factor.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
HoMM 3 is better than HoMM 2 is all respects except maybe the artwork, but still I think it's great fun and worth (re)playing.
There are also some great user made maps that are much better than than the original maps.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
HoMM2 is also simpler. Some people are content with "only" 6 factions.

HoMM2's music and artstyle is also another factor, but that can go under the nostalgia hat.

Personally I'm an advocate of newcomers to HoMM starting with the first one, progressing to 2 and then on to the third game. From there they can choose whether they proceed onwards (at their own risk) or stay and enjoy one of the better strategy games out there.

Ovplain

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex
Finally got tired of Football Manager 2014 after six full fucking seasons.:S Burned myself out so I'm done with that monster for a couple of months.

I have been playing Shadowrun Returns for the past couple of hours. Dunno, just felt like playing it again. No, it's not DragonFall, but it has the sweet art style, it has the cool, little story and fantastic atmosphere.<3 Can't. Fucking. Wait. For. SR:HK.:(

ultimanecat

Arcane
Bought Ninja Gaiden Sigma and Sigma 2 for my PS3 since I haven't played the original on Xbox for years, and never played the sequels (though I hear NG3 is crappy anyway).

Playing through one after the other, but at some point in the past decade or so I've developed some button-mashing tendencies that I need to beat out of me.

pippin

Finally got tired of Football Manager 2014 after six full fucking seasons.:S Burned myself out so I'm done with that monster for a couple of months.

I have been playing Shadowrun Returns for the past couple of hours. Dunno, just felt like playing it again. No, it's not DragonFall, but it has the sweet art style, it has the cool, little story and fantastic atmosphere.<3 Can't. Fucking. Wait. For. SR:HK.:(

Me too! :D
I installed some fanmade campaigns for SRR, but I don't feel they're as good as the original ones, though

PeachPlumage

Cipher
Watching and listening to potatojohn's Jagged Alliance 2 play through on youtube. :cool:
edit- I forgot that I started the genesis version of Shadowrun on my dingoo this morning. My memory sucks!

Last edited:

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Red Dead Redemption on the PS3. It's... okay. The wild west atmosphere is good, the writing is decent, and the visuals are nice but in terms of actual content it feels rather anemic. Dueling and bounty hunting can be fun but beyond that none of the optional stuff is particularly interesting, leaving you to do only the story missions and the occasional side quest that pops up.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Finishing playing Technobabylon. LOVE the setting (Cyberpunk futuristic setting). And I really like the Trance and Meatspace puzzles where you switch between them.

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I've been on a Marathon marathon ever since I realized naming yourself after a character from a videogame series you haven't even completed is fairly retarded.
So far the I've completed the first game. Gameplay is fun, and the story is interesting. The level design can get ridiculous at times, with the mazes, puzzles, and platforming. Here's to hoping Durandal and Infinity will avoid this.

pippin

Played and finished The Darkness 2. It's 5 hours long but it somehow feels appropiate. The characters were nice, and of course it has Mike Patton.
Might do NG+ and the Vendettas. The ending is fucked up though, I hope they do a third game.
All in all, a fun little game.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Finishing playing Technobabylon. LOVE the setting (Cyberpunk futuristic setting). And I really like the Trance and Meatspace puzzles where you switch between them.
How is the gameplay? How does it compare to Blackwell and Gemini Rue in general?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
How is the gameplay? How does it compare to Blackwell and Gemini Rue in general?

Basically the same? It is pretty much a good Wadjeteye game. I'm not quite sure what specifically you are asking.

Anyways completely stumped on some puzzle in Technobabylon so switched over to The Talos Principle. I REALLY REALLY like this game. It is basically logic puzzles all within a 3D engine and uses physics, line of site and other various ways to solve the "puzzles". Setting is also interesting.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Anyways completely stumped on some puzzle in Technobabylon so switched over to The Talos Principle. I REALLY REALLY like this game. It is basically logic puzzles all within a 3D engine and uses physics, line of site and other various ways to solve the "puzzles". Setting is also interesting.

It caught my interest back when it was released, it had a playable demo and a mini-game released alongside it, and the mini-game gives you codes that unlock journal entries in the game.

It looked interesting and all, but what bothered me the most is that the Serious Engine is not really suited for platforming on the level that this game seemed to require. This severely hampers freeform solutions to some of the puzzles and effectively killed all of my interest in it.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
what what bothered me the most is that the Serious Engine is not really suited for platforming on the level that this game seemed to require. This severely hampers freeform solutions to some of the puzzles and effectively killed all of my interest in it.

It's not a platformer puzzle game. It's a logic puzzle game. You wanted a game where you jump around to solve puzzles?

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
No, but the game seemed to want me to go to hard-to-reach places a couple of times. At least the demo did.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
I will probably be getting into Dirty Bomb because it's the closest to Quake Wars: ET that we currently have, and Tribes is dead and full of hacks.

It's tragic that Quake Wars, an 8-year-old game, looks better than Dirty Bomb, has vastly more features, gameplay depth, amazing level architecture, and was completely fucked over by the median retarded IQ of the gaming populace. I loved that game, and even wrote fan fiction for it and won a prize.

Renegen

Arcane
When I played Quake Wars I thought it was a simple cash-in on the Tribes phenomenom, how things have changed.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Basically the same? It is pretty much a good Wadjeteye game. I'm not quite sure what specifically you are asking.
Basically if it has any puzzles at all, so you've answered my question :P

I looked up Talos Principle and this seems interesting too, thanks for the recommendation.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I looked up Talos Principle and this seems interesting too, thanks for the recommendation.

For me, I just watched like a few minutes of the very beginning of a Let's Play and when I saw the kind of puzzles it had, that hooked me right away, maybe give it a watch too. They do increase in complexity, and various new objects that you will need to interact with (like boxes, lenses and fans). The lens puzzles are my favorites so far.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom