Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What game are you wasting time on?

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Reading the scorchy LP is a better experience, IMO.

Deleted member 7219

Indeed it does, and it gets better with every play through.

There is nothing tactical or monocled about the combat, but similar criticisms can be levelled at Torment.

Where KOTOR 2 excels is its story, its characters and its influence system, which changes the companions quite substantially depending on the path you take and how you interact with them.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Eh dunno, don't think I have Stronghold Crusader no regret.
This one though came in a bundle, so.

Garryydde

Arcane
Patron
Douchebag! Repressed Homosexual
Been playing a bit of Fortress Forever. It's like the pest parts of Team Fortress 1 and 2 put together without any of the bullshit. It's also completely free available to download as a mod or from Steam.

Modron

Arcane
Still plugging my way through BG2 SoA kind of running out of steam, cleared through chapter 6 and currently working on Watcher's keep. Not enough motivation, I clear a floor then go do other shit for hours until I feel like completing another one...

aryianna

Barely Literate
Avalon: The Legend Lives .... since it's never ending I keep plugging away. I have my consoles but they just don't interest me

Starwars

Arcane
Playing A Golden Wake which I think I got as part of some bundle (was always midly interested in it). It's... alright. The setting and subject matter is different and kinda refreshing, though it also feels very laid back as there is no real conflict or anything driving stuff. The game also feels way too easy. Writing is simple, down to earth and pretty enjoyable.

It's a nice little game but I'm glad I didn't pay more for it.

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Just finished The Last Of Us. Even borrowed a PS3 for it.
21 hours of really great entertainment, sometimes extremely dark too. There were moments when the game literally left me speechless with the horrible shit happening, and not just in the intro.
Gameplay was nothing new, but this was the first time that I really felt rewarded for crafting and loot hunting in a console game and I thought that the gameplay really added to the mood and narrative.
But they overdid it with the number of human enemies, some of these groups I disposed of felt more like whole armies.
Still, nice mix of survival horror and action, with many combat zones big enough to try out different approaches if the one I used before became boring. The AI was quite competent too but still fairly easy to beat thanks to Bat view sonar vision mode.
The story, characters and dialogues are unexpectedly mature and smart for a game, am not used to that level of game writing. ... But then again I play way too much fantasy shit. ^^

Anyway, will continue playing through the Baldur's Gate Trilogy now :M.
Someone gimme a headsup when these rebalance patches for D:OS, Wasteland 2 and Dead State are out. If they even make it before UnderRail will blow them all out of the water.

Last edited:

Starwars

Arcane
Finshed up A Golden Wake. A lot of nice ideas in that game, quite fresh, but the execution was lacking. And it was way too easy.

Decided to replay Primordia. Only reaffirms my earlier thoughts on it, without a doubt one of the best adventure games ever. Easily stands up to the old classics, it really is a wonderful game.

Ninjerk

Arcane
Finshed up A Golden Wake. A lot of nice ideas in that game, quite fresh, but the execution was lacking. And it was way too easy.

Decided to replay Primordia. Only reaffirms my earlier thoughts on it, without a doubt one of the best adventure games ever. Easily stands up to the old classics, it really is a wonderful game.
I installed it the other day. Probably give it a run soon.

Modron

Arcane
Finished off Throne of Bhaal (probably beat the whole series in between 4-5 of Micoselva's solo LP updates) probably won't play the BGs ever again.

Moved on to Anachronox because I don't think I actually ever completed it back when it came out. I forgot how much backtracking you do in the first sequence on Anachronox (Gives ME citadel a run for its' money in regards to elevator usage). Currently at Sendar station area which hopefully will not contain so much back and forth.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Finished off Throne of Bhaal (probably beat the whole series in between 4-5 of Micoselva's solo LP updates) probably won't play the BGs ever again.

Moved on to Anachronox because I don't think I actually ever completed it back when it came out. I forgot how much backtracking you do in the first sequence on Anachronox (Gives ME citadel a run for its' money in regards to elevator usage). Currently at Sendar station area which hopefully will not contain so much back and forth.

IIRC, it doesn't. There are, however, at least two other "hub" areas with some back-tracking, though I don't think they're as bad as Anachronox.

Ivan

Arcane
Knights of the Old Republic 2

FD2A19AEE5575C34151040C55C31CCAF7BA343CA

aside from shit combat, boring quest design, this game is worthwhile because of Kreia. Seldom does it happen that I want to learn more from a character, not of. The companions were ok (10 is a huge number, I would have preferred 5 with added depth). all in all, the game is saved by its strong cast of companions. okay/10

idk what exactly the cut content mod added, but the hK47 droid quest was fucking horrible.

I tried to give Kreia a double-bladed lightsaber once (which is 2 handed in KotOR), forgetting she had her left hand cut off early in the game. The game stopped me. That was pretty awkward. But yeah she's an awesome companion.

Blonsky

Prophet
Greed: Black Border
Sci-fi Hack'n'slash diablo clone.
The game is really bad in the begining(enemies are health bloobs, almost no equipment drops and surviving depends on jumping/dodgining atacks) but it gets better once you find the trader, buy a decent weapon and finally start puting some points into offensive skills. Maps look pretty good and have that diablo vibe (alot of dead ends and getting confused about what is the right way). Other then that there are not alot different enemy types and movement/shooting takes getting used to.
Not sure will i finish it, im starting to get diablo pain in my clicking hand.

A horse of course

Still plugging my way through BG2 SoA kind of running out of steam, cleared through chapter 6 and currently working on Watcher's keep. Not enough motivation, I clear a floor then go do other shit for hours until I feel like completing another one...

Watcher's Queef is built specifically for players who enjoy dungeon crawling/megadungeons. It's totally optional and has no relation to the main quest. Also, its meant for ToB-level parties.

Naraya

Arcane

Watcher's Queef is built specifically for players who enjoy dungeon crawling/megadungeons. It's totally optional and has no relation to the main quest. Also, its meant for ToB-level parties.
That's exactly how I feel. I finished SoA+ToB without touching Watcher's Keep even once, I somehow missed it on the map completely. Then I've reloaded my last save and went there to check it out - couldn't stomach going past the 2nd level, it's that boring.

GhostBadger

Playing Borderlands on Nvidia's GRID service on an Nvidia Shield Tablet.

I knew next to nothing about this game and missed most of the past 15 years of Windows and Xbox games. Borderlands is surprisingly less boring than I expected due to the RP features, missions and ability to freely roam around areas looking for trouble.

I am up to a level 11 Hunter character, just got to where you can drive the vehicles, maybe 20 missions in. The sniper rifle business plus the Bloodwing attack bird is cool.

More background on the Shield Tablet and GRID:

I recently got fed up with my troublesome Nexus 7 (2nd gen) Android tablet and replaced it with an Nvidia Shield Tablet. Thinking this would be a decent upgrade in several ways like going from a 7 to 8 inch screen size. I also got one of their wireless game controllers and an HDMI cable to see what's what with games on this bad boy on a 1080p TV.

Games have been VERY impressive. There are native ports, so far I've tried out Portal and Half-Life 2. Even more impressive is the GRID where the games are being run on their servers, controller signals sent up to them and graphics/sound communicated back down to your tablet. Sounds crazy but it works very well on my relatively shit 20 down/2 up broadband and using 802.11n 5GHz wireless in the house to the tablet.

The GRID is about to become a monthly subscription service (still free for now while in beta) and is basically like Netflix streaming for games. You just pick something and play. While these are old games I've mentioned, they do have more modern stuff.

Humppaleka

Cipher
Just finished The Neverhood. Beautiful and touching. :cry: Also playing Splinter Cell Blacklist for my dose of action, and I'm trying to play more HoI 3 if I have the time.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2

That's exactly how I feel. I finished SoA+ToB without touching Watcher's Keep even once, I somehow missed it on the map completely. Then I've reloaded my last save and went there to check it out - couldn't stomach going past the 2nd level, it's that boring.
18880.jpg

laclongquan

Arcane
Finish the three mods of NWN2: Icewind Dale, Baldur's Gate Reloaded, and Pool of Radiance Remastered. All three are well worth the time.
Try the first major mod: Mysteries of Wesgate.
Fucking thing are horrible in term of DRM. Thank god for NWN2 GOG complete because the time spent on forced-registering MOW is equal to three other mods combined. The Gog package just run like baby bottom.

Got distracted into replay NWN2. Honestly, once you get your mind out of the camera problem, the game is pretty good, even on replay. The few troubles are initial NWN2 design, that got smooth over in the three mods. I forget how easy resting in NWN2 is. There's just no need for Extend metamagic, and maybe later on Persistent, though we shall see.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom