Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What game are you wasting time on?

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I've been having some horrible problems running oldies but goodies lately.

Digitized sounds and speech will not play in Quest for Glory IV. The game is playable, and the text works, but it's not the same.

The Summoning only displays the top left quarter of the screen or so. This is expanded to fill the entire DOSBox window. Needless to say the game is unplayable like this.

Spellcasting 101 and 201 crash on the title screen ("Loading..."). Timequest crashes in the same manner. Spellcasting 301 and Eric The Unready work fine though.

Nothing I changed in the conf settings could get any of them to work.

:argh:

dunno lah

Arcane
Downloaded RE2 for PC since I want to try the hard mode for it. If anybody wants to know how to run it, just change the .exe-s and batch files' compatibility to win95 or 98/me and finally...

Open a program like VLC in the background so the game won't run at half speed.

I mean...what is this shit and how the hell does it work??

Also, save games must go to the game's directory. Don't install in program files.

Hard mode can also be accessed without playing normal mode first. Just go to Regedit>hkey local machine>software>capcom>re2. Then find "install flag" and change it from "700" to "7ad".

Last edited:

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Digitized sounds and speech will not play in Quest for Glory IV. The game is playable, and the text works, but it's not the same.

Getting this bastard to work back in the day was a PAIN. I haven't tried any of the unofficial patches for it yet, but one thing I DO remember is that several areas would crash the game if sound was enabled in the game. I would play until I was a screen away from those areas, save the game, quit to prompt, then access the setup program to disable the soundcard, then restart the game and play through the section. Once I was done with it, I would repeat the process to enable sound again.

But your problem seems to take this a step further. My first instinct is to check the soundcard settings, both in DOSBox and outside of it.

Spellcasting 101 and 201 crash on the title screen ("Loading..."). Timequest crashes in the same manner. Spellcasting 301 and Eric The Unready work fine though.

You've already said that you've tried fiddling with the settings, but this feels to me like a cycle issue. You may have to scale back the cycles in DOSBox to an abnormally low number, as many old games see the processing powers of modern PC, go "My God - it's full of stars" and them promptly self-destruct.

Another possible culprit is the sound. Do the games work if you disable ALL sound, including PC Speaker? S101 and S201 (not sure about S301) used a program to give decent sound playback through the PC speaker. Wouldn't surprise me if that is screwing with DOSBox.

spekkio

Arcane
^
I remember testing S101-103 on DosBox 0.74 without any problems. So - what UC wrote (fiddle with sound settings and CPU cycles).

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
Finished Deus Ex - The Nameless Mod 1.0.4+
Been playing this as well. My previous playthrough a few years ago got abandoned for reasons I can't remember, but most of the current playthrough still feels fresh. I think I'm past the halfway point now,
picked up the Firestaff a while ago.
It is truly an excellent mod, and the setting (which I really didn't find too exciting at first) makes it easy to look past the wacky stuff and some things that might be off-putting in a more serious setting, like the first hub which very much looks and feels like a mod (duh) because of how much empty space there is and how different elements just don't mix with each other that well visually. They seem to get notably better with the level design as the mod goes on, though, as even though the early-game areas usually just offer the occasional air duct or secret entrance to provide for an alternate route through them, some of the later levels are pretty fucking good ― not just "good for a mod" or anything like that, but genuinely good enough to be compared to almost any game out there. Most missions seem to take place indoors, so there's not as much freedom as in the best Deus Ex levels, but they can still offer interesting challenges, especially for stealthy characters. Cameras and other security measures can be a real pain in the ass, and figuring out how to turn them off is often the very first thing you'll want to do, even if that means taking a lengthy detour to the security room in the other side of a big complex.

The amount of C&C is really impressive (would probably need two full playthroughs to really appreciate it, though), as is the voice acting. Most character voices could very well fit into the original Deus Ex without anyone noticing, and I mean that in the most positive way possible. Of course, there are occasional issues that are probably inevitable due to practical reasons and the sheer size of the mod, like actors empahsizing the wrong words or pronouncing names in a different way, but that's just nitpicking. I guess my only real issue is the main character Trestkon, who just sounds a bit too smug or forced at times. The dialogue doesn't really help either, as he occasionally says some retarded things without the player being able to affect it in any way,
a good example being when he's told to kill Phasmatis, an invincible moderator, and he actually goes ahead and tells that to his face even though it's obviously a suicide mission,
but I would've preferred a more "JC-like" protagonist who barely shows any emotion at all. Oh well, you can't have everything.

Overall it rocks, and as far as total conversions go, I can't really think of a more impressive one at the top of my head. No idea how I still have never finished it since Deus Ex is my favorite game.

Probably going to pick up Eternity after I'm done with TNM.

Obama Phone 3

Learned
Basically at the end of Metro 2033. Some thoughts:

- The atmosphere is excellent, I played with original audio and subs, but most background conversations are not translated.. I might have missed some interesting/important things.
- First 1/3 of the game feels quite on-rails, but the gun-play is pretty good, ammo is scarce, and fucking gas mask filters..you cannot just loiter around.
- After that game becomes more stealth-oriented (while keeping the frontal assault option open) with some difficult parts here and there.
- Last part, let's say from Polis onward, is a bit of a mindfuck, has difficult segments, and the Darkstar base is just amazing visually and atmosphere wise
- I'm pretty butthurt the second ending is so hard to get, checking Steam stats 3% of players have it. I also didn't get it. Might try a Ranger playthrough but I really disliked certain sections of the game.
- Didn't get to use all available weapons, somehow missed out on the Volt Driver. Another reason to play again.

Not sure about playing Metro Last Light, from what I've read it has basically most of the same locations.

I preferred Last Light to the original. It's a bit more linear but felt more varied in comparison. Max all difficulty settings: Ranger Hardcore.

Ivan

Arcane
Resident Evil Reveltions 2 Episode 1: :5/5:

Can't think of anything bad to say about it. It's a fantastic return to form for the series and I hope it retains that level of quality throughout.

Barry Burton (reminds me of RE2's more action paced flow) :kwafuckyeah: Claire (more RE1's dreading any encounter feel)

Last edited:

SerratedBiz

Arcane

Getting this bastard to work back in the day was a PAIN.

That's weird. I'm pretty sure I had a playthrough of all the QfGs in Vista x64 with Dosbox. Didn't have a problem with QFG4's sound, though the typical one-size-fits-all solution is to turn DETAIL down to the minimum at the start of the game.

spekkio

Arcane
Completed Resident Evil Revelations 2
So far I only finished main campaign (4 episodes) and tried Raid mode only briefly. But true RE fans play it for SP campaign anyway, so...

The good: :)

- No fucking "QTEs during FMVs". Thank you, Master Builder!
- You can move and aim at the same time. Same thing with reloading / using herbs. Allahu akhbar!
- Graphics are very good, especially artistic-wise. I didn't like characters design initially (too grimdark / realistic, needs more T&A!) but it fits the serious tone of the game.
- Level design is IMO very good: levels are complex, often non-linear (you have to backtrack or access various areas from a hub) and feel like real locations (prison, forest, factory, sever, mine). Compared to RE5, where you can find a huge laboratory at the bottom of an ancient temple and when you leave it, you end up in a huge modern port, it's a massive incline.
- Gameplay is probably the best in any RE game so far:
a) You have 2 different "teams" with both partners having different role in a team.
b) Except usual (for newshit RE game) shooting element, you get also: regular and enhanced (light / 2nd sight) exploration, hunting for collectables, well-done stealth (!), useful sub-wepons which you can craft, weapon customization, simple puzzles and more. :salute:
c) Enemies, if not very varied (only a couple of types), are interesting and threatening. Even "regular" zombies can be deadly, when they gang up on you. Invisible fags are weak, but will one-shot you if you allow them to get close. Some enemies can only be defeated by hitting their weak spots, which have to be located first. Etc., etc.
d) Learning the "teamwork" system is essential. Claire + Moira: blind a fag with light, shoot / melee, kill with finisher / headshot. Barry + Natalia: spot enemy using "second sight", go for a stealth kill. Or stun with a brick and hit weak spots.
e) Skill system is an integral part of the gameplay. Some basic things (partner shooting while being AI-controlled) have to be learned first. And mastering some skills may really make a difference.
- Atmosphere is simply great: graphics, sound, gameplay - everything works together creating a perfect, a little bit "silenthillesque" mood. Blockbuster action movie feel from RE4-6 is totally gone.
- Weapon customization (RER) is much better mechanic than permanent weapon upgrades (RE4-6), IMO. You can switch parts almost at any moment, creating different setups of guns, depending on your situation / preference (plenty of shotgun ammo - use 2 different shotguns, etc.).
- Stealth is simple, but well done and FUN.
- Inventory is good (live, upgradeable, exchanging items with partner is fast). Being able to re-map almost all keys helps too.
- K + M controls are close to perfect. Just disable everything related to input acceleration and decrease mouse sensitivity to 0-1.
- There's a lot of collectables, hidden things, records, medals, costumes, other thingies. Multiple playthroughs are highly encouraged.
- AI is good and "realistic": your partner will (most of the time) do what he/she is supposed to do (as long as you unlocked proper skills), but isn't some superhero with perfect aiming skills (RE5) or inhuman health (RER1).
- Boss battles are mostly "low level": you fight against a "regular but rare" enemy, or against a bunch of different enemies, working as team (artillery fag who can blind you + regular goons + strong melee fag who can one-shot you). All fun, no bullshit. There's only one exception to this (see below).
- Authors got the "edgy teenager" and "little girl + seasoned veteran in one team" tropes right. Yeah, hard to believe, I know.
- Episodic format did not hurt the game (no quality drops, maybe except very short chapter 4-1).

The bad: :(

- Sometimes your partner can get stuck in some part of level geometry - you have to switch to him/her to fix this manually.
- The "free yourself from enemy clutches" QTE context-sensitive action requires you to wave the mouse left-right (when you're using K + M). Pressing A+D consecutively (RE6) would've been much better, IMO.

And that's fucking it, I think. Was this game really designed by Capcom?

:what:

The ugly: :?

- The condition for the good ending is retarded.

During one of the boss fights, you have to kill the boss (via "pop proper moles during a cutscene" mechanic) using a specific character. Problem is, shit is so quick, I didn't even get who shot the fag actually. I just pressed "action" a couple of times and he was dead. Then I proceeded with the game without a second though about what happened. Two chapters later – lol, bad ending! I can understand that getting a good ending may depend on you choices during campaign (RE1, Silent Hill 1). Or on you playstyle (Silent Hill 2). But here, it's so fucking artificial / random, that you can get good or bad ending by total accident (you pressed "action" instead of "switch partner" during a FMV). Meh.
- The boss-fight described above is the only one I didn't like. Slow but strong fag. Weaken him so he reveals his weak spot. Pump it with lead. Finish him with QTE screen prompt (sup, Tehdagah). Other boss fights are much better.
- Performance was initially horrible, was fixed with last week patch (2.1).
- Some elements can be considered "mood-breaking", for example Claire-Moira "I just got shot in the tit, but I'm totally cool" banter. Two women constantly joking while encountering various horrors fits the gameworld (succumbing to fear is not a good idea here), but can put some people off.
- Main villain is typical RE villain. I would've preferred something more mature than "Imma charging mah laser to become god!!!"). But whatever.
- Level rating depends on 3 things: accuracy, number of deaths and time. So, levels require multiple playthroughs:
1) to beat the level,
2) to find all collectibles (slow),
3) to get good rating (fast).
Which can irritate some people. You want to use stealth a lot - low rating. Want to take your time - low rating.
- Same currency (BP) for buying skills and unlocking things (art, costumes, figurines). I'm not sure if it's a good idea, especially for people who don't want to play through the game multiple times. Old system (find hidden stuff - buy unlockables, kill stuff - improve guns) was IMO better.
- Some weapons obtained in later parts of the game are in 99% inferior to the ones you got earlier. What's the point of using them?
- Design (especially in initial areas) borrows a little bit too much from Silent Hill and Suffering.

tl;dr

:5/5: because Capcom.

Best RE game since RE2, best survival horror game since SH2. It's also the first game in series which does the formula introduced in RE4 (TPP console shooter) right - the game is (at times) almost as fast and fun as FPP PC shooters.
If you liked oldshit RE games or SH games, found RE4-6 massive decline, but good for what they were (shootars), play this game nao.

:rpgcodex:

Last edited:

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I had a go at PacMan.

This is a slightly different version of the all-time classic where the FOV is restricted and Inky, Pinky, Blinky and Clyde have been replaced by Glitchy, Twitchy, Slendy and Nope!

Give it a try. See if you can make it to Level 5.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Thanks for the suggestions UC.

Getting this bastard to work back in the day was a PAIN. I haven't tried any of the unofficial patches for it yet, but one thing I DO remember is that several areas would crash the game if sound was enabled in the game. I would play until I was a screen away from those areas, save the game, quit to prompt, then access the setup program to disable the soundcard, then restart the game and play through the section. Once I was done with it, I would repeat the process to enable sound again.
Yeah that bug is notorious, as are most of the script errors in QFG4. NewRisingSun's patch fixes all of them though, the game is extremely playable. The one I have seems purely to do with digital sounds and the Sound Blaster settings - music plays fine. Unfortunately you cannot set IRQ and DMA settings in Sierra games, I think they go with the BLASTER variables or whatever they consider default. I tried changing both and nothing worked. It's frustrating because it used to work perfectly fine, and I ran through the entire series 15 months or so ago without any problems.

You've already said that you've tried fiddling with the settings, but this feels to me like a cycle issue. You may have to scale back the cycles in DOSBox to an abnormally low number, as many old games see the processing powers of modern PC, go "My God - it's full of stars" and them promptly self-destruct.
Yeah I tried scaling back the cycles down to even 1000, still no go. I've had this problem since a long time ago in DOSBox, I think 10k cycles is what borks most games. Even those that run, like Pools of Darkness, have problems - IIRC POD couldn't run with Sound Blaster if cycles were too high and it defaulted to PC speaker.

Another possible culprit is the sound. Do the games work if you disable ALL sound, including PC Speaker? S101 and S201 (not sure about S301) used a program to give decent sound playback through the PC speaker. Wouldn't surprise me if that is screwing with DOSBox.
RealSound, same technology Access used as well, pretty great. I tried that and it didn't work either. I didn't try turning sound off entirely though now that I think of it... will try that too.

Do you know if the machine= or the core type has problems with some games? What do you usually set them to? I have machine=svga_s3 and core=auto, I wonder now if that's a good idea.

EDIT: GOt QFG4 to work. Turns out it's a conflict with Tandy mode. Turned Tandy back off and sounds and speech play perfectly. Still no luck with the others for now.

Last edited:
skyrim with no less than 160 different mods. and still it's not enough for me.
the civil war got stuck because of a known bug which won't solve with the usual means.

dragon ball xenoverse. i finished it last week, maybe earlier, but i still want to unlock more moves and do better scores. never happened before to me, even morrowind lost its appeal once finished the main quest.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Finished Summoner 2 (A Goddess Reborn for GameCube version).
Blantant action RPG from PS2 era. Which mean stuff spread over whole playthrough but nothing that lead to failure like some FinalFantasy game that almost force you to play with guide.
Game is set in tropical/eastern theme and it's on PS2 yet it's not that colourfull like average indie garbage with cartoon graphic.
Summoner was also average but at least music was good (I'm that kind of people for whom 50% of the game value is the music). Summ2 don't have it. I even launched The Shaggs for final level just to be happy for finishing this filth. Game, not longplay...
Blocking is awfuly slow, enemies do this faster, after pressing Attack button. Bullshit.
Which remind me about another bullshit. Thing is - you can't do shit if there's any animations ongoing on your character. You can't change weapon, drink potion or even block (which enemies do without problem).
The only connection with Sum1 are the companions of Joseph (main character from Sum1) that appear in in the main quest line (one of them is recruitable character named Yago).

You reach the final chapter and get possibilities to grind in two places and one (Arena) for both XP and cash. Thing is - you don't need to grind XP if you spend skillpoints decently.
What you really need is to get best set of armor (Supreme). Now your team give zero fucks about damage. You still may die thanks to the Living Armors spamming Death spells.
The amount of special effects (sparks) on aforementioned Living Armors gave me massive framerate drop. Fookdat.

Score :5/5: :1/5:/ :5/5::5/5:
Three points more for PS2 version. One point for bigger Maia's boobs, 2 for every asscheeks one for bigger ass and one for bonus hidden level removed from GameCubeversion and blocked in other versions than English.

They could try and make 3rd game but, due THQ post mortem ravage, the Red Faction and Summoner IP were sold to other German opressor publisher than Volition belong now.
Now all they do now is just releasing another SaintBoredRow games, one after another. Boo-fukin-hoo.

Ovplain

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex
Couldn't be assed to keep playing Pillars Of Eternity.:/ Or Expeditions: Conquistador. Think I just need to take a little break from these kinds of games. Installing 'LA Noire' now.:(

dunno lah

Arcane
Trying to get an A rank in the 4th Survivor minigame in Resident Evil 2. I managed a 4:05 run which got me a B. So, just a few more seconds to shave off...

Krraloth

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2
Blantant action RPG from PS2 era. Which mean stuff spread over whole playthrough but nothing that lead to failure like some FinalFantasy game that almost force you to play with guide.
Game is set in tropical/eastern theme and it's on PS2 yet it's not that colourfull like average indie garbage with cartoon graphic.
Summoner was also average but at least music was good (I'm that kind of people for whom 50% of the game value is the music). Summ2 don't have it. I even launched The Shaggs for final level just to be happy for finishing this filth. Game, not longplay...
Blocking is awfuly slow, enemies do this faster, after pressing Attack button. Bullshit.
Which remind me about another bullshit. Thing is - you can't do shit if there's any animations ongoing on your character. You can't change weapon, drink potion or even block (which enemies do without problem).
The only connection with Sum1 are the companions of Joseph (main character from Sum1) that appear in in the main quest line (one of them is recruitable character named Yago).

You reach the final chapter and get possibilities to grind in two places and one (Arena) for both XP and cash. Thing is - you don't need to grind XP if you spend skillpoints decently.
What you really need is to get best set of armor (Supreme). Now your team give zero fucks about damage. You still may die thanks to the Living Armors spamming Death spells.
The amount of special effects (sparks) on aforementioned Living Armors gave me massive framerate drop. Fookdat.

Three points more for PS2 version. One point for bigger Maia's boobs, 2 for every asscheeks one for bigger ass and one for bonus hidden level removed from GameCubeversion and blocked in other versions than English.

They could try and make 3rd game but, due THQ post mortem ravage, the Red Faction and Summoner IP were sold to other German opressor publisher than Volition belong now.
Now all they do now is just releasing another SaintBoredRow games, one after another. Boo-fukin-hoo.

I really think that switching to action-y combat ruined Summoner 2. The first one was a bit rough but the actual combat could be interesting if you didn't cheese almost all encounters with Flece stealth+maxed backstab (although undeads were immune to this). The chaining system was kind of meh cause you could just kill the enemy you were engaging in battle without it retaliating and AFAIK enemies waited their turn to attack you (zwanzig_zwoelf) . Still, enemy spells could hurt you and ranged enemies could be a the bane of your life if you didn't deal with them quick enough.

After some hours with Summoner 2 (on ps2) I finally had to drop it because I couldn't get over the changes made in the mechanics and yes, the music took a majestic nosedive.

zwanzig_zwoelf

I really think that switching to action-y combat ruined Summoner 2. The first one was a bit rough but the actual combat could be interesting if you didn't cheese almost all encounters with Flece stealth+maxed backstab (although undeads were immune to this). The chaining system was kind of meh cause you could just kill the enemy you were engaging in battle without it retaliating and AFAIK enemies waited their turn to attack you (zwanzig_zwoelf) . Still, enemy spells could hurt you and ranged enemies could be a the bane of your life if you didn't deal with them quick enough.

After some hours with Summoner 2 (on ps2) I finally had to drop it because I couldn't get over the changes made in the mechanics and yes, the music took a majestic nosedive.
Yeah, I mentioned the issues of Summoner 2 in my Summoner review. Gotta finish the review sooner or later.
In Summoner enemies couldn't attack you if they were targeting you while you were using chain attacks, so the rest of your party could rape them without much thought.
My biggest issue with Summoner 2 was a crappy tower shooting mission, which infuriated me to the point where I put the game on hold and won't touch it again anytime soon.
I'm currently playing Sudeki, and it feels pretty similar to Summoner 2, except combat is combat is clunkier and graphics go down to the weaboo level.

Also, there are more references to the original Summoner in Summoner 2. Apart from King of Talas sidequest, some girl from original game ended up fighting in arena, but I might be misremembering things.

Krraloth

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2
Also, there are more references to the original Summoner in Summoner 2. Apart from King of Talas sidequest, some girl from original game ended up fighting in arena, but I might be misremembering things.

Just found this:
Cosmic Retcon: A BIG one, compared to the first game. Laharah is an evil goddess, and her followers, the Nuvasarim, feed on agony. This is thoroughly retconned in the sequel, in which Laharah is the protagonist. Except that neither Laharah, nor Urath, nor any other gods exist. They are all merely parts of Aosi. What's that you say? Vadagar's giant three-headed corpse? We didn't walk through any giant three-headed corpse!

I had no idea. Wow. It's not like Summoner is the apex of worldbuilding, but at least it had this weird religion and cosmology and Joseph was the right man for the job so to speak, that thing written above hurts, why?

zwanzig_zwoelf

Che cazzo? Son of a bitch, you just caused permanent damage to my knowledge of Summoner lore. I'll have to beat all of these games to paint the picture of the game world in my head again. If we ever meet, I'll add enough pepper to your pizza so you would suffer until I finish talking about Summoner lore.
:x
Plane tickets, bitch.

Just kidding, I wouldn't do any of that to you, brethen. I'll just kindly demand you to beat the Summoner 2.

Krraloth

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2
Che cazzo? Son of a bitch, you just caused permanent damage to my knowledge of Summoner lore. I'll have to beat all of these games to paint the picture of the game world in my head again. If we ever meet, I'll add enough pepper to your pizza so you would suffer until I finish talking about Summoner lore.
Plane tickets, bitch.

Just kidding, I wouldn't do any of that to you, brethen. I'll just kindly demand you to beat the Summoner 2.

Pepper? Goddamn, you do remember...:negative:

Don't do this to yourself, I don't think it's worth it, your effort should go into beating Shining the Holy Ark (no farming the yellow bull demons for levels) or doing a full playthrough of the Shadow Hearts universe:
- Koudelka
- Shadow Hearts 1 fail to save Alice
- Shadow Hearts 2
- Shadow Hearts 1 save Alice
- Time Paradox but who cares, right?
- Shadow Hearts 3: you do want to experience the adventures of the 3rd sibling of the Valentine's family right?

And no, I cannot play Summoner 2 as I don't have a laptop capable of running pcsx2 well enough, I am maligned with the curse of the i7 4500u unoptimized Turbo Boost: 15-20 FPS

Baron Dupek

Arcane
zwanzig_zwoelf
That tower section was bad. Most solution state one - make wall with orbs in narrow passage to block enemy machine. For some reason it didn't work for me. Other methods (like hit and run) also didn't worked. So I just used CheatEngine to deal with this bullcrap. After that - it's few hours until final.
Dig it out, beat it, watch ending and after credits.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Plane tickets, bitch.

Pepper? Goddamn, you do remember...:negative:

Don't do this to yourself, I don't think it's worth it, your effort should go into beating Shining the Holy Ark (no farming the yellow bull demons for levels) or doing a full playthrough of the Shadow Hearts universe:
- Koudelka
- Shadow Hearts 1 fail to save Alice
- Shadow Hearts 2
- Shadow Hearts 1 save Alice
- Time Paradox but who cares, right?
- Shadow Hearts 3: you do want to experience the adventures of the 3rd sibling of the Valentine's family right?

And no, I cannot play Summoner 2 as I don't have a laptop capable of running pcsx2 well enough, I am maligned with the curse of the i7 4500u unoptimized Turbo Boost: 15-20 FPS
I dropped Koudelka on disk 2 due to shitty collision issues, where I was stuck in the room for 20 minutes, trying to find the right way to approach the exit (otherwise the scripted scene wouldn't trigger). Not to mention the irritating encounters every minute in that room, I lost most of my equipment thanks to this shit. I'll give it another go once I forget about it.
Shining the Holy Ark has to wait, because Sega Saturn is barely emulated on Android now (and I barely have time to play on PC). At best I could play Scorcher with 20 fps, Devil Summoner with 15 fps (with a crash after new game starts) and Majin Tensei Ronde (loads the menu, but doesn't go past it). I wish there were more decent Sega CD RPGs, though.

See if your laptop can run Seppuki Sudeki. Even on my current rig it's rather playable, and I'm talking about an Xbox port on a really weak PC (which manages to run Evergrace at 25+ fps).

zwanzig_zwoelf
That tower section was bad. Most solution state one - make wall with orbs in narrow passage to block enemy machine. For some reason it didn't work for me. Other methods (like hit and run) also didn't worked. So I just used CheatEngine to deal with this bullcrap. After that - it's few hours until final.
Dig it out, beat it, watch ending and after credits.
Not anytime soon, all saves are on my dead rig.

pippin

New Vegas with :balance:'s mod.

It's good, actually. Changes benefit the game a lot.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom