Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What game are you wasting time on?

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Well, I finally finished Front Mission 1. Took me a while but I wasn't exactly rushing. Just some quick thoughts:

- Very enjoyable second storyline. The original was from the SNES while the 2nd came from the Japan-only PS1 release, and there was a lot of improvements.
- The game is easy as fuck, hands down, but somehow the setting, the customization (tweaking, more like) and everything else makes up for it. No real grinding either, so it's just a straightforward romp.

I would give it a cool :3/5: (+.5)
I've heard the sequels get a little crazy in terms of story but I plan on playing them anyway. Not many good mech SRPGs out there that doesn't involve stupid shit from anime.

Still playing tons of Smash. I can't get enough of it. :4/5:

And finally, I've been playing Wasteland 1 and Grimrock. Grimrock so far is a bit boring and easy even on hard, but I'm hoping it'll pick up a bit. Wasteland on the other hand is crazy, I started off going to some farmers place and take out some kind of leader of "varmints". What the hell. I then wandered in to this place with a bunch of dorms, and found this kid "teary-eyed". I didn't know what the fuck his problem was so I just left. I forgot to save when I closed it afterwards so I'm going to start my playthrough again.

Good start to a weekend. Oh yeah, and I bought Blackguards.

AlexOfSpades

Arcane
It was just another night in Los Angeles...

The booming-loud goth music became more audible, deafeningly-loud even as the woman approached the church-turned-nightclub's entrance door. The gothic interior of the renovated church was decorated with red lights, speakers and even pole-dances - tables on the sides for the introvert, and a colorful dancefloor on the center for the extrovert. The pale young woman dressed a faded schoolgirl outfit that emphasized her curves, and her sleek black hair was kept in a ponytail. She approaches a girl on the corner - a fair-skinned teenager with expensive, modern clothing. The human known as Patty. The vampire's blue-and-gold eyes lock on her, like a predator's, and she approaches ; her sultry lips, painted goth dark with lipstick, turning into a smooth smile.

Patty looks her from bottom to top and comments, "I knew you'd talk to me - I'm like, super popular with all you vampire types. I seriously, like, know everyone in the LA vampire scene!"

The vampire examines her with her strange, heterochromia eyes, leaning her head to the side slightly, before replying. "You mention things you shouldn't."

- "Whoa girl, you're like, so cool. Say, have you seen Kent? He's a Toreador, dresses super fancy, like Prada-fancy, you know?" - says Patty, after a forced giggle.

The vampire grins. This is almost invariably a bad omen.

- "Yes. I have seen him... he's in that alley outside, cursing his life."

- "Really? That's like, SO Kent. Thanks! I'll go talk to him." - Says Patty, before leaving the nightclub hurriedly... chased by a shadow on the dance floor.

The dark alley was quieter than the city, but still not silent - Los Angeles' typical background hum was still audible, even during night-time. Despite Patty, a clubber was the only other person inhabiting the quiet alley - just a human, grabbing a cig before going back inside the club most likely. He accompanies Patty with his eyes, but says nothing, holding the cig with his lips.
Patty looks around and grows concerned as she realizes Kent isn't there at all. She looks to her left and finds nothing but concrete - then to her right, and finds nothing but a brick wall covered in faded, ripped metal band posters. She whimpers worriedly and looks again to her left... finding the strange, curvy schoolgirl wearing goth makeup, examining her with her blue and golden eyes once more.

The vampire smiles... (oh-oh)... and reveals the large kitchen knife she was holding, secretly.

Patty's scream of terror never left her throat - instead, it was interrupted by the mirror-like polished blade, penetrating her neck like a train enters a tunnel, forever silencing the idiotic human who mentioned vampires in public far more than she should. She falls to her knees, gasping and coughing, and then crashes against the ground. Finally Patty shut up.

The guy drops his cigarette, staring at the scene in terror, mesmerized by the pale schoolgirl's lethal beauty. She suddenly looks at him, now grinning, filling his mind with hysterical thoughts. The malkavian's twisted mind enters his, cracking his sanity. He begins to tremble, and then chuckles. And his chuckle evolves into hysterical laughter as the vampire approaches him, affectionatelly putting her index finger against his lips as a request for silence - before sinking her fangs onto his neck, sucking his delicious crimson lifeforce until she was satisfied. The human was left in a trance - a pleasurable, dreamlike, serene state between being asleep and awake, and the predator leaves, her job done and the masquerade protected.

It was just another night, in Los Angeles.

(Have I mentioned, I love VtM:B?)

Last edited:

Nael

Arcane
Recently I wasted time on Wasteland 2 and I would describe that definitely as a waste of time. Waste of $$$ too.

Been playing Endless Legend which was a much better investment. Fun game. Original for a 4x strategy game. The AI in single player leaves something to be desired but that is it's only glaring flaw IMO.

And I'm also back to playing The Secret World... AGAIN. I can't quit you, Secret World. You're so weird and complex. I love you.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Been wasting time on Crysis. Bought all the games in the series when origin had a sale. Never played them before. And I got to say so far I'm very impressed. This game came out 2007 and the graphics are still better or at least on par with most modern games, and it's fun to play as well. Going to be interesting trying the sequels later. I tested them quick just to see if my computer could handle them and my 5 minute impression is that the seem to be a bit different, smaller. Still pretty though.

Strange death I recorded :)

Krraloth

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2
Din's Curse.
I'm experimenting with different hybrid builds.
Sadly I forgot to back up my saves when I formatted so I have to re-unlock hardcore characters.
There is an interesting mod that changes the masteries and synergies of the various skills and makes for some pretty interesting builds (http://www.soldak.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2266).

Man how I want a Depths of Peril game with Din's Curse mechanics...

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Finished Doom2. What a snorefest... If I look up from the design or map creato PoV - it looks nice. But playing these things was tedious, quite often. First few maps and second to last map (29) were coolest.
Even Plutonia or Master of Doom were better.

Starwars

Arcane
I just finished up Expeditions Conquistador. It was fucking awesome.

Feel like a retard not having played it before. Better late than never I guess.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Wait, it's finished?!

Boy am I late.
:hmmm:

I did say I was late. It's hard to get my mind wrapped around Early Access games actually finishing.

Good news for me though.
Don't remember E:C being in Early Access in the first place.

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera

Wait, it's finished?!

Boy am I late.
:hmmm:

I did say I was late. It's hard to get my mind wrapped around Early Access games actually finishing.

Good news for me though.
Don't remember E:C being in Early Access in the first place.

Never was, just Kickstarter Beta access.

But yeah, it's been out for a long time now.

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
Currently playing Conquest of the New World, developed by Quicksilver Software and published by Interplay. It's been a couple of years since I last played it and it holds up well. I'm playing the Deluxe version from GOG.com, so there are a couple of new features I previously missed, like special discoveries (silver veins, potato fields, medicinal herbs, redwood forests, etc) and unique bonuses for each nation.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Metro Last Light Complete
Feels like Thief 1/2 - good combat (shooting better than in 95% of most shooters released past few years) but not much chance to use it except critters. I don't even remember when anyone shoot to me.
There is more missions but they're just 2-4 small rooms for sneaking or one medium (sometimes outside). Sneaking is easier than before, no traps. Damn, there's bunch of empty bottles that I smash with every step and no reaction at all, when in Metro 2033 glass parts were basic traps.

I reached some fishers city (Venice), and learn about Evil Plans of Bad Guys (communists). Quickly! I must inform Rangers... nah, spend time with strippers. Quite hilarious way to broke tense I must say.

And thanks to some bashers in MedianXL thread here I found some cool mods for Diablo (The Hell) and DiabloII (Eastern Sun).

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
F.E.A.R.

I only tried this game like 10 minutes before because of the shit scares/atmosphere. But I talked to a guy who plays a lot of FPS games and he considered this the best one since DooM so I'm giving it a try. And, well, it feels like a lot of fun. I do wish there were monsters to shoot at, though, but I only just started. Fighting squads is fun. A lot of fun. I also like how quickly you die on the highest difficulty, without the game ever feeling slow-paced.

Blonsky

Prophet
Might and magic X Legacy
To linear to compare it to older M&M games especially when moving over map and the main quest.

Minecraft
Playing it is like the first time i opend paint brush and just used up all the drawing options to see what they do, but i dont get the goal of it.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Minecraft
Playing it is like the first time i opend paint brush and just used up all the drawing options to see what they do, but i dont get the goal of it.
It's a sandbox (by the real definition, not the stupid one people apply to Oblivion and GTA). It has no goal by definition. The "goal" is to have fun with the tools it provides you until you get bored of them. As far as sandboxes go this one's not bad at all atually. You can look for survival or puzzle maps on the 'net, some are pretty well designed. The game isn't really that great as SP, get a friend or 2 and it's a LOT more fun.

Luka-boy

Arcane
Since I've been bedridden and internet-less since last Sunday, I've had more than enough time to waste on some games thanks to a friend mercifully lending me his laptop. I've been playing:

- Desperados: Wanted Dead or Alive which is still so damn good.
- Seven Kingdoms - Ancient Adversaries in a custom map where I challenged myself to never use mines and markets and to keep all races separated in their own villages and regions in some kind of ethno-nationalistic communism.
- A couple of Doom megawads.
- A couple of Cross Combat 3 - Cross of Iron campaigns using mods. World War 1 and Vietnam ones were pretty amusing.
- A Diablo playthrough using The Hell mod. As a mage, which was quite fun.

Too bad I got better before starting a World of Xeen playthrough.

Last edited:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
New Vegas Pacifist playthrough, so far so good. Managed to reach the strip at lvl 2 though. :lol:

Humppaleka

Cipher
Stopped playing Risen 2, what a piece of shit after the first one, and got burned out of Tropico 3. Got into Sacred instead, so far I still think 2 to be superior. The graphics are stylish though.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Code:
--------------------------------------------------------------
 DoomRL (0.9.9.7) roguelike post-mortem character dump

Screwthecodex, level 10 Mancubus 1st Lieutenant Marine,
 defeated the Mastermind at the City of Dis.
 He survived 68071 turns and scored 133042 points.
 He played for 56 minutes and 17 seconds.
 He wasn't afraid to be hurt plenty.

He killed 443 out of 611 hellspawn. (72%)
 He was an Angel of Berserk!

-- Special levels --------------------------------------------

Levels generated : 11
  Levels visited  : 3
  Levels completed : 2

-- Awards ----------------------------------------------------

Hell Armorer Badge
  Technician Gold Badge
  Berserker Gold Badge

-- Graveyard -------------------------------------------------

###########################################################
  #########................................##################
  ########...............####...............#################
  #######.......####.....####.....####.......################
  ######........####.....####.....####........###############
  #####.........####.....####.....####.........##############
  ####..........####..............####..........#############
  ###............................................############
  ###....####...................X%.......####....############
  ###...&####............................####....############
  ###....####............................####....############
  ###....####............................####....############
  ###............................................############
  ####..........####..............####..........#############
  #####.........####.....####.....####.........##############
  ######........####.....####.....####........###############
  #######.......####.....####.....####.......################
  ########...............####...............#################
  #########................................##################
  ###########################################################

-- Statistics ------------------------------------------------

Health 130/90  Experience 41545/10
  ToHit Ranged +0  ToHit Melee +6  ToDmg Ranged +0  ToDmg Melee +9

-- Traits ----------------------------------------------------

Class : Marine

Ironman  (Level 3)
  Tough as nails  (Level 1)
  Brute  (Level 3)
  Berserker  (Level 1)
  Badass  (Level 1)
  Vampyre  (Level 1)

Bru->Bru->Ber->Bad->Bru->MVm->TaN->Iro->Iro->Iro->

-- Equipment -------------------------------------------------

[a] [ Armor  ]  nanofiber red armor [2]
  [b] [ Weapon  ]  piercing chainsaw (4d7)
  [c] [ Boots  ]  steel boots [1/1] (69%) (A)
  [d] [ Prepared  ]  nothing

-- Inventory -------------------------------------------------

[a] green armor [1/1] (60%)
  [b] blue armor [4/4] (100%) (P)
  [c] blue armor [2/2] (100%)
  [d] red armor [1/6] (3%) (P)
  [e] small med-pack
  [f] small med-pack
  [g] small med-pack
  [h] small med-pack
  [i] small med-pack
  [j] small med-pack
  [k] small med-pack
  [l] large med-pack
  [m] power mod pack
  [n] sniper weapon pack
  [o] plasteel boots [2/2] (100%)

-- Resistances -----------------------------------------------

Bullet  - internal 60%  torso 60%  feet 60%  
  Melee  - internal 60%  torso 60%  feet 60%  
  Shrapnel  - internal 60%  torso 60%  feet 60%  
  Acid  - internal 60%  torso 60%  feet 60%  
  Fire  - internal 60%  torso 73%  feet 60%  
  Plasma  - internal 60%  torso 60%  feet 60%  

-- Kills -----------------------------------------------------

70 former humans
  53 former sergeants
  22 former captains
  70 imps
  67 demons
  68 lost souls
  14 cacodemons
  14 hell knights
  11 barons of hell
  7 arachnotrons
  2 former commandos
  5 pain elementals
  18 revenants
  7 mancubi
  10 arch-viles
  2 bruiser brothers
  1 shambler
  1 Cyberdemon
  1 Spider Mastermind

-- History ---------------------------------------------------

He started his journey on the surface of Phobos.
  On level 5 he stormed the Chained Court.
  On level 7 he sneaked into the Phobos Lab.
  He broke through the lab.
  On level 8 he encountered the Phobos Anomaly.
  On level 9 he assembled a nanofiber armor!
  On level 9 he entered Hell's Armory.
  On level 9 he assembled a tactical armor!
  On level 9 he assembled a piercing blade!
  He destroyed the evil within and reaped the rewards!
  He left level 14 as soon as possible.
  On level 16 he found the Tower of Babel!
  On level 18 he found the Hellwave Pack!
  He left level 19 as soon as possible.
  He nuked level 20!
  Then at last he found Dis!
  On level 24 he finally defeated the Mastermind.

-- Messages --------------------------------------------------

taste blood!
 You hit the Spider Mastermind. The Spider Mastermind flinched! You need to
 taste blood!
 You need to taste blood!
 You hit the Spider Mastermind. The Spider Mastermind flinched! You need to
 taste blood!
 You hit the Spider Mastermind. The Spider Mastermind flinched! You're going
 berserk! You need to taste blood!
 You need to taste blood!
 You are hit! You dodge! Boom! You are hit! You are hit! You are hit! You need
 to taste blood! You feel vulnerable again.
 You are hit! You are hit! You are hit! You are hit! You are hit! You are hit!
 You need to taste blood!
 You hit the Spider Mastermind. The Spider Mastermind dies. Congratulations!
 You defeated the Spider Mastermind! Press <Enter>...
 You feel relatively safe now.

-- General ---------------------------------------------------

36 brave souls have ventured into Phobos:
 26 of those were killed.
 And 1 couldn't handle the stress and committed a stupid suicide.

9 souls destroyed the Mastermind...
 1 sacrificed itself for the good of mankind.
 7 killed the bitch and survived.
 1 showed that it can outsmart Hell itself.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom