Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What game are you wasting time on?

Cadmus

Arcane
After finishing Divinity, I discovered something on my HDD called "Singularity"
As a true idiot, I installed this game. It said "Raven Software" on the loading screen, I rejoiced!

What a shitty fucking console popamole. I haven't played an FPS in years and this is what they have become?? This was also the first time my head hurt from a low FoV, so I had to download some fix for it. Waste of time, anyway, I quit after a few hours, the game is just friggin horrible.

Cadmus

Arcane
Game is actually not bad at all.
dude...
it's total trash, complete with 2 weapons, peashooter sounds, slow walking, enemies popping out of cover and getting popped, Half Life 2 gimmicks ripped off, shitty story, cutscenes, console port, shit FoV, checkpoint saves, corridor maps, tons of shit to pick up for no reason, key prompts displayed on-screen... It's the whole popamole package.

AND FROM THE AMAZING RAVEN SOFTWARE WAAT

Morkar Left

Gothic 1. I am really enjoying it for the same reason i enjoyed Risen. Nice to see where it all started, and surprisingly the game holds very well, save for a few interface quirks. With the uncapped FPS, high resoltion and AA, game looks great and plays very smooth. There really is nothing else out there like the PB games.

I'm doing exactly the same for two weeks now whenever I have some time. I use some texturepacks as well (and the mod WdV). It looks really good. Still dated but it doesn't matter because it has its own unique graphic style.

Deleted member 7219

Completed quite a few games on my list of shame.

The Banner Saga was basically like a Norse Battlestar Galactica. The artwork and music were impressive, but I thought it felt a bit too gamey - you are basically going from one fight to the next, interspersed with dialogue scenes you basically just click through. There didn't seem to be much interactivity beyond that.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II had some good level design, but the story was a bit derp (funny how in these games, terrorists are extremely powerful and can basically invade countries like the US at will) and the side missions were awful. Still, credit to them for the multiple endings, depending on how well you did in the campaign. Would be interesting to see the element of choice introduced in future offerings as well as just consequences based on your level of skill.

Broken Sword 1. Fun, reminded me a lot of the old Lucasarts adventures. Bit too easy though and the story could have been a little better.

Saints Row IV, enjoyed this one a lot (much more than SR3), high level of polish and good mission design.

Wolfenstein: The New Order. May have already said I completed this, but I'll say it again anyway. I would recommend this to any one who enjoyed RtCW, it did feel like a true sequel in some ways, the encounters are pretty well thought out (not just endless waves of enemies except in one or two places), the story is a little boring though and could have done way more with the 'Nazis won the Second World War' thing, but I guess they didn't want to offend people. It basically ends up like any other shooter, ending very cliched, and the 'choice' you make early one basically does fuck all. Ignore the people who said this game had branching.

The Walking Dead: Season 2. Really good, but it has abandoned all pretense of being an adventure game - it is just an interactive movie at this point. Good writing and characters make up for the lack of challenge.

Now playing Metro 2033 Redux and Divinity: Original Sin, looking forward to Wasteland 2.

Humppaleka

Cipher
Broken Sword 1. Fun, reminded me a lot of the old Lucasarts adventures. Bit too easy though and the story could have been a little better.
I completed Broken Sword 2 today. That game was boring, stupid, and pretty ugly too. I really liked the first one so the second one was a major disappointment.

Cadmus

Arcane
I completed Broken Sword 2 today. That game was boring, stupid, and pretty ugly too. I really liked the first one so the second one was a major disappointment.
They went full retard really quickly with the 2nd game. I don't understand how they managed to make it so infantile.

Deleted member 7219

They went full retard really quickly with the 2nd game. I don't understand how they managed to make it so infantile.

I'm playing the 2nd one right now. I'm in the art gallery at the moment. This does not bode well.

Machocruz

Arcane
Retired Saints Row 2. Put 88 hours into it. May re install again in the future to finish the story. So I had my fun with it, but there is just something missing to keep it from being a completely running away with the genre. Like the world building isn't as good as Rockstar's. But I like it more than any of the GTAs. Customization is awesome, diversions and mini-games are best in field, map is just big enough.

Saints Row 3 has some better stuff, but overall it pales. The city has even less character. Uninstalled. Currently downloading SR4 because it looks to go full throttle on the wackiness from 3, bringing it to its logical conclusion by adding super powers.

Farage

Arcane
Patron
Don't Starve right now
I feel like a stupid fuck for playing it, but it somehow got me addicted.
It's like im addicted to being disappointed over and over on how to make such an unforgiving game. :negative:

Humppaleka

Cipher
On another note, I have been playing Risen, which is absolutely wonderful in every way. I needed this game in my life.

I also started King's Bounty: The Legend, one of my favourite TBS games ever. That was a seriously bad decision, got an exam coming and I've played ten hours in two days.

Elim

Augur
Project: Eternity
Only World of Tanks lately.
I feel so burned out, other games do not interest me anymore. I need Wasteland 2, the release version, and Grimrock 2.
Or something other that has RPG elements or a good multiplayer and that I did not play for the tenth time.
Hell, I'm even looking forward to Dragon Age 3, that's how far I'm gone. :|

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I started playing Singularity recently and it pissed me off that it didnt have subtitles. How the fuck can you miss to put in subtitles? Fuck your cinematic bullshit.

Also started derping in AC4, gonna measure how long its gonna take till it bores me to death.

Gurkog

Erudite
Project: Eternity
Still playing Marvel Heroes.

Put way too much time into the game, and even dumped $70 into it. Having fun though, because squirrels.

27 out of my 28 heroes are leveled to at least 50. All of them have their good and bad.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS CONTITUING TEACHING MY KIDSN TO PLAY OLD GSAMES IN MY FUTURE MAME CAB

TODAY WAS XMEN ARCADE WITH THE GIRLS LOLOLLPL IT HAD TWO GIRL CHARACTER AMD THEY LIKED IT

IKARI WARRIORS FOE THE NES WITH MY SON I FELT HORRIBLE TEELLING HIM TO PUSH AXXA TO CONTINUE I ALMPST WANTED TO RECONFIG THE CONTROLLER TO MAKE IT ABBA LIKE THE ORIGINAL BUT THEN THE CXONTROLLER LAYOUT WOULD BE FUCJKWED

L'ennui

Magister
Knights of Pen and Paper on my Android phone/tablet thing. Good game to play while traveling abroad in places with no computers or consoles.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom