Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What game are you wasting time on?

Grim Monk

Arcane
Started playing Witcher 1 again.

Installed it back in October 2012.
I like the game, yet can't seem to finish it.

Finished "Hunting the Wild Hunt" quest.
Fighting all those Wraiths was a MAJOR :negative: "Pain"...

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I've been derping in Trials Fusion, got it on the xbawks and the PC. Shit is addictive.

Besides Trials I was hoping to play GTA5. Saw it on sale half price last week so I was like fuck it, lets play some, didnt play a GTA game since Vice City, I think.
So it downloads like 8 gigs and it says complete. I start the fucker and after the initial logo it start to download some more stuff like Update Pack 1,2,3 etc and it goes on and on with no progress bar.
Was downloading for more than 2 hours and when at some point I looked at the TV the xbox was turned off. I figured it must have completed the download and it turned itself to standby mode.
I start the xbox and the thing cant connect to internet, tells me I need an accessory for wi-fi when its already built in, cant get to my profile etc. Useless.
So there you have it, GTA5 killed my xbox. Ty Rockstar. Game of the Year.

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Just finished Alpha Protocol. I enjoyed the story with its choices and consequences, but that gameplay...I used assault rifles and played it like a popamole shootygame, and even then I got tired of it fast. I'm glad I played the game, but I'll never play it again.

Score: obsidian/:5/5:

circ

Arcane
I apologize in advance for any butts getting hurt by my quick blurb.

I tried Divinity Original Sin. And, well, I don't get it.

The graphics with their options of even having SMAA built in made me think I'd be looking at some pretty nice graphics. But not really! They have two face models to choose from and the textures aren't ALL DAT either. The environs look passable at best, lighting looking the best and shadows are really nice. But it's nothing amazing for 2014.
Music on the other hand has no redeeming features. Really bad samples used and the arranging makes no sense. I did hear a piece or two that weren't bad though, but overall really cheap stuff.
Voice acting isn't bad. Supposedly that's why the game is so HUGE. I mean really HUGE. I have to put effort into remembering what other recent game with voices was as big as this. I don't get it, again.

I got as far as some place with a burning ship and a bunch of dudes. I did the optional newbie dungeon. And so far, the combat which I guess is a big selling point isn't really all that impressive. Maybe I need to be a mage? I played as Knight + Rogue.
The UI is really horrible too. No shortcuts for obvious stuff and moving stuff from quickslots and what not is a pain.

So, when does the good part start?

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
When you stop nit picking and being negative. You're trying too hard not to like the game. Edgy.

sbb

Learned
I actually really liked the "cheap" feeling of the music. I thought it was probably an intentional aesthetic...? I liked how all the real instruments sounded more like a violin thrown into a sampler and all the awkward steel drums. It was quirky and endearing, you could say!

circ

Arcane
The music is actually growing on me. I'm reminded a little of the SNES SPC chip. Also I've discovered very many ways to die wow. Boobytrapped digsites really? Still, combat is kind of uninteresting.

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
Command and conquer 3.

I skipped it for years because of DRM, but since I've recently begun using steam, installing the game didn't seem that big of a deal.

It doesn't feel like Westwood, but the single player is still a lot of fun.

Blonsky

Prophet
Command and conquer 3.

I skipped it for years because of DRM, but since I've recently begun using steam, installing the game didn't seem that big of a deal.

It doesn't feel like Westwood, but the single player is still a lot of fun.

The only thing decent in CnC3 was single player campaign and that Conquer the world/Risk mode from the expansione.
Also because of CnC3 i never tryed CnC4 that i heard was terrible.

bloodlover

Arcane
I have discovered King of Dragon Pass yesterday and went on a 10 hour gaming spree. Amazing game!

Too bad I suck and my people have a tendency to starve most of the time.

sbb

Learned
I just finished all three available acts of Kentucky Route Zero. I really hope this stuff comes together into something comprehensible, because I'm really feeling the vibe and the conversation styles. It's totally bizarre and half the time I feel like people are speaking in non-sequiturs, but it's been supremely enjoyable so far.

Also, I finished Bioshock Infinite so now that's over with. Not terrible, not mint.

Crane

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath
Finished Spec-Ops: The Line. Pretty good story, definitely the best that I've experience from any military popamole. It did have some problems though. It very short, around 5 hours total, and the gunplay got very tedious. Still, worth the 5 bucks or whatever I spent on it during a steam sale.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Finally got around to completing the first campaign in Front Mission. It was surprisingly easy, my initial first impressions was that I'll have to min-max parts and skills on the fly and use a bunch of shit to my needs. Really all I had to do to Long Range + Guide and then Short Range + Duel. Anything after that was cake.

I'm also on Chapter 5 of Betrayal at Krondor. Have to find some bard guy who's probably a traitor, can't seem to find him but I found some shit in a cave that looks useful plot-relevant.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS DARKS SOULS 2 EATING MOST OF MY TIME BUT ALSO FIGHT NUIGHT CHAMPION I AM A SUCKER FOR BOXING GAMES

OTHER THAN THAT I PLAY THE SHIT OUT IOF MY SOMEDAY TO BE MAME CAB

THE KIDS LIKE TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES AND GAUNTLET THE MOST

I LIKE CADILLACS AND DINOSAUASR ABND ROBOTRON ALSO THE FINAL ROUND

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I also tried Fight Night Champion, seems the learning curve is a bit higher then expected. Will get to it when I got more time.
Derped a bit in Grim Dawn, leveling up seems a bit fast, got to level 9 in like 60-70 minutes. Looks ok, like 3D Diablo 2 with Titan Quest skill system. Not as fun as Van Helsing, IMO.

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Wrath
I started an IWD2 playthrough to waste time but had to put it on hold when the new Path of Exile expansion was released. Shit is pretty cash! :greatjob:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Finished Dishumoured on low chaos today.

Blinking around, branding heretics and disabling tesla coils stays pretty fun to the end, the main storyline is completely fucking idiotic through and through, but other stuff is generally well-written. Some levels are brilliant, like the Flooded District, which felt a lot like a mix of Thief's old quarter (sealed-off district with deaders) and Mask of the Ninja's final level (cyber ninjas), others are just okay (Kaldwin Bridge), but two are really fucking boring (Dunwall Tower and the final mission).

Not bad for 25 hours, I give it 7+ doritos out of 10 dews, will prob do another psycho playthrough for maximum chaos :flamesaw:

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I just finished all three available acts of Kentucky Route Zero. I really hope this stuff comes together into something comprehensible, because I'm really feeling the vibe and the conversation styles. It's totally bizarre and half the time I feel like people are speaking in non-sequiturs, but it's been supremely enjoyable so far.

Yeah, it might be the only enjoyable "hipster" indie adventure game I've played. The atmosphere, writing and design are really good.

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Gothic 1. I am really enjoying it for the same reason i enjoyed Risen. Nice to see where it all started, and surprisingly the game holds very well, save for a few interface quirks. With the uncapped FPS, high resoltion and AA, game looks great and plays very smooth. There really is nothing else out there like the PB games.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hitman GO on iOS. it's the best Hitman game in years and I am not even being sarcastic.

laclongquan

Arcane
Finished Suikoden3. First run Chris, with chapter sequence 1111222233345
Try the second run, this time a bit more logical by go by each character instead of chapter, Chris, then Hugo, then Geddoe.

Shit is not as good as Sui2 or Sui1, but its own charm make sure I replay, unlike the first two games.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Returned to Blackguards. Completed a few side quests in chapter 3. I still have some unfinished quests from previous chapters, but I have been everywhere and don't seem to be able to complete them.

I have a slightly better grip on the systems now and I can actually defeat enemies fairly easy now. The only concern I have is with a choice I made myself. I only have one dedicated healer. The rest are melee fighters and I have an archer.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom