Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What game are you wasting time on?

Hellraiser

Arcane
:rage:
I hate it when I find out about a gameplay feature a decade later. It's only happened a few times, the most notable of which was finding how to split a creature stack in HoMM2 (similarly, there was no UI button for that, just a key combo).

That's because you do not read and/or own the manuals. :smug:

Deleted member 7219

Finished Resident Evil 6 today. Not very good. Wouldn't recommend it to anyone except those interested in the franchise's ridiculous story (like me).

Now trying to complete Game of Thrones. It is truly terrible so far, people have told me the story is good but I find it almost as tiring as the combat. Still, it is on the list so I must complete it, otherwise it'll be sitting in my Steam library, mocking me.

Papa Môlé

Arcane
StarMade
http://www.starmadewiki.com/wiki/Main_Page

My first successful ship blueprint:

w8te1f.png

The bridge

23o65c.png

The core

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Doing some weird threesome clusterfuck with Morrowind, Oblivion and Elder Scrolls Online. ESO is the exact kind of MMO bullshit I hate and I was struggling through for story and explorefagness but will probably have to stop soon.

Deleted member 7219

Completed The Brigmore Witches, so that is all of Dishonored and its DLC completed now. Very, very good game. I'm not too sure about the 'Favours' system, it made some missions a little too easy. Would have been nice if they had linked the favours more directly to what you did in the previous mission (they did this for some of them) and took out the money aspect of it. There's basically no point in not buying the favours seeing how easily money is gained and how much of an advantage the favours tend to give you.

Blonsky

Prophet
I felt i needed more Torchlight in my gaming life, so i installed Fate: the Traitor Soul. Its pretty much the same stuff.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Cannon Fodder at the moment. Those motherfucking exploding flying rooftops....

Last edited:

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
Finally resumed MMX. The game becomes much more fun once you have access to Master-level spells: you have more tactical options instead of the same tired celestial armor, firebolt, ice bolt combo.

Humppaleka

Cipher
Beat Neverwinter Nights. God what a game. I kind of enjoyed it until Chapter 3 but I fought my way through the entire game. It never got better, at any point in any way. Now for the expansions, those should be better... Right? Right?

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Wrath
Beat Neverwinter Nights. God what a game. I kind of enjoyed it until Chapter 3 but I fought my way through the entire game. It never got better, at any point in any way. Now for the expansions, those should be better... Right? Right?

In my opinion, SoU is pretty okay - it's better than the base game, but you can safely skip it. HotU, on the other hand, is very good.

circ

Arcane
I guess I'm done with StarDrive. Nothing to do. I haven't bothered with a single conquest victory because of the UI. It was simple in MoO even with massive sized maps, that are bigger and more eventful than epic size maps in StarDrive.

Maybe the mods it has are good but eh feel like something different. Atleast it got the taste of Endless Space out of my mouth.

kris

Arcane
I am back with Football manager, possibly because I am tired of how the real football is going. all until things will go against me and I will rage-quit.

FuelBlooded

Scholar
Syndicate FPS. SOOO shiny and pwetty! Aside from motion blur and mouse acceleration, the gameplay is pretty fine.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Still trekking through Avernum 5, on and off when I have the time. Avernum 5 is definitely a stronger game than Avernum 4 so far - I like the "you play an Empire soldier" angle and the fact that it takes place in a brand-new world map area for a change, rather than the same old ones. Also has a lot less filler and a lot more quality content overall - fewer fetch quests and no respawning mobs.

Still, I think I'm getting burned out on Avernum - I finished Avernum 4 a few months back and I'm not sure I can handle two 80-hour RPGs in this vein so close to each other. Maybe I'll take a break for something else, who knows.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Well, I stopped wasting time on Lego Harry Potter: Years 1-4. It's all fun while the story mode is ongoing, but you quickly realize that this is a game that tries to force you to replay the game just to get that "100% complete" thing. And unlike many other games that reward the player for doing so, LHP doesn't... so what's the point? I just uninstalled it after getting 72% complete.

I ran into far too many problems with the game to even think of recommending it to anyone. The biggest one are the bugs. I haven't had so many CTDs for no reason whatsoever in quite a while. Fortunately the auto-save is robust, but I read up on cases where the autosave can screw people over permanently, like being unable to use certain characters in certain situations.

What's even worse are some of the design decisions for the game, which are borderline retarded. Like not having a map for Hogwarts. Oh sure, that ghost will act like a quest compass for you every step of the way, but sometimes you don't want to follow him and do your own thing and don't know where to find the bloody room! And before starting the game I had a look at the options menu, and immediately noticed that there were no audio settings available. Very strange, I thought, and started playing the game with the constantly loud music playing ad infinitum. BUT, once you're actually in the game and playing, you get NEW choices in the options menu, including audio controls. Why the fuck wasn't that available right at the start? Can anyone explain that? People are far less likely to look into the Options menu once they've actually started playing the game.

But there's more. One of the collectible items for LHP are "Red Bricks", 20 of them which have to be found to be unlocked, and then bought with Lego studs. The red brick upgrades all serve to make the game easier for you. Fair enough, but what the game DOESN'T tell you is that once you've purchased them, you have to enable them in the "Extras" menu AND that you have to re-enable them every time you start the game. What brand of moron game designer thinks this makes sense?

But that isn't the weirdest decision yet. That is the facgt that 5 of the red brick upgrades are score multipliers; 2x, 4x, 6x, 8x and a whopping 10x the normal value of any collected Lego studs. What's so weird about that, you ask? The bonuses are cumulative. With all 5 enabled, it's 2x4x6x8x10 = 3840x! A purple stud becomes 3.8 MILLION studs! The most expensive stud purchase I found cost 4 million, but with even half of these upgrades it'll be a cakewalk to be rolling with billions of studs with little effort.

I'm actually reluctant to start playing Lego Marvel Super Heroes now, because of how sour a taste LHP left with me.

stabby

Learned
Well, in an effort not to take some focus away from my current blind stumbling through Wizardry 6 (I'll spare y'all the shameless self advertising of my LP... which was probably just negated by that very comment now that I think of it) I've decided to go through a bit of the ol' backlog of Point 'n Click adventures in my library (mainly those with a fixed 4:3 perspective as I have broken out my old CRT monitor out of storage recently).

First one at the moment is my second attempt at Blackwell Deception, 'second attempt' being the fact there was a mild rage dropping after it appeared I pooched the sequence of a puzzle, moved to another area without thinking thereby triggering the autosave, and quickly realized my only manual save was on the freakin' boat at the start of the game. As I really didn't feel like going through it all over again I just put it down. Since that was a few months back, the advantage is that I don't remember the solutions to anything so far though that may be a bad thing as the game might not be that memorable. Still, I imagine the game is as short as the previous three and Convergence did feel a bit 'meh' at the beginning as well, so hopefully it'll all pick up soon enough.

Last edited:

sser

Arcane
Developer
Return to Castle Wolfenstein.

Got to the crypts. Not sure if I want to continue. I just find those enemies excessively annoying to dispatch.

Repressed Homosexual
This is such a good thread, much better than such usual threads on gaming forums. It really makes me want to play the games that are talked about positively here.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Return to Castle Wolfenstein.

Got to the crypts. Not sure if I want to continue. I just find those enemies excessively annoying to dispatch.
It's only three levels of the crypt(I think), after which there's a stealth level and then mostly mundane stuff.

Repressed Homosexual
This is such a good thread, much better than such usual threads on gaming forums. It really makes me want to play the games that are talked about positively here.
Please play Realms of Arkania HD. Majestic.

Not before I first complete Arcania: Gothic 4.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom