Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What game are you wasting time on?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
disgonbgud.gif

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
Arkham Asylum got repetitive and has way too much collectiing.
Men of War > CoH2
Deus Human Revolution > Deus Ex/Dishonored/Bloodlines
Dragon Age 1 and 2 are just terrible.
Dreamfall is nothing like the first and is jut some interactive movie.
Game of Thrones is good only for the story. In that case i rather read the books.
Gemini Rue is interesting at first but it's a small game and becomes tedious later on.
Homeworld has annoying mission design.
Mass Effect series are forgettable and mediocre.
Mirror's Edge, actually i should've left that out. Haven't played it.
Psychonauts tries to hard and is buggy.
Witcher 2 is worse than the original, which wasn't all that to begin with.

tumblr_kq979vR0Hz1qzma4ho1_400.jpg

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Well, that chap is right about the Witcher at least, it was much better than Witcher 2 and was never great to begin with.

Also right on track in regards to the Dragon Age games, they are clearly abominations, and that much I can tell without even defiling myself by actually playing them.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Psychonauts is one of the few games I've played in the "New Age" of gaming that has NEVER given me any problems with bugs.

He's right on a handful of other titles, but broken clocks are also right twice a day, so...

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Maybe i'll give psychonauts another try, but when i played last time it was bugged and pissed me off.

FuelBlooded

Scholar
here is my backlog, I actually made it a table with genres and stuff.

Bold ones are installed
NCuTlLq.png

inb4 too many ekshun geimz

DeepOcean

Arcane
Deus Human Revolution > Deus Ex/Dishonored/Bloodlines.
What? Man, I liked Deus Ex Human Revolution mostly because it could be way worse and it ended as an acceptable Deus Ex game but in comparison with the other three... Do you liked "follow the yellow vent road" The Game, that much?

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Only Human Revolution made me want to replay it again. Whether it was the vents or not i really don't care.

Felix

Arcane
Playing torchlight II with Berserker class, put everything into offense, shit is fun

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Finished the Shadow Warrior reboot. Enjoyed it way more than Hard Reset, although it makes for a weird progression on the developer's side; while Hard Reset had poor gunplay and movement for the kind of game it was trying to be, it managed to build some pretty diverse and challenging encounters from the few enemy types it had; Shadow Warrior, on the other hand, has very satisfying combat and movement, and a good variety of monsters, but rarely manages to build interesting encounters out of them. And it's definitely possible to do so, as the game occasionally achieves it. Thankfully the strength of its core mechanics makes it enjoyable nevertheless.

I liked the game in general, while it's not at all similar to the Build engine games in mechanical terms, it has a similar kind of charm, where its humor and aesthetics reflect the developers' personal tastes rather than some marketing template. I even enjoyed the story, and found it hilarious how a bunch of potatoes can use like ~10 minutes in total of narration-over-still-images to produce a more compelling narrative than Levine with his $200 million in Bioshock Infinite.

Kind of looking forward to their next game now, which I definitely wasn't after Hard Reset.

Just started Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge, and holy shit is it hard. This is from a NG veteran. For those who don't know it's the remake that Team Ninja did of the game originally for Wii U, then it got ported. Seems to have gone under the radar.

Probably the "hardest" Ninja Gaiden game, but for all the wrong reasons.

I lasted all of two missions before throwing in the towel with Razor's Edge. The vanilla game was pretty terrible and Razor's Edge did little to make the game more bearable. The controls are still imprecise, cheapness abounds, and most of the enemies and bosses are terrible (the Retardasaurus Rex is possibly the worst boss fight in the entire subgenre, contested only by other Ninja Gaiden 3 stinkers or the DmC wuboot's rogues gallery). The lazy additions of NG1/NG2 foes served only to remind me of two much better games I could be playing instead of Hayashi's latest turd dropped upon the series.

What a hatchet job he's done...a great series turned to complete shit. And judging by the previews for Ninja Gaiden Z...he's not yet done.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Probably the "hardest" Ninja Gaiden game, but for all the wrong reasons.

I lasted all of two missions before throwing in the towel with Razor's Edge. The vanilla game was pretty terrible and Razor's Edge did little to make the game more bearable. The controls are still imprecise, cheapness abounds, and most of the enemies and bosses are terrible (the Retardasaurus Rex is possibly the worst boss fight in the entire subgenre, contested only by other Ninja Gaiden 3 stinkers or the DmC wuboot's rogues gallery). The lazy additions of NG1/NG2 foes served only to remind me of two much better games I could be playing instead of Hayashi's latest turd dropped upon the series.

What a hatchet job he's done...a great series turned to complete shit. And judging by the previews for Ninja Gaiden Z...he's not yet done.
What system did you play it on? It seemed to control the same as NG2 (playing on PS3).

As for Ninja Gaiden Z, that looks like more a different type of game. They're not calling it NG4.

Severian Silk

I really haven't been playing *any* games lately. Up until a couple days ago when I installed a new hard drive I had about a dozen games installed:

Wing Commander Saga
Blackguards demo
Freedom Force vs. the Third Reich
X-Wing Alliance
Homeworld 2
New Vegas
Morrowind
Geneforge 1-5
Bladur's Gate 1
Planescape" Torment
Underrail
Jagged Alliance 2

Except for JA2 I haven't been able to motivate myself to play them.

Humppaleka

Cipher
nice website! is it time consuming to make a backlog there?
You pick a system, write down the name of the game and pick the completion status. That is it basically. There are tons of other options too like Original system, mark games + expansions as one "compilation" on the list, ownership (owned, borrowed, rented etc), region, achievements... But you don't have to do any of that stuff of course.

Naturally it took quite the long while to gather up thousands of games for it but what can you do, I was pretty bored.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I gave Assassins Creed another try after quiting the second one out of boredom. Installed Brotherhood and it seems smaller in scope and thats a good thing in my eyes.
Taking over Borgia towers is fun, theres not alot of em and you get a viewpoint every time you take over them and set em on fire. Compared to 100+ viewpoints in the second one that was a motherfuckin chore its much better.
Highlights incude that mama owns a whorehouse now and sidequest entertainment includes being a pimp for hoes beating up guys that drogged one of em and I did another one that included beting up a rival pimp.
Also climbed up on Colosseum, looks pretty epic in the game.

RolePlayer

Augur
Last 4 games I've sunk a ton of time into and either completed or in progress on:

Super Mario Bros 1 -- Wii
A classic I finally got around to playing (I was still in diapers when all the original NES Mario Bros games came out). I enjoy 2d platformers, and this game delivered. Took me several dozen attempts to finally beat World 8.

NBA 2K14 - PS3
"My Player" mode, which is crack for fans of RPGs who also love the NBA. This game was made for me. I've sunk 100+ hours into it at least.

GTA V - PS3
Had to play this because of the hype. It exemplified everything I hate about modern "AAA" titles (linear cut scene shooter on rails).

Half Life 2 - PC
In the middle of this now, at the "Sandtraps". Loving every minute of it (the pacing, the writing, the lore, the environments, the puzzles (they are easy, but it's better than the shit out now), the art/graphics, all very good). Having the most fun playing a PC game then I've had in a while. It all feels very traditional, made for PC geeks. Which is a nice plus.

Sòren

Arcane
NWN 2 which is much more fun than i remembered. it's actually quite good.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom