Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What game are you wasting time on?

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
^

That's very cool, very 'atmospheric' considering how it's being told

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
Yeah, I am already finding dead cities, laser rifles, and alien alloys. There's also a bit of a roguelike element with the classic ASCII hero wandering the wastes looking for supplies...

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
You can trust them most of the time. Every now and then one will be a dick and not return but I think 80% of the time they bring back more than you gave them.

Just tried my luck with furs and he got back with lots :) Does it save if I close chrome? Got pretty far in the wilds(killed a village od scavangers :)) now just need to figure out how to get more steel.

Edit: Damn.... a beast ate me with his ultra fast attack speed. Need moar bolas it seems.

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
You can trust them most of the time. Every now and then one will be a dick and not return but I think 80% of the time they bring back more than you gave them.

Just tried my luck with furs and he got back with lots :) Does it save if I close chrome? Got pretty far in the wilds(killed a village od scavangers :)) now just need to figure out how to get more steel.

Edit: Damn.... a beast ate me with his ultra fast attack speed. Need moar bolas it seems.

You'll need an iron mine and a coal mine and all of the previous workshops unlocked. Eventually, the builder will let you know about steel-related things you can build.

Not sure if it saves when you close Chrome as I played the game all the way through without closing Chrome :D

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
You'll need an iron mine and a coal mine and all of the previous workshops unlocked. Eventually, the builder will let you know about steel-related things you can build.

Not sure if it saves when you close Chrome as I played the game all the way through without closing Chrome :D

Yean, i did the same thing just to be sure :D SPAACEEE! Finished it and left many work in my office undone.
Fights got easier when I found out I can dual even triple wield :) But lost some goodies when I forgot about water...

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
I have been playing Jagged Alliance 2 1.13 for a while with a Codex-inspired party. Started off by selling a sacrifical cow character named Hepler to the hicks to score some extra firepower, after which I took Chitzena as usual. Trained militia, sold scavanged guns to Tony for cash, then took Drassen airport, bought some armour and overpowered super-duper FN FNCs with battle scopes from Bobby Rays and headed back down to take Grumm. It turned into a lovely and quite difficult series of massacres at the mine, where the M72A4 LAW from the factory came in mighty handy.

Now I am preparing for Drassen counterattack, where I plan to use the übermensch muscle-mountain and demolitions expert Cleve to rig the entry points with mines and remote explosives, and then bombard those who get through with LAWs and grenades, praying that my meatshields valiant militia allies last long enough to distract enemy fire so that team Codexia can successfully drive off the scourge and live to tell the tale.

Gurkog

Erudite
Project: Eternity
Doing Borderlands 1, I completed all of the OC and DLC for a playthrough 1 with my soldier. The class is too easy so I started a hunter and am only using sniper rifles, scoped revolvers, and masher revolvers (pistol version of a shotgun) when I feel nasty. Much more fun popping moles with precision headshots instead of throwing down a distraction and spraying lead everywhere as a soldier.

Bloodwing can be amazingly useful if you spend points into his skills, he can even make enemies drop more loot to make it more likely you'll find useful stuff faster. A headshot with a masher revolver will rape everything so you don't have to worry much about other skills, anyway.

Machocruz

Arcane
Persona 4, on PSCX or whatever it's called. Cute game. Fairly limited. Played a bit of 3, but this is better simply for the fact that you can control your party. The rhythm of the daily schedule is kind of entrancing , "one more turn day" effect going on.

Shin Megami Tensei 3 - weird, also hypnotic. A lot of yous say this is the best SMT, but I prefer Strange Journey and DS: Soul Hackers so far. Game's storytelling reminds me of Killer 7.

Skunkpew

Augur
Just finished Wasteland the other day. I thought it was pretty fun and challenging. I wouldn't have minded more scavenger-like gameplay, trying to find money and supplies to slowly build the party up and survive. At one point I accidently stepped on a square of radiation and didn't have money to cure them all. I had some really great tense moments as I scoured the wasteland looking for a few measly bucks to cure my final character. Couldn't reload either because of how the game works (i.e. I had already entered another screen and could only reload as far back to entering that screen). It had to be moments like that which made this game a legend. I wish more of the game followed that path.

Instead, in the second half of the game, I was able to build up a bankroll of $100,000 or more, and I wasn't even anal about finding and selling every item I could (or killing many NPCs). I shrugged when I found additional power armors, just because I couldn't be bothered to drag them to Needles and sell them off. Also, the point of fighting endless waves of robots happens too quickly and too abruptly I felt, and distracted from the idea of wandering around a desolate wasteland filled with human raiders and desperate survivors.

And then once you figure out where, you can basically level up your entire party to an unbeatable level in less than an hour or so. Might play through again to see how quickly I can become immortal.

Oesophagus

Arcane
LblOH9x.jpg

HtjV0C1.jpg

0FO05Gf.jpg

MxI43B1.jpg

r4nyX0R.jpg

HXzOijc.jpg

pZiN9JW.jpg

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Been playing Dead Island since picking it up in a bundle this week. The game is... okay. Not great, not completely terrible either. The core melee combat is actually pretty enjoyable and well done, lots of different weapon types and the crafting/upgrade system, while basic, has a decent degree of choice. Only problem is I usually find a higher-level weapon an hour later and have to make a new one, but I guess then it'd be sorta dumb to use the same weapon the entire game.

Thematically and tonally the game is a mess. I think it's trying to be serious during the main story but it has a lot of really dumb and borderline reprehensible side-quests. Like, the game has a (hilarious) scene where a father gives a final goodbye to his (sex kitten) daughter before succumbing to zombie-ism, set to a sad piano track, but then you realize you're playing the game as a gigantic gangsta rapper wearing a gold chain with a "B" on it and diamond-encrusted leather jacket.

I can imagine the game getting quite boring past halfway in. I just hit act 2 because the side-quests seemed to try up pretty fast at a certain point, and the exploration itself is really unfulfilling... it has the Far Cry 2 problem of giving you an open world with very little to actually do in it except drive to mission objectives and hunt down collectables, not to mention both games also seem to have an obsession with copy-pasta. I will probably still beat it, though less because it's fun and more just to say I did it (don't like leaving games unfinished).

There's also a lot of weird stuff about the game, technically. Animation can get really glitchy at times and there's kind of an ugly, glossy sheen to everything which I think is supposed to make everything look hot and "wet" but really just looks like everything is wrapped in plastic. There are also a higher-than-average number of art/level design anomalies, like really jagged terrain, floating bushes everywhere, suspiciously low-res textures that sort of thing. And for a game set on a fictional Caribbean island, it's weird how white people still make up 90% of the population.

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Yeah, even that stupid mutilated torso statue was a source of "controversy". I can already see the blog posts.

"I couldn't help but notice most of the servants are people of color. Does anyone else find this to be very problematic?"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom