Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What Endarire wants done and may need help doing!

Endarire

Scholar
Intro
Greetings, all!

I have a list of things that seem generally easily implemented, but am not sure yet how to implement them in-game. I'm asking for your help. If you want to do any of these in my stead, go ahead, but let me know what was done!

At present, I would like (and probably need) a step-by-step walkthrough for doing these feats and spells, as well as adding a scribable scroll for each spell. These are some of the easy effects on my wishlist.

Thankee!

Feats
-*Able Learner: Can only be taken at level 1 (during character creation). Not sure how to check/enforce level 1 only prereq, nor how to ensure that if a class is ever a class skill for this character, the skill is always a class skill. The * at the front is to denote level 1-only, and is intended to sort this feat to the top of the list.

-Melodic Casting: This allows Bardic Music users to cast spells while their Bardic Music is active. Pathfinder includes this by default. Awesome?

-*Militia: Become proficient with all martial weapons, like a Fighter. I intended to allow any race to take this feat due to balance reasons. The * at the front is to denote level 1-only, and is intended to sort this feat to the top of the list.

-Natural Bond
By RAW, this adds 3 to my Druid or Ranger (or other animal companion class) level for determining bonuses. Also, by RAW, this lets me ignore 3 levels of penalty for higher-level companions. Thus, a Druid7 could summon a Dire Wolf companion but at -3 levels instead of -6.

-Practiced Spellcaster: +4 to one class's caster level to a maximum of the subject's hit dice. Thus, a Rogue1/Cleric1/Wizard1 would need Practiced Spellcaster twice to boost Cleric and Wizard casdting. I'm unsure how to add a CL capped at HD while still allowing for CL boosters like the Good domain.

Spells
-Acid Fog: I started on this, but was unsure how to make the fog deal 2d6 acid damage per turn while keeping the solid fog effect.

-Energy Immunity: Another radial menu, 6-spell ID spell that does exactly what it says. How to make someone immune to an energy type without instead giving them absurd resistance, like 9999 fire resist?

-Enrage Animal: Like a Barbarian's Rage (see text) but only affects Animal-type creatures, requires Concentration, and does not inflict fatigue/exhaustion after.

-Evard's Black Tentacles: A 20' radius spread that can reach subjects within' 10' of the spell effect. (Perhaps make it a 30' radius then.) I intended to use a reskinned entangle graphic that looked dark purple and had no save but made a Grapple check every round. I felt stumped on how to do all this, especially the Grapple check and purple graphic.

-Greater Enlarge Person: A level 5, 1hr/CL version of enlarge person. This should not stack with enlarge person but should stack with righteous might.

-Mass Protection from Elements: As PfElements but with haste targeting.

-Mass Resist Energy: Just as the name says. Targeting is like haste in ToEE, but with a radial menu like resist energy. This requires 6 spell IDs - one per element - plus the selector.

-Protection from Elements: This level 5 spell is protection from energy, but all 5 energy types. How to make all the animations (PfAcid, Cold, Electricity, Fire, and Sonic) on the target upon cast? Should this be done.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
The feats will all require additions to the C++ code since they require new type of behavior.

For the spells, I think most of them should be doable with a reasonable amount of effort. You need to learn the Modifier system first though (see the Wiki articles). Have you done that?

Endarire

Scholar
Nae to modifier system. What's a link for it? By-step instructions for it?

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Like I said it's in the wiki. I've plastered the link all over the place.

On that note, if you're going to require spoon-feeding, this is just not going to work out.

Last edited:

Endarire

Scholar
I didn't see any links on the Wiki's right side to spell modification/creation tutorials. How to find those?

Sitra Achara

Arcane
I didn't see any links on the Wiki's right side to spell modification/creation tutorials. How to find those?
We were talking about Modifiers.
The thread on spells in this forum is as detailed as I am willing to make with regard to the basics. I'm not going to do a step by step tutorial, sorry.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom