Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What do YOU want for ELEX 2?

We already know the rough outlines of the plot from ELEX ending: ELEX's daddy (aliens) are coming...

PB should be able to reuse most stuff from the first game (textures, models, engine, lore, characters, etc), which will help them a lot, given their rather limited resources. So they can focus on producing content and fine-tuning systems.

What do you think would help it the most to build on the first game and take it to the next level?

I would like to see the combat system streamlined. They should fix up the parrying system from ELEX, so that you can parry humanoids. Character stats could control how effective the parrying is (1/4 damage, 1/2 damage, full damage) and what it works against, but it would require timing and player skill to actually use. In ELEX, it was broken, and did not work against a lot of animations.

For non-humanoids, they should replace the roll with a side-stepping dodge (rolling is always silly).

Shields should be given some penalties, as they are too OP in 1v1 combat.

Remove the grenade launchers and anything ranged with cc, this is an inherently stupid idea. Some kind of a simple cover system implementation (supported by AI) would be fun.

Geckabor

Savant
Expanded faction questlines.
Stats/skills that do something, like expanding/improving your melee combos.
Bring back knocking people unconscious PLEASE.
More dense game world.

Don't care about the story, don't care about customizing the protagonist; the above mentioned are all I really want PB to improve on.

Edit: Oh and maybe get rid of respawns.

deama

Prophet
For Elex 2 I would like it if they added more functionality to stats, I don't want them to be just gateway requirements for equipment, but to also increase stuff like damage and defence.
Fixing the combat would be nice too, as I remember the melee being kinda janky and the ranged kinda OP once you got certain weapons.
Instead of leveling up to increase stats/skills, maybe make it so that you just inject yourself with elex? Also, make it so that your character physically changes the more elex you inject yourself with, e.g. eventually you become more white, get blue eyes, idk. They could also create "traits" that you can pick from that would give you draw back and give you boosts in certain areas. These "traits" would also change you physically, e.g. grow wings, which replaces the jet pack by double its effeciency, but your hitbox increases by 30% or something like that.

Basically, just make the game more interesting and polish it up.

Tigranes

Arcane
smaller, denser world, actual explanations to stats, less broken shit. that's a big enough list.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Why would anyone want a sequel to Elex?

i1kDuQKbzII2.png

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I want more jankiness.
Once you get competent at a PB games' combat system, you can beat enemies you aren't supposed to beat yet, imagine if the combat gets smooth enough that being competent at it is not difficult at all anymore, they would lose most of the fun. And there will be no need to cheese.

But please make the stats be more than item requirement.

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
Edit: Oh and maybe get rid of respawns.

Yes, please. Just make sure that new enemies are added after each chapter. Classic formula. Don't fuck with it.

No jetpack.

:nocountryforshitposters:
I think it ruins the careful pacing of exploration that made Gothic 1 and 2, and even 3, so great. I mean maybe if they designed the game from the start with a jetpack in mind (I remember reading that they only added the jetpack in later during testing) they could craft areas that took it into account, but in Elex it usually felt like cheating.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Smaller, more dense world.
Remove stamina, please.
Knocking people out was missed.
Maybe spread the content between chapters. I spent 80% of the game in the first and second chapter.
Explain stats.
Let us improve the jetpack, make it even more useful for traversal.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom