Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What did New Vegas DO WRONG? / Would isometric New Vegas with finished content be GOAT?

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
FWIW the JSawyer "Ultimate Edition" adds in a toggable Sprint function which consume AP-- I assume they simply cut and pasted the code from the PN mod.

Anyway I ended-up uninstalling everything in that screenshot except the Blood/Gore/Impact/Ragdoll tweaks. Game turned into a broken mess the second I reached freeside with massive stuttering and NPCs that wouldn't trigger correctly and yes, even while using the 4GB tweak.

It's. p. fun blowing fools away in VATS with the ragdolls and extra blood textures and impact settings, tee-hee.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
FWIW the JSawyer "Ultimate Edition" adds in a toggable Sprint function which consume AP-- I assume they simply cut and pasted the code from the PN mod.

It's fairly different: Project Nevada apparently uses "explosions" or something to propel the player faster. You can see this if you sprint while swimming: small explosions will appear in the water before you.

Anyway I ended-up uninstalling everything in that screenshot except the Blood/Gore/Impact/Ragdoll tweaks. Game turned into a broken mess the second I reached freeside with massive stuttering and NPCs that wouldn't trigger correctly and yes, even while using the 4GB tweak.

Freeside Open and all those HUGE mods that rework how areas play simply aren't worth it because of things like this. Not to mention it's a one-way ride: once you regret installing them, there's no solution but reinstalling everything.

Gimble

Educated
Freeside Open and all those HUGE mods that rework how areas play simply aren't worth it because of things like this. Not to mention it's a one-way ride: once you regret installing them, there's no solution but reinstalling everything.
That is the key reason to use mod organizer instead of NMM or FOMM. You can always save and switch back to a working profile, and not even have to worry about actual files getting replaced.

It is even possible to have several profiles covering different sets of mods (even texture replacements) and do simultaneous playthroughs.

Furthermore, it can be setup with NVSE, 4GB, etc and can also be setup with xedit to create specific patch to the virtual load order profile. It can also integrate with the Nexus modsite and download mods automatically, find new versions, etc - much like what NMM does, so it isn't even a matter of losing any functionality.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom